Hacking Configurable USB Loader

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
For gamecube there are a lot of adapter. Found out, on the Wii U (developer console) there were some direct ports for a classic controller, but they erased it from final product.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forgive me for not reading the entire thread, I apologize for any offense as I mean none, but I was thinking of finally putting Gamecube ISOS on my system and I was wondering if it would be possible to install a second forwarder that points to a different CFG USB location and uses different settings so I can have one Wii channel and one Gamecube channel rather than having them mixed.

Is this something that is relatively simple to do? Would CFG USB loader only be able to load the first default cfg file or would I be able to direct it to a different one?

Does anyone have the tools I would need to be able to make a custom channel/forwarder with my own choice of graphic?

Also, on another note, are there any plans to make CFG USB support GPT partitions?

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Well i don't know if you can make the same loader twice (doing diffrent stuff).

I just have it like this:

CFG USB Loader ONLY for Wii Games
USB Loader GX ONLY for GameCube Games
WiiFlow ONLY for Emulators & Wiiware

And it works great, no problem. You just have to figure some stuff out by simple try & error because the setting interface is diffrent. For exsample if you want GC Games not to show in CFG Loader you have to hide them one-by-one.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i don't know if you can make the same loader twice (doing diffrent stuff).

And it works great, no problem. You just have to figure some stuff out by simple try & error because the setting interface is diffrent. For exsample if you want GC Games not to show in CFG Loader you have to hide them one-by-one.

Yeah, I have CFG USB Loader for only Wii Games, but I want to use a second partition on the same hard drive for Gamecube games, so that I don't have to mix them up but can still use CFG USB loader for both. I want it to load the first partition for Wii, and a second channel/launcher for the gamecube games, so I guess I could use "USB Loader" for the gamecube games. Do you have a link or a place I could get it from?

Also, I'm wanting to upgrade my drive and make a bigger Wii NTSC partition, but CFG USB loader doesn't use GPT. Is there a place I can check to see if they plan on doing that in the near future?

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I have downloaded it and I will see what I can do with it.

Yeah, I think I will have to do the same thing, only backwards. I will have to download all the covers for all the Wii games for USB Loader GX even though I have them for CFG USB Loader and then download all the Gamecube covers for the CFG USB Loader, and use it backwards to what you're doing, because USB Loader GX supports GPT and I'm using a larger hard drive now.

So I will have it like this:
USB Loader GX ONLY for Wii games on a NTFS GPT partition
CFG USB Loader ONLY for GameCube games on a FAT32 MBR partition
WiiFlow for emulators and wiiware

I use a theme on CFG USB Loader, and I used WiiBackupManager to download all the covers for the games I have, so now I have to figure out how to set up a theme on GX and see if it can share a cover folder with CFG.

Reactions: WiisleyU

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
are you sure you know how to mix GPT an MBR on the same drive? Technically it can be done but practically it will be a mess or are you going to use two HDDs?
Both CFG and ULGX have option to list only Wii or GC games and is just a few clicks to swtich. Even that is too much for you?

you can set ULGX to look for covers in custom paths, not sure about CFG, its been a long time...

Edit: there is even a tab-mod for ULGX which makes switching between Wii and GC listings as simple as clicking a tab.

Last edited by tswntk,

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure you know how to mix GPT an MBR on the same drive? Technically it can be done but practically it will be a mess or are you going to use two HDDs?
Both CFG and ULGX have option to list only Wii or GC games and is just a few clicks to swtich. Even that is too much for you?

you can set ULGX to look for covers in custom paths, not sure about CFG, its been a long time...

Edit: there is even a tab-mod for ULGX which makes switching between Wii and GC listings as simple as clicking a tab.

Actually the reason for me wanting to do it that way is that CFG USB, which I have been using up until now, cannot read GPT partitions.
I bought a new hard drive that is larger and I wanted to add more space for the WBFS partition. I'm actually running 3 partitions, one with the covers and background music and such for CFG USB Loader, then one with the WBFS files on it, and a third with GameCube isos on it.

When starting with it this way, before copying everything from my existing drive I formatted the rest of the partitions with MBR, but had to make a GPT for the NTFS partition because I wanted it to be over 2tb, and according to the partition program options when I was making the partitions, I made the others MBR and created them first and then made the NTFS partition as GPT. Then to my dismay I found that the current version I have installed for CFG USB Loader doesn't read GPT... so I started doing research and read that USBLoaderGX DOES allow GPT partitions... so I came up with the idea to do it this way and have two channels, one for Wii and one for GameCube. I didn't realize people would think I was lazy for wanting to keep the games separate... and I have nieces and nephews that aren't very literate and may have difficulty switching back and forth... so that's one thing I was considering.

I've never used ULGX, but I thought it would be a great idea to have separate channels for Wii and GameCube games, but I haven't actually done anything yet. I'm still researching.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've never used ULGX, but I thought it would be a great idea to have separate channels for Wii and GameCube games, but I haven't actually done anything yet. I'm still researching.

Then you should research more on GPT and MBR. They are not partitions and could not co-exist on one HDD normally.
You are making your setup way more complicated and unreliable for a"simple idea"
Good luck finding your way to Utopia.

Reactions: Sticksandstones

Mauradon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey overall question using CFG-Loader with Nintendont Support. The Current cfg Loader Mod Version is R78 11. Im using in my config.txt file nintendont_config_mode = arg
So far its working great. But since my CFG Loader allready boot up with black bars i never getting fullscreen booting gamecube and wii Games.

Ist there a command that i can add to the config.txt file wich force the video width and video postion like i can set in nintendont and in wiiflow ?

If i set video with and video postion with the machting seeting to my tv screen im getting fullscreen in most gamecube seetings using wiiflow. Would like too see similar function.

Reactions: schooluser

Buda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
This was most likely already answered, but just look at the size of this thread :D

I am using CFG loader on Vwii because it is, as I understand, the only loader that can run Wii games from an SD card.
It works great, however I am getting a 4:3 resolution in every game. Come to think of it...even the Homebrew Channel on my Vwii is in a squashed forced 4:3.

Any ideas?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by huma_dawii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.