Complete Jailbreak Guide

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have Spirit as a method of achieving a jailbreak, but no credit to comex (its creator) in the Credits section.

Probably something small, but still, you should add it in.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed working jailbreak 4 IOS 4.0 and 4.0.1. I have just done the jailbreak on my itouch 3g MC model and my m8 has also done the jailbreak on iphone 3GS. I'm on 4.0 n he is on 4.0.1.

Jus go 2. jailbreakme.com via ur devices browser i.e safari in ur itouch or iphone. No computer/mac/itunes required; itll do everything from inside the brower/safari.

Afterwoods just sit back and enjoy ur jailbreak

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Star also now works on iOS 3.2.1 (for iPads).

The Javascript code suggests that Star supports firmwares 3.1.2 through 4.0.1, and warns 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 are known to crash.

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm leaving this guide from now on, I do not have the time ( or care for idevices any more ) to update so if anyone would like me to copy the guide and pm it them so they can carry on my footsteps I'd be happy to do that

Sorry people, hope someone takes it off my hands

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You should mention that if you are on a iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G you now need to start backing up your SHSH blobs as Apple are now 'soft-signing' the signatures for them.
smile.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The star exploit is a little shaky, since it might crash. My iPad had 3.2 on it with shsh blobs, so I just updated it to try out star by curiosity. It will say that it crashed if you go to the url after jailbreaking, do not listen to that warning if you get cydia on your springboard anyway. Because if you install the "essential" updates in cydia and jailbreak again using star, it will mess up cydia.
Also, the exploit uses a font error when loading a pdf file to work. Other hackers may use that exploit to gain access to your personal info, so comex released the "pdf loading warner" in cydia to warn you when a pdf gets loaded. With this new exploit out, everyone should install this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.