Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Okay, thank you.
Then is there any difference between a FAT32 / NTFS / WBFS partition? Or any difference between ISO or WBFS files?

Regarding speed no, it should be the same. In every case a direct sector read is done. The way it is implemented there is no filesystem and file format overhead - only a list of sectors on the drive. The only case where there could be a difference would be a heavy-heavy fragmented filesystem (wbfs can be fragmented too, but the blocks are larger), but even if it's fragmented it should be not be noticeable - consider that even if the drive is heavily fragmented it would still be way faster than a dvd. I think I made some performance testing a long long time ago and posted it somewhere here on gbatemp, but i guess it would be hard to find. Bottom line is performance should be the same, it's more a question of convenience and preference.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Regarding speed no, it should be the same. In every case a direct sector read is done. The way it is implemented there is no filesystem and file format overhead - only a list of sectors on the drive. The only case where there could be a difference would be a heavy-heavy fragmented filesystem (wbfs can be fragmented too, but the blocks are larger), but even if it's fragmented it should be not be noticeable - consider that even if the drive is heavily fragmented it would still be way faster than a dvd. I think I made some performance testing a long long time ago and posted it somewhere here on gbatemp, but i guess it would be hard to find. Bottom line is performance should be the same, it's more a question of convenience and preference.
Alright, thank you. I think I will stick to NTFS with WBFS files then.
And I suppose a defrag might be in order. Thanks again!

oneacc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I've been using this USB loader for many years, but I've never worked out how to bypass the need for an SD card.
I've copied the contents of SD:apps and SD:usb-loader to the root of the HDD, nothing happens.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching SD card and hard drive doesn't narrow things down a lot.
Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi guys, I've been using this USB loader for many years, but I've never worked out how to bypass the need for an SD card.
I've copied the contents of SD:apps and SD:usb-loader to the root of the HDD, nothing happens.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching SD card and hard drive doesn't narrow things down a lot.
Thanks

What you did should be it.
Are you launching from HBC or a forwarder?

nyan_cyrax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got cfg loader all ready to go, my usb flash drive recognized things were looking good. My first game to try was smash bros brawl, and the menu gave me an estimate of 1:22:22. its being burning now for about... 8 hours and it hasn't changed at all. Is that normal ?

Psykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a quick question!

I just recently got my first ISO onto CFG Loader, and it works great. But, when I boot the game it created a blank Game Save even though I'd had previous progress with the game when I had played it on disc. How do I go about accessing my old gamesave through the USB Loader?

My disc drive is broken so I'm left with pure ISO's.

misterlogan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you did should be it.
Are you launching from HBC or a forwarder?

I'm trying to do something related and having some trouble. A pin in my sd reader broke so I'm trying to run project m with a backup of brawl all from two usb drives.

When I launch cfg in usb mode it sets the base directory to sd:/usb-loader, which for the most part doesn't break anything but project m requires ocarina cheats and cfg tries to load them from an sd card that doesn't exist. Is there a way to manually set the base directory or the directory searched for .gct files? Or any other way I'm missing to accomplish this.

Thanks

Edit: Figured it out, for any future people searching for an answer I had the usb drives in the wrong slots. Still don't have things exactly working but cfg is searching usb:/usb-loader now.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So are the unofficial builds that support nintendont available for download?

I haven't tested but check this from original googlecode project: https://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/source/list
Check the revision R75 at the left corner.

By checking the previous pages, the user @SwedishGojira
was kind enough to setup his server to auto compile the cfg mod, use his link to grab the lastest version already compiled: http://homebrew.svalas.net/cfg-loader-mod/http://gbatemp.net/members/swedishgojira.163504/

Reactions: SrTommy

RustedChrome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently softmodded my wii, and am trying to get all my game roms (nes, snes, genesis, wii64, atari2600) to load via CFG USB Loader. I am unable to find out how to set this up so that they will show up along with my wii/gc games when I open up cfg loader.

I already have channel forwarders that work with the various emulators (fceugx, genplusgx, snes9xgx, wii64, wii2600), and they games list pops up fine, but I would really like to just run everything from CFG Loader. All the roms are located on a HDD (except atari roms).

Can anybody explain the procedure on how to get this to work? Or if it is even possible? I know that in the CFG Loader titles file, it shows these emulators. I am running 4.3U, with CFG 70r65.

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas. Having a really weird issue, and if have no clue what the deal is. So, I have Cfg setup on my USB hdd, and the wad installed. If I click it, it works fine and starts Cfg. Now, my roommate installed a wad, and his will only load Cfg off the sd card, not his USB hdd. If he takes my USB hdd and put it on his, his wad will start Cfg. Takes my hdd off, and uses his....crashes back to wii menu. Put Sd card back in, loads Cfg. What could the issue be?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas. Having a really weird issue, and if have no clue what the deal is. So, I have Cfg setup on my USB hdd, and the wad installed. If I click it, it works fine and starts Cfg. Now, my roommate installed a wad, and his will only load Cfg off the sd card, not his USB hdd. If he takes my USB hdd and put it on his, his wad will start Cfg. Takes my hdd off, and uses his....crashes back to wii menu. Put Sd card back in, loads Cfg. What could the issue be?

Looks like he has all the cfg files on his sd card and you have yours setup on the usb hard drive.

The wad file your referring to is a forwarder channel i assume. Most forwarder channels with look for whatever files in both places sd/usb and load which ever ones it finds. So if it searches for it on the sd card and finds it then it loads it.If it doesn't find it there then it looks on the usb drive and then loads it if it is there.

Reactions: Bigbones87

Tzvi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated from r65 to r75 and I am having trouble with my emulated nand for Wiiware.

Before the update I would select a Wiiware game or channel and upon exiting it would return me back to read nand and Priiloader would put me right back into CFG Loader.

Now upon exiting a Wiiware game or channel it takes me to the system menu on the emulated nand. How do I go about getting it back to the way I had it before?

If you need more information on my setup, please let me know and I will try to supply it.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there (first, sorry for my english)

Wow... i've gone from the Wii for a while.... But now i'm back. My friend give me is Wii, and he use the CFGLoader. It's working great, I love the option, love the skin config, put game in favorites, etc...

The only thing i'm questionning about, is how can I load the CFG when I turn on the console? Years ago, if I remember whe need like a "fowarder"... But i don't really remember the procedure.

First, instead to go in the Wii dashboard, start the CFG Channel, Choose Start and load the game I want, Can I go directly in CFG when I turn on the console or when I press the "home" button on the Wiimote?

Hope you understand, again my english is not my primary language, and read all the 887 pages is tooooo much.

Thanks alot, have a nice day all!

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Garbage man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there (first, sorry for my english)

Wow... i've gone from the Wii for a while.... But now i'm back. My friend give me is Wii, and he use the CFGLoader. It's working great, I love the option, love the skin config, put game in favorites, etc...

The only thing i'm questionning about, is how can I load the CFG when I turn on the console? Years ago, if I remember whe need like a "fowarder"... But i don't really remember the procedure.

First, instead to go in the Wii dashboard, start the CFG Channel, Choose Start and load the game I want, Can I go directly in CFG when I turn on the console or when I press the "home" button on the Wiimote?

Hope you understand, again my english is not my primary language, and read all the 887 pages is tooooo much.

Thanks alot, have a nice day all!

Hi.
Use THIS forwarder. Do you have Priiloader installed? If not, install it from this link (If you have only Wii remotes labelled "Wii motion plus inside", you will need to install the version 0.8 beta 4 from this link). Once installed, extract this archive to your SD card's root. Go in the Priiloader (press "Reset" and hold 5 seconds) then scroll down to "Load/Install file", select "USB_Loader.dol" then press "A" to install this file. Now that the file is installed, scroll down to "Settings", then set "Autoboot" to "Installed File" and if you want to return to CFG after leaving a game, set "Return to" to "Autoboot". Don't forget to click "Save settings" on the bottom of the setting page. Exit Priiloader and enjoy!

Attachments

• USB_Loader.zip
    66 KB · Views: 431

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao