Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use CFG loader mod to use ocarina cheats from the HDD and NOT the SD card? I'd rather have everything on my HDD because it has more space and it's more convenient for Project M. I feel like there was a way to do so but I just can't put my finger on it. When I use my HDD only I get the error that says "Too many codes".
Forgot to put gameconfig.txt in root of the sd card

weilies

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dear gurus,

I am getting following error, and it stop respond even i click Left/Right or A button. It only respond to Power button (shutdown)

What's the possible causes.?

Thanks for the helps in million!

My daughter can't wait to play mario~~

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I realized the attached image loading slow, you can refer this, same image but i hosted in google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60HuoC9ULZ-Vm1vaTRzNXNCaXZvMGp5S3FHR0tfR1R0OFpz/view

Attachments

• IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 315

Corrosive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a fresh reinstall of CFG loader r78 and it always freezes when it's trying to download something. Before it would freeze every time I tried to download album covers. I found out it was because it was trying to download the covers to SD, and my device is USB (I think) so I fixed that, though it froze on the last cover and I had to restart.

Now it freezes when I go to download plugins. What am I doing wrong?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i am trying to load my games from a SD Card, works just fine with Nintendont but when i try to load a Wii game thru CFG USB Loader, this error appears http://postimg.org/image/m4mn9kkk1/
Any suggestions?

in on vWii

Bad disc image. Dump a new copy of it.

I just did a fresh reinstall of CFG loader r78 and it always freezes when it's trying to download something. Before it would freeze every time I tried to download album covers. I found out it was because it was trying to download the covers to SD, and my device is USB (I think) so I fixed that, though it froze on the last cover and I had to restart.

Now it freezes when I go to download plugins. What am I doing wrong?

Try setting the loader's boot/default IOS to a cIOS like d2x IOS249[56].

Dear gurus,

I am getting following error, and it stop respond even i click Left/Right or A button. It only respond to Power button (shutdown)

What's the possible causes.?

Thanks for the helps in million!

My daughter can't wait to play mario~~

I realized the attached image loading slow, you can refer this, same image but i hosted in google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60HuoC9ULZ-Vm1vaTRzNXNCaXZvMGp5S3FHR0tfR1R0OFpz/view

Don't use WBFS as a drive format. Use FAT32 and Wii Backup Manager or WIT to copy your games to the drive. WBFS is old, unreliable and no longer supported as a partition type.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad disc image. Dump a new copy of it.

Try setting the loader's boot/default IOS to a cIOS like d2x IOS249[56].

Don't use WBFS as a drive format. Use FAT32 and Wii Backup Manager or WIT to copy your games to the drive. WBFS is old, unreliable and no longer supported as a partition type.
Not bad image, because is the same copy i have on the HDD.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad image, because is the same copy i have on the HDD.

It's trying to gather the chunks of the file together to start it but failing, so either the copy on the drive is corrupt or missing part of it somehow.
SMG2 is only ~1.3GB so it should only be one WBFS file. You can try checking it with something like Wii Backup Manager or Wiimms ISO Tools and see if they detect anything wrong with it.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's trying to gather the chunks of the file together to start it but failing, so either the copy on the drive is corrupt or missing part of it somehow.
SMG2 is only ~1.3GB so it should only be one WBFS file. You can try checking it with something like Wii Backup Manager or Wiimms ISO Tools and see if they detect anything wrong with it.
Did i mention that im trying to load the game from SD? cause, i have EXACTLY the same file on the HDD and it runs JUST FINE. Plus is not just MG2, is my entire Wii library lol, so obviously the problem is not the file, is i think, the loader.

Last edited by huma_dawii,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did i mention that im trying to load the game from SD? cause, i have EXACTLY the same file on the HDD and it runs JUST FINE. Plus is not just MG2, is my entire Wii library lol, so obviously the problem is not the file, is i think, the loader.

Hmm, maybe so. It's not really being actively developed anymore. You might see if it works with Wiiflow, but USB Loader GX doesn't support Wii games from the SD slot.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by huma_dawii,

liquidfire187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get CFG to load Neek2o by default when trying to play VC/WiiWare? As of now I'm having to manually switch every game from mighty to neek2o within it's own options menu. There has to be a way to make neek2o the default...

Podstran

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi, im new to the Wii softmoding, I installed USB Loader GX which works fine, but I wanted CFG Loader so I can play games like COD.
I installed everything fine IOS58, IOS236 and the fowarder channel but when I start the CFG Loader it says ERROR: Please install IOS248
Do I need to install the IOS through the CIOS Installer rev20b something like that?
Thanks in foward :)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im new to the Wii softmoding, I installed USB Loader GX which works fine, but I wanted CFG Loader so I can play games like COD.
I installed everything fine IOS58, IOS236 and the fowarder channel but when I start the CFG Loader it says ERROR: Please install IOS248
Do I need to install the IOS through the CIOS Installer rev20b something like that?
Thanks in foward :)

You need to install a custom IOS in 249/250. Get the d2x installer and put either v8 or v10 in those slots as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57]. CoD requires the latter. All Wii USB loaders will need one or the other. Also check USB Loader GX's revision. If you don't have at least r1240 it's old and needs to be updated.

Paperfairy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google failed me - has a workaround been developed so that flags that are unique to Nintendon't can either be passed from cfgUSBLoader OR saved from previous Nintendont usage? Specifically, I want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee with memcard emulation, cheats, and native control ALL on, but I am aware that as of r7078, these settings are not passed on.

thanks ^_^

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get CFG to load any emuNand channels.
I dumped my nand using bootmii then extracted to a nand folder on my USB. I then removed priiloader from my emunand using this method. I have my emunand root located at USB:/nand
I then installed the channels using ShowMiiWADs.

I'm using CFG USB Loader MOD Patched (v 70r78.10)
The channels show up on the launcher, so it can find them, but just seems to be unable to launch them.

The Mighty plugin shows some text on the screen and gets to where it says "Starting game...", but then reboots to the homebrew channel.

I've tried several cIOS variants
  • IOS245 d2xbeta53-alt base 37
  • IOS246 d2xbeta53-alt base 38
  • IOS247 d2xbeta53-alt base 53
  • IOS248 d2xbeta53-alt base 55
  • IOS249 d2xbeta53-alt base 56
  • IOS250 d2xbeta52 base 57
  • IOS251 d2xbeta53-alt base 58
  • IOS252 d2xbeta52 base 38
Is there something special I have to do to my emuNAND?
Is there a flaw in the plugin? If so, are there any alternative versions I could download?

I also tried creating a sneek emunand using ModMii as per this post. I then tried switching to the neek2o plugin, but CFG seems to freeze after stating the IOS version being loaded.

Last edited by seangibbz,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • You don't need to remove Priiloader from emunand. Launching from d2x doesn't "boot" the NAND filesystem and the current neek2o ignores it.
  • d2x b53 is not as compatible for emunand. It's only useful if you have to use two USB drives for some reason. I would try building a new d2x IOS249[56] from ModMii and install it and see if that fixes it.
  • Your drive is FAT32, yes? I don't think EmuNAND/NEEK works with any other filesystem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi