Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But will it brick my console / prevent the eShop / do nefarious stuff?

The $50+ tag doesn't seem worth the hope that it might play regular 3DS games with current firmware in the future.
don't buy a 3ds flashcard if your not on 4.x for possible future developments, just buy a NDS flashcard like the DSTwo.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably are wanting to try to wait until 7.2 emunand is working which may be months away. Hopefully in the meantime they will release an update to fix freezing. :unsure:

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's an unknown at this point. ;) Too much of a crystal ball type of question.

They probably are wanting to try to wait until 7.2 emunand is working which may be months away. Hopefully in the meantime they will release an update to fix freezing. :unsure:

I think they will communicate something within this week, at least I hope so...

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
This may have been asked before, but does the MT-Cart work on 2ds as well? What firmware did the original 2DS come with?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been asked before, but does the MT-Cart work on 2ds as well? What firmware did the original 2DS come with?
It'll work for DS games, but not 3DS games. The 2DS came out with either 5.x or 6.x. Don't remember exactly, but it's greater than 4.5, so no luck there.

Reactions: jayjay123

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
It'll work for DS games, but not 3DS games. The 2DS came out with either 5.x or 6.x. Don't remember exactly, but it's greater than 4.5, so no luck there.

Gotcha.... thanks!
I managed to pick up a blue 3DS with 4.4 on it so I'm using it now - the MT-Card is fantastic. Multiple games on a 32Gb card at the moment and other than having to reboot to play another game, it's great. Is there any way I can guarantee that my kids don't accidentally upgrade firmware (while still connecting to the web)? The MT software has a nand backup option but I'm sure I can't access it if I upgrade the firmware accidentally.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you can't prevent others' naive updates on 4.x onward without hindering your own activity. I was even contemplating a hidden switch mod to use in conjunction with the wifi switch to make sure mine doesn't get updated by anyone. This happened to my CFW PS3 a couple years ago -- long story, short: I still don't have a PS3. :angry:

dartuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I actually have a r4i deluxe and buy a gateway.
Do I need to do something to put the gateway? clean nand or something?
Thanks. :)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand your question but all you need is in the 2.2 Omega archive. Use it just like you do with the r4i. When you get to the point of tapping DS profile then hold L. This will boot to the GW menu. From there you can create the emuNAND. Make sure you have 1GB free on the 3DS SD card and back it up before just in case there is corruption that occurs.

dartuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So when i get the gateway i just do the exploit no need to do something to clean my DS before?

crisshinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for doing this question here, but i dont want to open a new tread just for this, here is my question:
I have a 7x 3ds and i hear about the new gateway launch, and i dont have clear this, is a new hadware launch or a software update for the gateway.
So Can i buy a gateway now, or i have to wait for the launch?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All 3ds flashcards need a 4.x 3ds, the new firmware coming out is just to fix compatibility with newer games, but still only for 4.x consoles......a few Chinese resellers have got the wrong end of the stick and are now claiming the update will work for 7.x.......but this is not true

crisshinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
All 3ds flashcards need a 4.x 3ds, the new firmware coming out is just to fix compatibility with newer games, but still only for 4.x consoles......a few Chinese resellers have got the wrong end of the stick and are now claiming the update will work for 7.x.......but this is not true
Thank You, im really happy for know this now, you saved me!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank You, im really happy for know this now, you saved me!
No problem, as always I suggest people only buy stuff based on what is actually releasesd......not promised, even.if gateway said "we are working on adding 7.x compatibility" you should still not buy it until it's actually done and confirmed working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over