• Views 7,700
  • Replies 48

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
trumpet-205 said:
The start and select buttons are too flat IMO.

You want the device to close properly, dont ya?
tongue.gif

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why does the bottom half's shell have such a massive gap between the casing? It's not flush at all. It looks like two consoles on top of each other. I hope it looks better in person.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
MADKATZ99 said:
Why does the bottom half's shell have such a massive gap between the casing? It's not flush at all. It looks like two consoles on top of each other. I hope it looks better in person.
Well that's the thing that bothers me the most.It's like a sandwich which for me,really really sucks,tbh.They could just use another design but please not that one.(It looks like a transformer)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks sexy.
The headphone jack is perfectly fine, I prefer it to be in the middle rather than at the corner.
I don't like the Home etc buttons cos they'll be in the way, I don't like the power button too, switch back to the DS Lite's please Nintendo.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i actually like the style of the 3ds, sure it may not be the sleekest of hand helds (especially compared to DSi) but it looks well functional and cool!

the only thing i'm hoping for is a better d-pad than the small thin d-pad of DSi! why do i want a better d-pad when there's a new analog slider? cause i don't like analogs for my Side Scrollers (although on games like contra it's a different story)

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like it so far, but the headphone jack coming from the bottom of the unit doesn't go well with me playing the DS while resting it on my chest when laying down....
Also I never had a problem with the power button on the DSiXL, in fact I never accidentally went even close to it while playing.
On the other end, when I play the DSL or the GBASP I always get confused with the volume slider when looking for the power button......those geniuses at Nintendo must have taped and observed people of all ages playing their handhelds and noticed that people have a hard time looking for the power button.
Also the power button on the DSL is the first thing that broke on my last DSL ( a lot of people actually had to resolder a replacement button in, proof that the DSi design is much better, it even doubles up as a reset button ).
Also the volume slider is inferior to the buttons on the DSi/XL.
In fact after intensive use the slider is bound to get looser and also with dust it looses sensitivity, plus it's always tough to find the right amount of loudness on the DSL, while on the DSi it's much more accurate and durable because it uses digital buttons.
The glossy finish is cool, but I'm sure we will see lots of revisions/different color editions with and without the glossy factor.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
mangaTom said:
MADKATZ99 said:
Well that's the thing that bothers me the most.It's like a sandwich which for me,really really sucks,tbh.They could just use another design but please not that one.(It looks like a transformer)
I like the sandwitch style.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I like the sandwitch style.

Don't you just wanna eat it up? It's got 100% Daily Value of Vitamin 3D.

In other news, I didn't mind the headphone jack being in the middle of the console, until Arm37 mentioned resting the device on his chest. Then I was like "Gaww crap, I do that too."

QUOTE( @ Aug 19 2010, 02:56 PM) It's almost perfect but it really needs some ironing, lots of kinks there, the hinge looks plain bad for a 2010 device, they could at least round that.

Agreed. The edges of the hinge seem to be shaped like crystals or something. Where'd they get that idea?
blink.gif

Ah well. It's still a pre-release model, after all.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come on ever ds, the start and select buttons are completely garbage? It looks like it'll be a pain to hit those... again... lol. And I thought DSL was bad. xD

But it looks cool. I'll wait to get one until reliable flash carts are made.
biggrin.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
patevo said:
I thought the headphone jack was in an awkward place too but then I realized that they put it there so it won't get in the way of your hands when holding it.
Indeed. When you're using the Three D's, you'll have to have it out from your body, so it won't really be getting tangled in your shirt or poking a hole in your chest.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
*Snip*

This go here right?
tongue.gif

That girls voice in the video is SOOO annoying.

foob said:
QUOTE(geoflcl @ Aug 21 2010, 03:01 PM) Ah well. It's still a pre-release model, after all.

Nintendo have announced the design you see there is the design they will release, though
smile.gif
They said you could take it as the final shape. That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to look exactly the same when it's released.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
*Snip*

That girls voice in the video is SOOO annoying.
Yeah it's annoying, but somewhere out there, there's a guy that's willing to put up with her bullshit. You can imagine what he's like. To get a girl like that (as if you'd want a girl like that) you'd probably have to earn a good income, fake-tan on a weekly basis, live in the city, and be a complete fucking TOOL. After this achievement, you can look forward to your next fake relationship. Personally, the VOICE alone makes me want to murder someone, but she is kinda cute. The 3DS is also cool, but this girl probably won't remember what videogames are after the event. What is this topic about again?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
jakeyjake said:
how come on ever ds, the start and select buttons are completely garbage? It looks like it'll be a pain to hit those... again... lol. And I thought DSL was bad. xD

But it looks cool. I'll wait to get one until reliable flash carts are made.
biggrin.gif
They're supposed to be out of the way. What console has the start button with the rest of the buttons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass