Complete 3DS/2DS Customization Guide

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Zyneros, Apr 20, 2017.

Apr 20, 2017
  1. blujay

Member blujay 3DS Devoted Theme Maker

United States
    upload_2017-5-2_16-48-53.png
    upload_2017-5-2_16-49-1.png

Just_Another_Player likes this.

2. dAVID_

Member dAVID_ GBATemp Dweller

Mexico
    Nevermind...

blujay likes this.
  3. Ev1l0rd

Member Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Netherlands
    Very interesting guide. Will be trying this one out myself soon. Just three questions:
    1. Credits. You keep claiming they are in the post, but all you have is a credit for the Cheat Engine file and a link to homemenu.co (which is dead).
    2. Isn't it possible to dump the CIA directly from the system itself using Godmode9?
    3. Would it at some point be feasible for someone to create a nicer GUI for this? At the moment it still requires some knowledge of hex editing, which not everyone may be comfortable with.

4. Just_Another_Player

Newcomer Just_Another_Player Newbie

Australia
    1. You're not wrong -- OP did more or less not credit anybody for helping him; which was essentially some 3-5+ people on the Discord server in my signature. Basically took the information there and on a documentation table and redid the guide here. I approve of the guide, it's nice, straightforward and well presented, but those who helped should definitely have been credited or more evidently credited.

2. Yes! That is completely possible; but OP isn't/wasn't aware that is an option.

3. I assume you mean an application? Sure, that's completely possible. The Home Menu's .lz archives use a particular file structure which is documented on 3DBrew, albeit, it seemingly goes against its own conventions from what I have discovered through raw hex editing. Writing up an updated Cheat Table would be better, in my opinion.

Ev1l0rd likes this.