Hardware Common problems with Vita?

chairsgotoschool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I can get a pretty good deal on the vita, $188 for a 3g/wifi walking dead bundle with 4gb memory card, a case/stand thing, and a choice of 1 game. (most likely I'll get little big planet)

Before I get it I was wondering if there are any problems I should keep a look out for. Something like the 3ds (and ds lite, dsi/xl and 3dsxl) shoulder buttons going out. slots, ports, cables, buttons breaking, high chance of battery failure, data corruption stuff like that. I know every system is going to have those problems but does the vita get one more frequent than it should?

I'm kind of on the fence about buying it, I do want one but it is a lot of money and I was thinking it might be worth it to wait for a new model (though I'm not interested in the slim one because I love the OLED screen, unless it's cheaper but it doesn't sound like it would be)

Lastly, off topic but I haven't followed vita much and looking at articles and videos everyone just posts the same stuff. what games (preferable lesser known games, not borderlands 2 or minecraft kind of stuff) do you love and/or are looking forward too. I heard binding of issac was coming to vita which would be awesome.

Thanks!

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That really is a good deal! I higly recommend that you also get PS+. Try it out for three months, so you really get a good idea of how and what it is. The games I bought when I got my PS Vita where Disgaea 3 and Persona 4: Golden.
I also got myself the 8GB MegaPack, which has quite some games, and also comes with an 8GB memory card. I got mine for €16, while it normally is around €39,99. So get that too if it's available in your country. With the megapack and PS+ you'll definitely be ready for a while.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware wise, i dont really know of any real problems, but you will run out of room on your 4 gig card pretty quick. If you are ok with swapping games on and off as you get them, no biggie, but to have your collection (especially with PS+) you will be needing another propitiatory memory card.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mura effect is the most common problem I can think of.
The rear touchpad is also very easy to scratch. Not much else I can think of.
Looking forward to trying out many games this year for Vita. Dangan Ronpa is currently on the top of my "Must get" list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.