ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know JJewel I've got to give you credit. I've been following this thing since you started it years ago and you saw it through to the end, that's a rare quality. I'm glad you're here.
hrth.gif

WeirdLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thx for the translation!
I run into a problem.I am using Desmume 0.9.7 but when i tyr to open both the unpatched and patched versions it won't run. it will open but there will only be a white screen with no ability to interact.
Help would be very appreciated!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wawamass. Did you try patching it then? I'm not sure if MAC reads the file differently from PC. (Like on PC, it will show 256 MB, but if you view it as bytes, it will be 262,144 KB. (Like in the last picture on the tutorial.)
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/ilust-tutorial
Anyway, if it doesn't work, maybe you should try checking if it's the correct rom. Or maybe try to patch it on a PC (at library, school, or friend's, etc. if you can find one.)

@727, thanks.
biggrin.gif
Again, it's because of everyone's contributions.
wub.gif

@WeirdLurker, if the unpatched version also didn't run, you might need to change the emulator's settings, or use different emulators. (If you couldn't run the clean rom, it would be more difficult to run the patched rom.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect that you're humble and I like how you really value peoples input instead of fighting it, I think you have a great mindset going in and that may be partially why your projects always meet success. Congrats Jjewel on your gift to the future, someday someone will find this and they will happy you were here.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to let you guys know, I recommended this game and patch to my sis and she absolutely LOVES the game now :')

I still can't believe this kind of game is being translated by the community, let alone the sequel/s being done as well... Keep it up!
tongue.gif

Yuufa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First off, I want to thank everyone who made this translation possible. You guys are awesome~
However, I can't enjoy the game, because there is some problem that I just can't fix. :/ You see, I downloaded a raw JP rom, then patched it and so far it works. I started the game and it plays rather nicely - until people starts to speak, then it gets AWFUL. And I don't mean just a little cracking here and there, no... the voices are just so slow and biased that it's not even funny anymore. I already tried it with different emulators, but none of them fixes the problem. Also, I have tried other rom files, but this also doesn't help at all. My laptop is also rather strong (Asus X53S), I mean, it can even play Star Wars: The Old Republic really good. I'm totally clueless what to do now. Can somehome help me? I would be so thankful for it!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I want to thank everyone who made this translation possible. You guys are awesome~
However, I can't enjoy the game, because there is some problem that I just can't fix. :/ You see, I downloaded a raw JP rom, then patched it and so far it works. I started the game and it plays rather nicely - until people starts to speak, then it gets AWFUL. And I don't mean just a little cracking here and there, no... the voices are just so slow and biased that it's not even funny anymore. I already tried it with different emulators, but none of them fixes the problem. Also, I have tried other rom files, but this also doesn't help at all. My laptop is also rather strong (Asus X53S), I mean, it can even play Star Wars: The Old Republic really good. I'm totally clueless what to do now. Can somehome help me? I would be so thankful for it!

I'm not sure what versions of emulators have been released lately. But you can try different emulators or try the latest builds, etc. to see if it makes any differences.

My computer is very old and voices don't work on any of the emulators so I can't recommend which one works better but I saved this post in tokimemogs livejournal community from some time back.

(quoted mizuharamitzu@tokimemogs LJ.)
ameliten posted about making DeSmuME 0.9.6 sound better.
Thank you very much! I also tried it and it works! XD
Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode: Synchronous > Synchronizer Method: Synch Method "P"
I also found a way to make it sound even better.
Config > Emulation Settings > General: DON'T Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing
So you might want to try it. (As far as I read from many discussion boards, DeSmuME would be the best choice to play this game.)

Sheygull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really forgot about this D: I've never thanked you for this xD so I do it now. Thank you very much for translating this game, I played a month ago and finished it, but I think I will start again in some time from now.

And since I'm writing here I'll say I had no problem at all when playing :D

Thanks again for this :D

Edit: I forgot to say I played the game in my console.

Yuufa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not sure what versions of emulators have been released lately. But you can try different emulators or try the latest builds, etc. to see if it makes any differences.

My computer is very old and voices don't work on any of the emulators so I can't recommend which one works better but I saved this post in tokimemogs livejournal community from some time back.

I already tried different emulators, from old to new versions, but nothing works! The best result in everything but voice was no$gba with no$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 and no$3ds. On those two emulators sound and the game itself are fast, but the voices are still awfully slow. Furthermore, I checked the CPU, but with the emulator open, it's only around 30-40%, so this shouldn't be the problem.

(quoted mizuharamitzu@tokimemogs LJ.)
ameliten posted about making DeSmuME 0.9.6 sound better.
Thank you very much! I also tried it and it works! XD
Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode: Synchronous > Synchronizer Method: Synch Method "P"
I also found a way to make it sound even better.
Config > Emulation Settings > General: DON'T Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing
So you might want to try it. (As far as I read from many discussion boards, DeSmuME would be the best choice to play this game.)

Sadly, it still doesn't work. I even tried different options, but nothing changes :/ Normally, I always had rather good experiences with DeSmuME, but on this one, the two others I mentioned at the beginning of my post are better.
In the meantime, I tried this game on the PC of my brother and there it works with a normal no$gba. Maybe my laptop ist just trolling me...

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything I was supposed to, to patch the game and once I had the patch and tried to play it I keep getting this error message. Could someone just link me to a pre-patched game. I really wanna try this and I have no idea what's going wrong. T.T

Coulld someone please help me?
Linking to a pre-patched game or website that contains it is against this forum's rule. You or the one who posted it could be banned.

What error message did you get? We can try to help you but we can't provide any pre-patched rom. ^_^

Rain-and-Thunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything I was supposed to, to patch the game and once I had the patch and tried to play it I keep getting this error message. Could someone just link me to a pre-patched game. I really wanna try this and I have no idea what's going wrong. T.T

Linking to a pre-patched game or website that contains it is against this forum's rule. You or the one who posted it could be banned.

What error message did you get? We can try to help you but we can't provide any pre-patched rom. ^_^

I don't see how patching it for someone could be bad, but ok.

It says Bad Header Checksum ( real gameboy wou;d shutdown )
Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header [000h]
Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header [0b2h]

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the file extension of the rom you're trying to play? What is its filesize?
(I assumed you're playing it with No$GBA, right? I found people with the same problem as yours when they tried to run .rar or .zip rom with the program.)

If possible, could you double-check if you follow this guide exactly?
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/ilust-tutorial

Rain-and-Thunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the file extension of the rom you're trying to play? What is its filesize?
(I assumed you're playing it with No$GBA, right? I found people with the same problem as yours when they tried to run .rar or .zip rom with the program.)

If possible, could you double-check if you follow this guide exactly?
https://sites.google.../ilust-tutorial

Um...I don't know what any of that means. But the file wasn't zipped when I downloaded it.

I'm using no money ^^

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...I don't know what any of that means. But the file wasn't zipped when I downloaded it.

I'm using no money ^^
Can you do a screenshot for the file you're trying to open? (I don't know what Windows/Mac OS/etc. you use but you should be able to view it with "detail view" or something similar. Then use the "print screen" key on your keyboard and paste it to a graphic program like "Paint". Then upload the picture somewhere (imageshack.us or mediafire, etc.) and post the link here.

Otherwise, follow what No$GBA recommended and try to get the clean rom from somewhere else.
111gba.png

Or try running the rom on other emulator like DesMuMe. (For No$GBA, you'll need MyZoom or some other programs that can rotate the screen.)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

She's saying linking you to a pre-patched rom would be bad, because it's against the rules.

Patching it isn't bad, linking the patched rom on gbatemp would be bad.

Rain-and-Thunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm using no money ^^
Can you do a screenshot for the file you're trying to open? (I don't know what Windows/Mac OS/etc. you use but you should be able to view it with "detail view" or something similar. Then use the "print screen" key on your keyboard and paste it to a graphic program like "Paint". Then upload the picture somewhere (imageshack.us or mediafire, etc.) and post the link here.

Otherwise, follow what No$GBA recommended and try to get the clean rom from somewhere else.
111gba.png

Or try running the rom on other emulator like DesMuMe. (For No$GBA, you'll need MyZoom or some other programs that can rotate the screen.)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/screenshotsj.png/

I think this was what you were asking for. ^^

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us...reenshotsj.png/

I just thought I could send someone what I had and let them patch it and sent it back was what I was asking. XD

Your file is .7z. It was a zip file in .7z format. Search for 7-zip program to unzip it.
Or you can ask others to patch it for you, but just don't post it here. It will break the rule if you do. ^_^
Hope everything works out.

BTW, posting patched rom or clean rom here is like posting copyrighted document on the board. While the patch itself doesn't contain copyright materials (well, it's still grey area about this, but it's allowed here.) but posting the rom itself is against the rule (and the law too, actually.)

Rain-and-Thunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us...reenshotsj.png/

I just thought I could send someone what I had and let them patch it and sent it back was what I was asking. XD

Your file is .7z. It was a zip file in .7z format. Search for 7-zip program to unzip it.
Or you can ask others to patch it for you, but just don't post it here. It will break the rule if you do. ^_^
Hope everything works out.

BTW, posting patched rom or clean rom here is like posting copyrighted document on the board. While the patch itself doesn't contain copyright materials (well, it's still grey area about this, but it's allowed here.) but posting the rom itself is against the rule (and the law too, actually.)

Thanks a lot. I really appriceate it. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat