*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

bittboy1.png

NOW CLOSED!

To celebrate this years Black Friday , GBAtemp have partnered with BittBoy.com to give our members a chance to win 1 of 2 BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds.

Sporting a Famicom-style design, a pocket friendly size and bright IPS screen; the BittBoy FC Mini is a great way to experience the 300 classic NES games that are built right in. The BittBoy also features a rechargeable battery, TV output and evn turbo buttons for more convenience.

GBAtemp are giving away 2x White BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds - to enter just register for free at GBAtemp if you are not already a member and post in this topic telling us your favourite retro gaming memory (doesn't have to be GameBoy related and only needs to be a couple sentences or more) and a winner will be picked at random on Friday November 24th. Also remember to Like BittBoy on Facebook and Follow BittBoy on Twitter.

Full details can be found within this topic, so just enter the link below to get entered!

:arrow: Bittboy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

BittBoy.com are offering a 10% discount to all GBAtemp members for those that wish to place an order at BittBoy.com - simply enter code "bf10" at checkout to recieve a 10% discount on your order total.

Last edited by shaunj66,

europat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A funny memory I remember about retro game is Tetris Attack, on Super Nintendo. I used to play this game at one of my friends on a 14" black and white television, that was quite a challenge since relying to colors could help in this game, lol

Reactions: Subtle Demise

slick1109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I got my first Nintendo (NES) as a kid, I was so into playing Mario Brothers that I used to actually Jump up and down every time Mario jumped in the game. My father used to constantly make fun of me, lol.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember phoning around trying to locate an N64 for launch day in the UK, and for the life of me I couldn't get one as there was really no such thing as pre-orders.

Unknown to me, my Mum had called Toys R us during work and managed to get on a list for people who didn't turn up for theirs by mid-day or something.

Any way I was getting picked up from secondary school (all depressed that I knew I wasn't getting an upgrade from my trusty and now aged SNES) and as I got to the car I went to put my bag in the boot: low and behold she had selflessly taken some personal hours and gone and got me the console with Mario 64 (I had literally saved up for months to get the money ready for it, musing over the tech specs, and religiously reading ONM to get an idea of what I could be playing on this futuristic console).

Such a roller coaster of emotion: I will never forget that day.

That memory is ingrained on my heart, and is one of the reasons I still place the N64 as my favorite console of all time.

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
In the 80's was my favorite the C64.
But one day has my cousin tell his NES...
From this day was commodore just 2nd favorite.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is the Dreamcast retro enough? Anyway, I lived in a country where original Dreamcast games were rare. I found a seller of PSO version 1 and I loved it so much. People would often tell me the Dreamcast is dead but I just kept on playing since I finally had people to play with. I eventually kept on getting NOLed (character reset hacked) but I still kept on playing since I actually liked NOL's character class but eventually we lost Internet due to some weird arrangement and I had to stop playing online through 56K dialup. I found a lot of rare weapons... that my character couldn't use.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was really really hyped when Pokémon Stadium was announced for the west! My friends and I played Pokémon Red/Blue like maniacs and the simple idea of seeing our own Pokémon in full 3D graphics was mindblowing. I had the release day marked in my calendar and counted the days until I finally rode my bicycle to every single local video game shop, department store and electronics store I could think of. Without success, though, so I had to keep asking stores when to expect their delivery (I'm glad there's Amazon nowadays...) and was in luck a few days (or was it weeks? it felt like weeks...) later. A clerk mentioned that he wished they had the game since so many Pokémon fans were asking for it - an early example of Nintendo underproducing something with high demand.

So yeah, we played it like crazy and I really enjoyed challenging Pokémon battles for once (no online battles or post-game battling facilities back then) and I think we even spent more time on those mini games than on Mario Party. You could even play your Pokémon game on your TV, you could transfer your own teams... all that was just something very special back in the day.

One day my real-life rival and I had some kind of final and decisive battle to find out who's the better trainer. Everything including Mewtu was allowed (no duplicates, though). I knew he'd start into the battle choosing Mewtu, so I threw in Electrode first. I did some research before our battle (without internet, mind you) and realized that it was able to outspeed Mewtu - so I paralyzed it first and then hit it hard using Explosion. After crippling his most dangerous Pokémon the fight was easy for me. I think I even had some luck and froze one the remaining ones (Dragonite, I think). I won. :D

D

Deleted-379826

I dunno if this would count as retro gaming per se, but it was definitely retro to me. (Let me know if I'm doing something wrong).

My favourite and most vivid memory, was when I was about 4. I was really into playing flash games on the old, dusty computer at my uncle's house. I couldn't be there everyday, and it was old and slow, nothing too amazing to play, so I mostly stuck to youtube. It seems my mom and cousin caught onto my interest. So finally on my birthday that year, my uncle bought me a black, used DS Lite and my mom went to the nearest liquidation store and bought me a huge bag of cheap GBA games, not even knowing if they'd work. I took the first 2 or 3 games in the bag that looked interesting, so excited to use my new console, it took almost a day for me and my mom to find out we had to take out the bottom piece on the DS! We setup the console, threw in, I believe either Drill Dozer or some spongebob game and I was glued to it the rest of the day! Sadly this DS later went on to have a top screen with distorted visuals, so I eventually got a new red one.

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Playing mario golf: toadstool tour on the Gamecube looking around the area (while racking up the amount of shots) when i was around 8 ish i think and varying Mario cart games with close relatives

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first gaming memory was my family's Atari 7800. I don't know how young I was when I played classics like Food Fight, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug on that machine, but my favorite memory came after when my parents upgraded to an SNES. I fell asleep while they were hooking it up. I woke up to the first level of Super Mario World. The entire family bonded over that machine for many years. In fact the very same console is still at my mom's house with a piece of the plastic casing missing and it turned a gross yellow color. Surprisingly it still (mostly) works!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, @shaunj66 how do you know whether we liked bittboy on Facebook?

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: WeedZ

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
My favourite... memory? That's tough. My memory is terrible. Oh well. I suppose when I was given a 486DX2 desktop. That thing was very obsolete when I got it, and is so even more now. That was the computer I started using to play games as a child. I played around with the files to change things in-game. Eventually, I broke the game and it wouldn't launch anymore. Therefore, I moved to the next logical step - let's play with the OS files. A few days later, I couldn't get the computer to boot to the Windows 95 GUI and started tinkering with it in DOS mode. And then someone told me not to run a certain command.... so I did. I mean, what did you expect from a child? I was curious to know what it did. Well. The computer didn't even get to DOS mode at this point. And that marked the end of me using that computer for years, until I reinstalled DOS 6.22 on it just a few years ago. I still use it to play games, its CRT display is beautiful, and so is its lack of a speaker. The games used the motherboard speaker to beep. It's loud. And it's fun.
That computer takes well over 2 minutes to POST. wew

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My best memories was sitting down with my brother in front of the TV and beating ape escape in one sitting (multiple times) because our memory cards were full. Good times.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to enter into the drawing, but I wanted share in the topic.

I have alot of great memories playing games but I want to talk about the first system I ever got. When I was a kid we were extremely poor. And my birthday was so close to Christmas that my parents often couldnt afford to get me anything for my bday, and very little for xmas. I remember my parents taking me to one of their friends house where they had kids a bit older than me. These kids happened to have an nes and the first game I ever touched was metroid. I was devastated on that car ride home when I realized what kind of stuff I was missing out on. I wasn't whiney or anything, just defeated. A few months later I woke up on my 5th bday to find my parents playing duckhunt. My mom had saved up to get me my first nes. My greatest gaming memory is playing the legend of zelda. One of the two first games I've ever owned. A few months later my uncle came over with his dog. The barely house broken beast pissed on my nes and it never worked again. Not all stories have happy endings.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uuhhh how I love giveaways!!

My fondest memory is siting outside on the swing and playing pokémon blue. My safest memory is that I once forgot my Gameboy with pkmn gold outside and it got stolen by the kids from the next block. I saw one of them with my Gameboy a few days later and had to proof that it's my Gameboy and my game... I got both back but my Ho-Oh was gone forever..

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the chance!
I loved to play Pokémon Red outside with friends, even if my copy was in spanish (as it was almost impossibile to find an italian copy in the first days after the release) and it was a bit of a mess to understand the moves.
A few years later I remember when a couple of kids managed to get a copy of Gold/Silver in japanese and everyone was looking at those game with all the new features/colors/Pokémons that were still far off from an western release.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my favorite memories is playing wizards and warriors on the nes. My brother and I stayed up all night until we beat it.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think it was when I finally finished Bucky O'Hare on NES.
It was not so hard game, but it takes me few tries to shut down big green space flyer in the end. And right after it Toad Air Marshal escapes on space stool and I'm like "c'mon, you must be kidding ><".

UPD. Just checked cart. It was bootleg cart with "one hit and you dead" feature... May be that's why i remember it so good...

Last edited by r1vver,

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think my most cherished memory is playing Pokemon Red and Blue with my brother who was in hospital at the time. We would link battle and he would always beat me. Safe to say it isnt the same now haha!

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The joy of doing your best to take on the 2nd Bald Bull fight in Punch-Out!! is so nostalgic when I watched my dad play on his laptop via emulator when i was 4 years old. We always wondered "If we beat this guy, who do you think is next?". Ah...the good ol' days.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I remember playing the heck out of Pokemon: Fire Red.
That was my first pokemon game and I loved it to the point my academic grades almost took a beating.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember TMNT on the NES. I had to get my mum to help me with the second level (swimming) because I kept dying on the seaweed stuff. I'm all grown up now and can do it all by myself!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: