Hacking Completely new to Vita hacking, should I get a Vita now?

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have put off getting a Vita for ages, happy with my 3DS for portable gaming, but I recently learnt that there has been a lot of progress with Vita hax recently - namely, that you can run backups reliably now! (or so I've heard...)

Been thinking of getting a used Vita to play some games, but unsure of how difficult the Vita is to hack. Is there any plug and play firmware? Do we just install it and everything runs, or do we have to go through a long process? I just updated my 3DS and PS3 to the latest hax and boy, that was something I don't really want to have to go through again. :)

What do you all think? Is it a good time to get the Vita now? What are the hax like?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
There is a requirement and a very short process to get everything ready for the vita homebrew scene. Nothing like the 3ds scene, it's very simple and mostly safer in comparison.

You need a Vita 3.60 or below to run henkaku (homebrew enabler), and a PSP game/demo to run adrenaline for native PSP emulation. The second part may be tricky with PSN spoofing being blocked since last week, but a couple of workarounds have been found for that.

Read an faq for understanding everything about henkaku, pros and cons. A good time to get the Vita was 3 months ago, but it's not too late. You have to find a 3.60 or lower fw, downgrade is not possible right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4