The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Another thing, what the fuck was up with Amazing Spider-Man and the whole "he did reveal himself in Civil War but erm nobody saw who was under the mask, even though his fucking enemies did and went after Aunt May & Mary Jane and all that shit." That was annoying.

They always fuck with Spider-Man's family ... it's too much of a Marvel tradition
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Hadrian said:
Another thing, what the fuck was up with Amazing Spider-Man and the whole "he did reveal himself in Civil War but erm nobody saw who was under the mask, even though his fucking enemies did and went after Aunt May & Mary Jane and all that shit." That was annoying.
No, that's incorrect. Everything that happened in continuity happened. What happened at the end of One More Day was a memory erasing. Everyone simply forgot his identity. Everything that happened with Aunt May and Mary Jane still happened (except he and MJ were longterm dating instead of married in their memories).
Ah ok, I sort of left it just after Civil War and then picked up at Brand New Day.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else liking Batman treating Robin like shit in "Allstar Batman & Robin"?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Hadrian said:

They always fuck with Spider-Man's family ... it's too much of a Marvel tradition
frown.gif
I honestly don't mind because this opens up more story possibilities. If Peter hooks up with another girl while he's married, he's a huge asshole. However if they "take a break" while *dating* it's alright. Besides, Marvel has already stated that they'll be dating again at some point. They don't have a problem with them being together, they just have a problem with him being married limiting their story options.

My only really problem was the end of One More Day was the fact that they made Aunt May forget his identity. To me, that was the best development in Spidey... ever. However, my problem with it was really that pre-JMS' run she was a feeble useless old bag. Whereas after his run she was a strong and confident person. When I saw in BND that that hadn't changed with the memory erasing, I was fine with it.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I used to be a big comic collector in the '80s (before most of you guy were born), started with X-men and Daredevil then got into Alan Moore's stuff. He ruined superhero comics for me (other writers were just so dismal) so I started getting into alternative comics like Love and Rockets, Acme Library, Eightball and Hate. Today's comics, thankfully, seem to have a much greater emphasis on writing so I started reading superhero comics again like The Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-man and also stuff like Preacher.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:

There's too many ex-Robins lol

And that thing with Robin & Spoiler ... too many "back from the dead" storylines ...

Posts merged

This is approximately my 30th year of reading comics ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
It's entertaining, but I wouldn't say I "like" it. I could go either way.

To be honest I haven't kept up with DC. Their Crisis BS angers me to no end. It's all one big excuse to erase history over and over (a retcon is one thing; even memory erasing is acceptable, but making 30 years of continuity disappear is not). When they canceled my favorite series (Gotham Central) I gave up on them. I'll return when, and only when this Crisis BS is done.

And yes, All-Star Batman and Robin may be in another continuity, but my opinion of DC has been soured.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
To be honest I haven't kept up with DC. Their Crisis BS angers me to no end. It's all one big excuse to erase history over and over (a retcon is one thing; even memory erasing is acceptable, but making 30 years of continuity disappear is not). When they canceled my favorite series (Gotham Central) I gave up on them. I'll return when, and only when this Crisis BS is done.

Well, you're in luck, because Grant Morrison is bringing back the DC multiverse. So that means all that stuff that got erased still exists... just in another dimension.
dry.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Gotham Central was awesome ... and I am loving Simon Dark, too ...
Do you know why it was awesome? Ed Brubaker. That man can turn any book into solid gold. I didn't care for Cap or Iron Fist before he wrote them, now? Two of my favorite books.

I haven't read Simon Dark, but then again, I'm not following DC right now. Except for Vertigo, of course. I mean Fables? That's a must for any comic fan. I whole-heartedly agree when they call it one of the best comics on the market.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DC obviously invested heavily in fail, recently
frown.gif

How many 52s did we need ?
tongue.gif

I quite liked that Redemption series ... ya know, where Amanda Waller sent all the villains to another world, that turned out to be Darkseid's training facility ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
matriculated said:
QUOTE said:

Well, you're in luck, because Grant Morrison is bringing back the DC multiverse. So that means all that stuff that got erased still exists... just in another dimension.
dry.gif
Bah, don't even get me started on Grant Morrison's DC work. Batman's evil son Damien is going to replace Batman after Grant kills and/or retires him in an upcoming storyline. First of all Damien should never be Batman, Damien shouldn't even exist. Evil long-lost sons are such a cliche. Anyways... Dick should be Batman. It should go in shifts. Dick becomes Batman, Tim becomes Nightwing, a new character becomes Robin, etc etc.

As for Batman possibly retiring? Never happen. The mission is his life. There is no Bruce Wayne, that's a false identity used by Batman to fit in. Batman will die unhappy and alone, having fought the good fight his entire life. Much like how Batman Beyond portrayed Bruce. He fought until he couldn't fight and longer then became bitter and sheltered until he brought a new youngin under his wing to keep the mission going. Plus, killing him and replacing him is just retaliation for Marvel's recent Cap storyline.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
There is no Bruce Wayne, that's a false identity used by Batman to fit in.

That was stressed very heavily in the most recent issue of Detective Comics, when Bruce is on a date, and it's all going through his head ... then terrorists attacks, and Bruce thinks Fuck It, and takes 'em all out, even though it means his date figures out that he's Bat-Man.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
DC obviously invested heavily in fail, recently
frown.gif

How many 52s did we need ?
tongue.gif

I quite liked that Redemption series ... ya know, where Amanda Waller sent all the villains to another world, that turned out to be Darkseid's training facility ...
That's one of my problems with DC right now. Outside of the never-ending Crisis events the writing is just poor. It harkens too far back to the Silver age when corny was acceptable. Now? It's not. The biggest problem though is that the first recent Crisis was supposed to fix continuity. Instead it's an even more jumbled mess than before.

QUOTE(xalphax @ Apr 29 2008, 06:36 PM) y - the last man

i

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only the fact that they can't seem to just make comic book movies for the fans ... they insist on catering for the mass market, despite testing showing that even if only the fans came to see the film, they'd still make a fortune in merchanidsing ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Only the fact that they can't seem to just make comic book movies for the fans ... they insist on catering for the mass market, despite testing showing that even if only the fans came to see the film, they'd still make a fortune in merchanidsing ...
Well I don't know about that, I've liked most of the films (some I loved, others not as much).

I have a topic though: Certain comics are made by their creative teams, certain characters as well. Should we the fans leave with the teams that made us love the book? I'm speaking, specifically, about the Immortal Iron Fist. Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker took a 70s C-list reject and made his book one of the best on the market. Now word comes down the pipeline that they're leaving the book and although I'm open to the idea of a new writer doing a good job... I can't help but know in my heart of hearts that I don't like Iron Fist; I like Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker on Iron Fist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.