[CONFIRMED AND ON SALE] GAME confirms Shovel Knight amiibo

630x

After a few rumors started floating around of Shovel Knight being a possible addition to Smash Bros, the European retail store. GAME, posted a tweet telling customers to get ready to pre-order a Shovel Knight amiibo. According to the listing, scanning the amiibo will unlock exclusive content in the 3DS/Wii U versions of Shovel Knight. While this doesn't confirm Shovel Knight for Smash Bros, it's certainly interesting, seeing Nintendo make an amiibo figure for an indie game.

The amiibo is set to be released on November 27th in the UK.

Source: Nintendolife

Pre order at GAME

Last edited by Chary,
D

Deleted User

Without funding, Ninty won't be able to make said products anymore. Considering they were close to calling it quits a few years ago, I'll gladly purchase this "expensive" (actually very reasonably priced) DLC. With the restock they are not as bad as they were a few months ago, and if demand is high I imagine a Splatoon restock will be in the works soon.
Well your welcome to disagree with me, but I think the gaming world would be a better place if Ninty went third party.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your welcome to disagree with me, but I think the gaming world would be a better place if Ninty went third party.

Sure, but there are two other top brand competitors that offer third party and the same re-hash games every year. Ninty in my opinion is better for staying away from the re-hash, and offering the best first party games which makes them my favorite.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, but there are two other top brand competitors that offer third party and the same re-hash games every year. Ninty in my opinion is better for staying away from the re-hash, and offering the best first party games which makes them my favorite.
But their first party games are already mostly re-hashes.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But their first party games are already mostly re-hashes.

Maybe at the core, sure, but the gameplay between systems of those games has arguably changed. From the introduction of the joystick on a traditional controller to motion control in general, Nintendo has strived to be different than the other companies that seem to just follow along on their innovation.

I'm not saying they're the end all be all when it comes to gaming, but they stand apart from the mainstream PS4 XBONE formula to some extent which is why I like them. Now with VR on the cusp of being the next big thing, I wonder what they will bring to the table.

Reactions: Xabring

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[rage post]

Are you f%$#ing serious? ammibo is just some loophole to make users pay for locked content without the dreaded acronym "DLC". Not cheap DLC either. Splatoon I can find online for $50, the 3 ammibo's are another $50. Its a good thing ammibo has been hacked. Ninty can't milk as much money out of this s@?# anymore.

Just wanted to come back and post for you that the Splatoon 3-Pack is back up at Gamestop right now. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/splatoon-3-pack-amiibo-figures/121080

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to come back and post for you that the Splatoon 3-Pack is back up at Gamestop right now. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/splatoon-3-pack-amiibo-figures/121080
And buying that pack from gamestop would cost more after postage than it does here. :P
And leafeon34 is right, that 3 pack is ~$50 here in aus, nearly as much as the game, which retails for $70 at most places.
Gotta love the "australia tax"... :(
Wish the $ was like it was at some point last year i think it was, now its just weak :( /sigh I can wait if the price is right lol

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And buying that pack from gamestop would cost more after postage than it does here. :P
And leafeon34 is right, that 3 pack is ~$50 here in aus, nearly as much as the game, which retails for $70 at most places.
Gotta love the "australia tax"... :(
Wish the $ was like it was at some point last year i think it was, now its just weak :( /sigh I can wait if the price is right lol

I feel so bad for you guys. You seem to get the shaft for all technology. I just learned that the Adobe suite costs and $2k-4k more in your country compared to others too :unsure:

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel so bad for you guys. You seem to get the shaft for all technology. I just learned that the Adobe suite costs and $2k-4k more in your country compared to others too :unsure:
Yeah we get shafted big time here. It sucks balls :(
You should see our game prices. :P New release ps4 games.... $100 lol wii u games are little better at around $70 or so. Any games here really, cost a shit load. :/ Just look at our steam prices...argh!
Which is why I'm selling my ps4, don't feel like paying $100 a pop for a new game (not that there's much of anything of interest in the near future coming for me anyway)... and i just don't use it much, plus i just got a wii u :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we get shafted big time here. It sucks balls :(
You should see our game prices. :P New release ps4 games.... $100 lol wii u games are little better at around $70 or so. Any games here really, cost a shit load. :/ Just look at our steam prices...argh!
Which is why I'm selling my ps4, don't feel like paying $100 a pop for a new game (not that there's much of anything of interest in the near future coming for me anyway)... and i just don't use it much, plus i just got a wii u :)

Ouch haha. You can always build a monster PC if you don't have one already. Initial cost is a big hit, but after that you just upgrade your Video card every 3-5 years, and your Mobo/CPU/RAM every 8-10 years if you specced it right. Cost is much more managable that way. Then get a Steam Link and Steam Controller which releases in November and you're golden. I already have MGS:V and Witcher 3 "borrowed" and ready to play like it was on a console when that time comes. :)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Ouch haha. You can always build a monster PC if you don't have one already. Initial cost is a big hit, but after that you just upgrade your Video card every 3-5 years, and your Mobo/CPU/RAM every 8-10 years if you specced it right. Cost is much more managable that way. Then get a Steam Link and Steam Controller which releases in November and you're golden. I already have MGS:V and Witcher 3 "borrowed" and ready to play like it was on a console when that time comes. :)
Yeah already got a pretty decent pc (i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz, AMD 7950, 16gb ram etc) so that's not a problem :) It's a good point though seeing as "most" console games (excluding nintendo) are on pc now anyway... so i can just "borrow" them as you say or buy em cheap in steam sales or whatever. haha
I'll just keep my wii u and ps vita / pstv and 3ds's for console stuff and get rid of the ps3 and ps4. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans