Cluster releases Hakchi2 v.2.20, adding support for SNES Classic.

snes-classic.jpg

It's been a while since we've seen a release from Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin, and this new version of hakchi2 is surely not going to disappoint. The release number is v.2.20, and it adds SNES Classic support (!!!), 7zip compression support, among other huge things. Many GBAtemp users have seen massive success with this new release, and as much as I'd like to try it, I don't have an SNES Classic, so it's up to you to try it out.

:download: SOURCE: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.20

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone here got Street Fighter Alpha 2 running on the SNESC? I read you have to apply the "S-DD1 patch" but can not figure out where to find this...

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OH great, I asked the supermarket to sell mine to someone else. -_- (I thought it wouldn't be possible after all)

Still, the other reason of my cancellation was that it actually looks not really good (euphemism) on a flat computer monitor and there is no way to plug it on a regular cathodic screen.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Anyone here got Street Fighter Alpha 2 running on the SNESC? I read you have to apply the "S-DD1 patch" but can not figure out where to find this...

Works here for me. Tested it out this morning. Just uploaded rom. Not sure if it had to be patch or not. Didn't pay attention but runs with snes borders too.

Mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Hakchi 2.21c has this feature
  • Scripts autoupdate, so you don't need to reflash custrom kernel after every update.
Does anyone know how this will work?

nick10101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if these games work, or ever will with updates to hakchi.

Illusion of gaia
secret of evermore
star ocean
tales of phantasia
treasures of rudras
bahamut lagoon
romancing saga 3
thanks

ps. sorry if this has been asked before, i know star ocean will not work, but was wondering if updates to hakchi will fix this?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if these games work, or ever will with updates to hakchi.

Illusion of gaia
secret of evermore
star ocean
tales of phantasia
treasures of rudras
bahamut lagoon
romancing saga 3
thanks

ps. sorry if this has been asked before, i know star ocean will not work, but was wondering if updates to hakchi will fix this?

Romancing Saga, Treasure of the Rudras and Bahamut Lagoon all run fine*
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8t2aV5cVswYlnsdKxn9xoIW2Y/edit#gid=2014317767

Only thing is two of three games use pseudo hi-res for text, and may look a bit blurry, but it's nonissue.

nick10101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks randomizer.

Do the other run fine with retroarch 1.0?
aka.
Illusion of gaia
secret of evermore
star ocean
tales of phantasia

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have asked this before here an no reply, does anyone know why i cant upload the games through parralells but can dump an flash the firmware at all?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
So there's a newer hakchi2.21D out. I have 2.21C so how does it auto update? I'm a bit confused ‍♀️

nick10101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. one last question regarding retroarch.

If doing this, will the settings in the snes still allow me to switch aspect ratios? Like full screen, 4:3 and pixel perfect. thanks

LordVash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i'm using the 2.20 what should i do for using a newer version? Kernel --> Uninstall?
In that case i will lose all the games that i've already put inside the SNES MINI? (i'm using the zip version not the web one)
Thanks in advance

CaptainZef

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know why it's spitting out a c7 error with an english patched ROM even though i'm using retroarch? other english patched roms work too, so i'm extra confused

spyder918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also trying to figure out a way to hook it up to my 25" monitor while outputting sound to speakers. It's proving to be complicated lol.[/QUOTE said:
So hilarious man..I was just thinking about how to do this too..seems a lot harder than I initially thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: