Configuring Mouse Buttons

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a new mouse, and the side buttons do nothing. I'm wanting to add back and forward to the side buttons, but I'm not sure if there's a way to force that without an app. if I need an app, what would u all recommend?

D

Deleted User

If your playing online multiplayer you might want to assign one of them to a microphone control bind, so that you can communicate with your team,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your playing online multiplayer you might want to assign one of them to a microphone control bind, so that you can communicate with your team,

the problem is that I can't assign the side buttons at all. I know alt + left on the arrow keys is back with alt + right being forward. I need to assign that.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to assign them with firefox to move back and forward with regards to webpages.
That should already be mapped to the side buttons. Does the side buttons work in any other app? What mouse driver is it using?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something appears to be wrong. x mouse doesn't detect either button. I've been having bluetooth issues for a year or so.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of mice these days have some kind of internal configurable chip that holds definitions rather than anything at driver level. To that end it might be better to go find the utility for the mouse and see if you can configure it there.

Reactions: 0x40

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs