Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It has been like the PS3 for a long time now but with no CFW. Downgrading wasn't as much of a challenge on PS3 because the system was set up to allow upgrading from USB which introduced a way to downgrade via a universal package whereas the 3DS upgrade is totally locked into the system and probably encrypted per console (maybe server-side).

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So only Gateway has online capabilities?
Doesnt it give it the edge over the others?
Plus the others are clones anyway so isnt Gateway the clear winner?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So only Gateway has online capabilities?
Doesnt it give it the edge over the others?
Plus the others are clones anyway so isnt Gateway the clear winner?

No, Mt-card has it to (taken from GW)
Yes it has the edge over the others but for multiple reasons not just online.
Yes, GW is the clear winner but people will always consider cheaper alternatives (R4i) and regret their purchase later.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is speculation about who is stealing code/hardware and if there are connections between the teams. It is all speculation though. We can only go upon the facts. The GW has always been the forerunner and the only thing MT has on it is the save cheating function (which is very unstable -- the MT team even said so). But I've seen this game every generation. There is a good chance a new cart will come along and shake things up.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is speculation about who is stealing code/hardware and if there are connections between the teams. It is all speculation though. We can only go upon the facts. The GW has always been the forerunner and the only thing MT has on it is the save cheating function (which is very unstable -- the MT team even said so). But I've seen this game every generation. There is a good chance a new cart will come along and shake things up.

It's not speculation, in MT-cards latest video, their launcher said GW3D in the system menu, an obvious fuck up on their part. 24 hours later they replaced the video. Everyone knew mt was stealing from GW.

Reactions: gamesquest1

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant that it is unknown if the code was stolen, leaked to them , or if they are affiliated with GW (which has been seen before in the DS/I era of flash carts). It has been known since the start that other carts were using GW code.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! newbie here, wanted to buy a flashcard for my 3ds, more exactly, this one: https://www.wish.com/c/58f0495eabbff5568eba14ae

it's recommended? will it brick my 3ds if i do things wrong? (i'm on latest firmware as of 27/06/2017 which is 11.4.0)
This is a 4 year old thread that's been "on hiatus" since September 2014. This thread is extremely outdated.

Also, that flashcard you linked to is for DS games, not 3DS games, just so you know. Check the more recent 3DS threads for recent information.

Reactions: Pablitox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water