Complete 3DS/2DS Customization Guide

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Zyneros, Apr 20, 2017.

1. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    upload_2017-5-2_16-48-53.png
    upload_2017-5-2_16-49-1.png

Just_Another_Player likes this.

2. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBATemp Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Nevermind...

blujay likes this.
  3. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Very interesting guide. Will be trying this one out myself soon. Just three questions:
    1. Credits. You keep claiming they are in the post, but all you have is a credit for the Cheat Engine file and a link to homemenu.co (which is dead).
    2. Isn't it possible to dump the CIA directly from the system itself using Godmode9?
    3. Would it at some point be feasible for someone to create a nicer GUI for this? At the moment it still requires some knowledge of hex editing, which not everyone may be comfortable with.

4. Just_Another_Player

Just_Another_Player Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    1. You're not wrong -- OP did more or less not credit anybody for helping him; which was essentially some 3-5+ people on the Discord server in my signature. Basically took the information there and on a documentation table and redid the guide here. I approve of the guide, it's nice, straightforward and well presented, but those who helped should definitely have been credited or more evidently credited.

2. Yes! That is completely possible; but OP isn't/wasn't aware that is an option.

3. I assume you mean an application? Sure, that's completely possible. The Home Menu's .lz archives use a particular file structure which is documented on 3DBrew, albeit, it seemingly goes against its own conventions from what I have discovered through raw hex editing. Writing up an updated Cheat Table would be better, in my opinion.

Ev1l0rd likes this.
  5. Nhills

Nhills Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    France
    Thank you !

6. Nosrama

Nosrama Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    France
    Can't find the safe offsets in the files (maybe because i have a eur 3ds)

7. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I'm working on my own, better guide for this subject. The OP left a week after they posted this because others were getting frustrated he wasn't crediting them. Just stay tuned and I will link my guide once it is finished.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  8. Lia

Lia is this the real life

Jan 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    @Zyneros, your imgur links are dead.

EDIT: Well, he hasn't been online since april, whoops

Last edited by Lia, Aug 29, 2017
  9. xXPaulMCXx

xXPaulMCXx Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Somewhere on Earth
    Haven't heard from Zyneros for a long time either, lemme add a OUTDATED to the top of this thread