Hacking Coder searching incompatible games to fix them

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want a complete list of which games are not playable at the moment. I want to improve the loaders, but without even the information which games do not work, i can't even start to do anything.

Results so far:

Punch Out NTSC and PAL on JAPANESE Wiis(or Wiis with japanese system menu?):
does not work at all

Takt of Magic:
Maybe works with IOS Version patching or cioscorp when burned(needs testing). Unpatched and without cioscorp it does not work.
Does not work on usb

Burger island:
Works with IOS Version patching or cioscorp when burned. Needs confirmation if that's really required.
Does not work on usb

General rules for compatibility for disc and usb loading:

Game xy does not work on NeoGamma/SofChip ==> Game xy has no chance to work on the usb loaders
Game xy does not work on the usb loaders ==> Game xy could work on NeoGamma/SoftChip, but does not have to
Game xy works in NeoGamma/SoftChip ==> Game xy could work on the usb loaders, but does not have to
Game xy works in the usb loaders ==> Gamy xy works in NeoGamma/SoftChip too
(if you find a game for which these rules are wrong, post here)

Incompatible games for NeoGamma/SoftChip:

- none(?)
- if you have problems getting a game to work, look first at my compatibilty guide and see if the game is listed. If yes, follow the instructions on how to get it to work:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

- black&white, red/black and/or scrolling screen video playback count as working, it's an import game problem, not a compatibily problem!
- problems with games working sometimes and sometimes not are releated to the media or the drive
- if you have problems and the game is not listed in my guide, post here with ALL information you can:
1. Wii region
2. Game region
3. Used loader
4. Used cIOS
5. Tried video mode options
6. Tried language options
7. Cioscorp installed?(important)
8. Game patched to use IOS249?
9. Brickcrap used? (not recommend/never required)
10. Crappy region patch used? (not recommend/only required to fix color issues, does not increase compatiblity of import games)
11. Backed up yourself?
12. How far do you get?
13. What's the issue exactly?

- Punout NTSC and PAL do not work an japaneses Wiis

Incompatible games for usb loaders:

- Everything related to other usb devices than the HDD, like lan adapter, mircophones, instruments... Some of these devices or all can be used when using Hermes' cIOS(IOS222, but not the one from Kwiirk) and a matching loader.
- All games that require to be patched to use IOS249(or as alternative having cioscorp installed), look here for the actual list:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
- some games require you to insert a disc, try that first. If your dvd drive is broken this means >50% of the games are not playable for you using the regular usb loaders.
- A freeze in the middle of the game out of nowhere is mostly related to a HDD/Enclosure issue
- problems with games working sometimes and sometimes not are HDD/Enclosure issues
- Before posting problems with a game, get to know if the game does work on NeoGamma/SoftChip, if not, see the general rules.

Questions @ people who know what they are doing(if noobs try to answer these, i will get anygy):

I. What's with this monster hunter game? What's the correct name of it? Does it require cioscorp or only to be patched to IOS249?

II. Are any cIOS/usb loader combinations able to play the games that need a disc in the drive without a disc in the drive/with a dead drive?

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
I. What's with this monster hunter game? What's the correct name of it? Does it require cioscorp or only to be patched to IOS249?
monster hunter 3 is the correct name, but for now it's only demo no ? or at least jap

QUOTEII. Does Punchout cause ANY trouble getting it to work? I see many topics about it, but also many people seemingly not having any problem with it.(same situation as Deadly Creatures and Madworld, which both cause absolutely no trouble)
played for hours with punchout + usbloader and nothing to say about crashes or anything

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering...

Wouldn't it be possible to use Ocarina to "patch" the games that require a disc to be inserted? Has anyone tried?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
II. Does Punchout cause ANY trouble getting it to work? I see many topics about it, but also many people seemingly not having any problem with it.(same situation as Deadly Creatures and Madworld, which both cause absolutely no trouble)

I can say the NTSC/USA release (on a USA Wii) works fine with USB Loader GX. No problems whatsoever.

chunan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiPower said:
II. Does Punchout cause ANY trouble getting it to work? I see many topics about it, but also many people seemingly not having any problem with it.(same situation as Deadly Creatures and Madworld, which both cause absolutely no trouble)

NTSC-U/PAL release on a JAP Wii get black screen with USB Loader GX.

TheBuzzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you try to boot it more than once.

I realized sometimes usb loader doesnt load but once try again it loads fine.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TheBuzzer said:
make sure you try to boot it more than once.

I realized sometimes usb loader doesnt load but once try again it loads fine.

Do you have japanese wii too? If not, you don't know the issue. And if not, issues like "sometimes usb loader won't start the game" are related to the HDD/Enclosure.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiimano said:
burger island for ntsc doesn't work using usb loader

What happens with a burned disc?(super important)

1. Wii region?
2. Game region?
3. Used loader?
4. Used cIOS?
5. Tried video mode options?
6. Tried language options?
7. Cioscorp installed?(important)
8. Game patched to use IOS249?
10. Crappy region patch used? (not recommend/only required to fix color issues, does not increase compatiblity of import games)
11. Backed up yourself?
12. How far do you get?
13. What's the issue exactly?

Answer all question or don't bother, sorry, but nobody has the time to ask 10 times forth and back.

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Red Steel, won`t work on usb loader. it boots to the nintendo screen and after that automagically reboots the wii.

work perfectly when played from burned dvd-r disk.

1. Wii region? PAL
2. Game region? PAL
3. Used loader? Coverflow / usbloader gx / waninkoko`s 1.5
4. Used cIOS? 249
5. Tried video mode options? yes
6. Tried language options? yes
7. Cioscorp installed?(important) yes
8. Game patched to use IOS249? ...mmmm...yes!
9. Brickcrap used? (not recommend/never required) no
10. Crappy region patch used? (not recommend/only required to fix color issues, does not increase compatiblity of import games) no
11. Backed up yourself? nope.
12. How far do you get? to the nintendo screen, after that automatic boot.
13. What's the issue exactly? it wont go further than the nintendo screen when trying to load from usb loader.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JussiPik said:
Red Steel, won`t work on usb loader. it boots to the nintendo screen and after that automagically reboots the wii.

As stated in my post. IOS reloading games don't work in the usb loader.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
wiimano said:
burger island for ntsc doesn't work using usb loader

What happens with a burned disc?(super important)

1. Wii region? NTSC-U
2. Game region? NTSC-U
3. Used loader? USB Loader GX, Ultimate USB Loader
4. Used cIOS? Patched to 249, works in backup loader (002 fix)
5. Tried video mode options? None, I will try this out
6. Tried language options? Default, English
7. Cioscorp installed?(important) Yes
8. Game patched to use IOS249? Yes
10. Crappy region patch used? (not recommend/only required to fix color issues, does not increase compatiblity of import games) None
11. Backed up yourself? Downloaded, scrubbed version, burned to disc, loads in backup loader
12. How far do you get? Nowhere, freezes right when I start it up
13. What's the issue exactly? Freeze before the wii warning screens

Answer all question or don't bother, sorry, but nobody has the time to ask 10 times forth and back.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, ok, the problem could be that the game loads its IOS itsef. That's difficult to test when cioscorp is installed. And you would need a unpatched disc to test this. Did you read somewhere that the game needs to be patched or needs cioscorp?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiimano said:
i have tried it on another wii without cioscorp installed, and it still freezes in usb loader

Having cioscorp installed has no influence on usb loaders. The question is: Does the UNPATCHED DISC work in a Wii WITHOUT cioscorp? If not ==> won't work on usb loaders.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unpatched disc? its patched to ios 249, I don't know the original burger island ios, how do I find that out? it works without cioscorp though, just not on usb loader

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiimano said:
unpatched disc? its patched to ios 249, I don't know the original burger island ios, how do I find that out? it works without cioscorp though, just not on usb loader

Well cioscorp has the same effect as patching to IOS249 on the games that load their IOS themselves. If you only have the patched .iso on your HDD, and really want to test this out:
patch it to IOS36
burn it
test it on Wii that can NOT read backups with SoftChip set to IOS36(this is a way to verify that the IOS36 replacement from cioscorp is readlly not installed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.