Cluster releases Hakchi2 v.2.20, adding support for SNES Classic.

snes-classic.jpg

It's been a while since we've seen a release from Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin, and this new version of hakchi2 is surely not going to disappoint. The release number is v.2.20, and it adds SNES Classic support (!!!), 7zip compression support, among other huge things. Many GBAtemp users have seen massive success with this new release, and as much as I'd like to try it, I don't have an SNES Classic, so it's up to you to try it out.

:download: SOURCE: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.20

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I don't know, maybe because this is legally sanctioned emulation, for one, and it feels more authentic? No need to buy a case, no need to buy anything extra, no SD card, PSU, heatsink, installing software, no frills. Heaven forbid people want to get this :rolleyes: People suggesting getting a RP3 is becoming anathema.:ninja: Lol. Sorry, but when you take into account the PCB, SD card, case, PSU, heatsink, controller/adapter, the price is exactly the same as the Snes Classic, so....yeah. To each their own, I guess.

Can you even hook up a SNES controller to the RP3?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO i wonder if star ocean works? I bet the Uncompressed 12 megabyte version does. I used that version to make a reproduction cart...

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't, it's been tested says so on the compatibility list. The game uses Ex HiROM, and that ROM type won't work.
I see was not aware there was a list yet. i see Tales of Phantasia is not working as well aint that one a Ex HiROM as well being 6megs? And also I see Rock N Roll racing dont work well either. Alot of games work tho....

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see was not aware there was a list yet. i see Tales of Phantasia is not working as well aint that one a Ex HiROM as well being 6megs? And also I see Rock N Roll racing dont work well either. Alot of games work tho....

Yeah, the emulator has pretty high compat, all things considered.

Also trying to figure out a way to hook it up to my 25" monitor while outputting sound to speakers. It's proving to be complicated lol.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow SNES Mini scalpers are now selling their shitstock with 200+ roms added. They're desperate to get rid of them.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A farmers market near me, had 10 of the snes minis in stock (in there video store) for 150.00 plus tax. My brothers' friend bought 3 of them from there. He did over hear they (the store) had preordered multiples from the two local gamestops, scoring half the preorders from each location. That's is sooo unfair n bull shity.

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
any idea why i can dump an flash kernel on parallels on mac but can't put games on at all?

really don't know why, any help will be much appreciated
thanks

captaineos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you to Cluster for quickly updating Hakchi with custom options for the video filters. I am happy to see the readme has three options!

@Cluster Is it possible to have No Bilinear and No 4:3 stretch? This allows me to keep the integer scale but turn on scan lines

captaineos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Solved my question by using the amazing FTP server and going through folders.
Save state were retained after re-adding my lost games.

I rushed to try the --no-smooth and yes it works beautifully. Just needs an extra option to turn off the 4:3 stretch and I can die a happy man. Thanks again to this wonderful tool.

Can I clarify the only way to add the custom filter command line to original games is to untick it from the original list and sync your own ROM?

Last edited by captaineos,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

Nico87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, the emulator has pretty high compat, all things considered.

Also trying to figure out a way to hook it up to my 25" monitor while outputting sound to speakers. It's proving to be complicated lol.

How so? My plan is to hook it up to a Dell UltraSharp U2414H which has an audio line out for my Logitech Z200. Gonna use my headphones from the speakers I think. That's not working for you?

Last edited by Nico87,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? My plan is to hook it up to a Dell UltraSharp U2414H which has an audio line out for my Logitech Z200. Gonna use my headphones from the speakers I think. That's not working for you?

I made a thread, it's an HP Omen 25" LED monitor, 3.5 mm audio out, the manual says nothing on how to use it. I wanted to hook my Snes Classic via HDMI, but I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Dunno, I stay in the EoF.