Gaming [Concept] Metroid remade as a Call of Duty clone?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Call of Duty has gone down the crapper for years now but if it were close to the likes of MW1 and even MW2 gameplay and script-wise a Metroid ala would be amazing.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why do people want 2d metroid? screw that thing 2d should die a slow death and be for indie stuff only.

metroid in 3rd person would be much better, so i know people hated otherm but it was hated becuase the story was crappy, the gameplay otherwise was amazing, i loved the 3rd person combat, we need a metroid with prime exploration but in the third person like otherm imo.

Last edited by pedro702,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I loved about prime was how different it felt from most fps. The exploration, the puzzles, the bosses, even the shooting felt...unique. It was like a first person Zelda, and it was fantastic.
I honestly can't think of anything worse than metroid cloning anything other than an HD portable prime, maybe slicker controls but a corridor setpiece cod clone...bleurgh no thanks.

Reactions: boomario

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no no metroid turning in to cod. no need to feed the noobs. there needs to be prime 4 or a good 2d metroid. as well as a f zero. and a true star fox. i say remake starfox 2 since it was never released officially. they can use the wii u engine just remove all the motion shit

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just make an original metroid FPS like the trilogy!
even the Nds version was great!!

or make an epic 2d metroid

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just NO.
First Metroid can stand on its own. Next COD sucks (at lest the new ones. the old x360 where great).
So i dont think this would be good, happen or even work.
We simply need a update metroid like prime and we will be golden

Reactions: Bladexdsl

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A metroid in the style of borderlands 2, i would like. Drop in and out co-op for up to 5 people. Imagine several different hunters to choose as a mentor including Samus. As you progress, you get different versions of suits based on your mentor's. The first suit for example for Samus characters would be her mission0/original suit. Different stats and upgrades available for each suit. The mentor you choose also effects what abilities and tech trees sets you get. Samus as a mentor means your character is effectively a Samus clone.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Same as how Splatoon didn't need to copy FPSs
What exactly did it copy? Seems to me like it's an incredibly unique game in the shooter genre.

...Because I don't play ANY FPS games (except Splatoon when my internet isn't sukky) and so I don't really know the differences between them that well?
Splatoon is a third person free floating camera shooter. "FPS" stands for "first person shooter", which Splatoon is not.

My point is that Nintendo can make Metroid into an adult shooter game, which they can market as "like the super popular X but better"
Nintendo has never been known to be the gloating type, so I don't really see them comparing one of their exclusives to another popular game as well as calling it better than said game all for the sake of marketing.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s