Hacking *Coming Soon* [Guide] Community noob guide to Switch hacking

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Still waiting for some switch news for noobs. Not much yet other than announcements and promises

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
just pointing out that gbatemp is getting littered with people creating threads in the hope to get some behind the scene information, when nothing has been released.

these threads are as much use as creating a PS5 N00b hacking guide.
Alright, he didn't argue with you, is being absolutely positive through all this, even took action upon himself to appease you (which he didn't even have to do in the first place), and has even asked your opinion on how to work together to make this great in the first place. Even after insulting him, despite him making positive contributions in his past experience, you're now ignoring his question.

If you're not interested at all, he's being super about the whole thing, so the absolutely tiniest ounce of respect a human can muster, at least, could be followed through with two words: "No thanks."

Please feel free to pass by this message if you are a robot or AI.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2-20-18

Homebrew guide!
Taken from https://switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/

1. Download latest nx-hbmenu.
  2. Put the hbmenu.nro on the root of your sdcard.
  3. Insert the sdcard into the device.
  4. Set your Switch DNS server to 104.236.106.125, and perform a connection test.
  5. Click "Install".
    If you see 2000-1337 on your screen it means installation succeeded.
  6. Restart the device, and perform a new connection test.
  7. Click "Run".
    The exploit is finished when there's a popup asking you to exit.
  8. Go to the home menu and click the Album icon

2-1-18

Things are heating up. No content yet. Just reserving the title.

I'm already working on content.

This thread will serve as a "community guide" meaning that it will have as many approved contributers as want to participate.

Just like the Wii U noob community guide it will be updated frequently to stay current and concise. There will inevitably be many incorrect guides and YouTube videos sending countless misinformed users flocking to gbatemp asking for help. Let's make a kick ass noob guide together to keep it all straight.

Let the fun begin ...
Thanks for the guide yours don't create people with no clue what they are doing unlike plailects

Foundforgood89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question: I am having trouble getting the error after connecting to the network. What's strange is it works fine (gives me the error) when I use my phone to make a tethered network, but connenects normally (with no error) on my home network. Is there some router settings I should check? Both networks were tested using the same DNS settings

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2-20-18

Homebrew guide!

4. Set your Switch DNS server to 104.236.106.125, and perform a connection test.
  5. Click "Install".
  7. Click "Run".

2-1-18

What firmware versions will above work, what exploits are available to different versions? How to prevent updates?

This thread will serve as a "community guide" meaning that it will have as many approved contributers as want to participate.

Just like the Wii U noob community guide it will be updated frequently to stay current and concise. There will inevitably be many incorrect guides and YouTube videos sending countless misinformed users flocking to gbatemp asking for help. Let's make a kick ass noob guide together to keep it all straight.

Let the fun begin ...
2-20-18

Homebrew guide!

5. Click "Install".
  7. Click "Run".

2-1-18

Let the fun begin ...

What firmware versions will above work, what exploits are available to different versions. How to prevent updates.
How to install AppstoreNX

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware versions will above work, what exploits are available to different versions. How to prevent updates.

"... for Switch, version 3.0.0"

Because you know... Even thou 2.x and 3 are interchangeable nobody wants to code for 2.x... oh well... A few more months to go.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew works only on 3.0.0 right now. Cfw will be released on all firmwares in the summer, but will be harder to install on 5.x.x. there's a guide on switch.cfw.guide that will tell you how to block updates

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know yet. My switch is 4.1.0. That information was added by @epickid37
I'm on 5.0.1. I accidentally updated my switch :cry:

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great! This way we sure gonna go through the proccess the right way instead of
Okay, I get it you guys are hilarious. The joke is over. No need to keep "reserving" posts. I just wanted to create a space for real contributers to build an awesome guide before 50 other guides all pop up. Instead of having multiple guides it's better to have one single community guide that gets updated frequently by multiple users. Just like the Wii U guide.

If you re willing to give it up just because of anbunch of haters you should not even have started making this post. It doesnt matter what you do, you cannot make everone happy buddy. So enough with this bull**** and keep the good work up and f*** off the haters. There are so many people out there who needs this post, keep it up.

Last edited by Hondyn,

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! This way we sure gonna go through the proccess the right way instead of

If you re willing to give it up just because of anbunch of haters you should not even have started making this post. It doesnt matter what you do, you cannot make everone happy buddy. So enough with this bull**** and keep the good work up and f*** off the haters. There are so many people out there who needs this post, keep it up.
I haven't given up. I just don't have an exploitable switch yet so as soon as an exploit for 4.1 comes out I can start playing with homebrew and then work on this some more

Reactions: tri_fin

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, and I apologize if this shouldn't be asked here, but what are the chances of a backup loader being released after cfw in the summer? And have there been any talk/news about one? Also was wondering with cfw, will you be able to update games with the firmware you're currently on, without having to update the system?

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, and I apologize if this shouldn't be asked here, but what are the chances of a backup loader being released after cfw in the summer? And have there been any talk/news about one? Also was wondering with cfw, will you be able to update games with the firmware you're currently on, without having to update the system?
No body really knows what is going to be released. There's nothing right now and no CFW released so how could we possibly know what's to come? It's all speculation right now

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If a cfw really does get released this summer, I'd be surprised if we don't get some kind of backup loader by the end of the year, especially if everything is open source. The BBB dumps are already available, it will just be a matter of matching the puzzle pieces together. And emunand (if released) should take care of any updates issues.

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a cfw really does get released this summer, I'd be surprised if we don't get some kind of backup loader by the end of the year, especially if everything is open source. The BBB dumps are already available, it will just be a matter of matching the puzzle pieces together. And emunand (if released) should take care of any updates issues.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Like you said, seeing as the dumps are already available, I figured it would just be a matter of time. Also good to know that it'll take care of game updates.

I also found a 1.0 on Craigslist and I'm curious if I should get rid of my 4.1 for it? Any REAL advantages of having one over the other? Besides some minor hardware mods that were spoken of? If all firmware are getting the same exact thing, I don't mind keeping my 4.1 and waiting it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.