*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

bittboy1.png

NOW CLOSED!

To celebrate this years Black Friday , GBAtemp have partnered with BittBoy.com to give our members a chance to win 1 of 2 BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds.

Sporting a Famicom-style design, a pocket friendly size and bright IPS screen; the BittBoy FC Mini is a great way to experience the 300 classic NES games that are built right in. The BittBoy also features a rechargeable battery, TV output and evn turbo buttons for more convenience.

GBAtemp are giving away 2x White BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds - to enter just register for free at GBAtemp if you are not already a member and post in this topic telling us your favourite retro gaming memory (doesn't have to be GameBoy related and only needs to be a couple sentences or more) and a winner will be picked at random on Friday November 24th. Also remember to Like BittBoy on Facebook and Follow BittBoy on Twitter.

Full details can be found within this topic, so just enter the link below to get entered!

:arrow: Bittboy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

BittBoy.com are offering a 10% discount to all GBAtemp members for those that wish to place an order at BittBoy.com - simply enter code "bf10" at checkout to recieve a 10% discount on your order total.

Last edited by shaunj66,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My best gaming moment was when i met Eugene Jarvis the creator of so many great arcade games. He actually talked to me for ages about family and loads of other stuff he then gave me loads of hints and tips to be better at his games.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Difficult, there are so many and I have to keep it short!

Imagine reading my story with Matoyas Cave music:

In Chile with my brother playing FF1 in english, circa 1991. When we turned into the Warriors of light, the dragon title and we turn into adults in the game. As we didn't know english too well, we imagined the whole story in our heads! For us, we got older in the game because we had been 4 thousand years fighting against CHAOS!! Also in the same game, the mistery of the tomb that spoke about a warrior of old, and we always thought there was something hidden in the game there! We made so many stories of our own that they cannot be share in such small post :)

My dream would be to remake that game using my imagination, the imagination of those two kids living at the end of the world.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by nashismo,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
One of my best memories was playing Streets of Rage on a Saturday afternoon with my brother, trying to beat the game together but taking very long to do it. We had to put the game on hold to eat a snack mid afternoon and after we returned to our fight. Great memories. Was amazing when we beat it.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite gaming memory was when I played Super Mario 64 for the first time. It was my first video game that I ever played.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom used to help me beat hard games when i was small. I still remember her helping me get to the ending of Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Country 2 on Snes. Good times!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best gaming moment was watching my older sister playing A Link to the Past back in 1994. It was from the moment I got into video games, but playing with my brothers and sisters is what
I have the most fond memories of.

Chronicar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite retro memory is a friend brought over his gameboy with Pokémon, I had heard of Pokémon but never played it. I was an experienced gamer having grown up playing video games my whole life, but he let me play his game and I walked into some grass and flipped out about a rattata that appeared asking him if he wanted it and telling him how I found it like a total noob.

leshracbelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember how much I craved for SNES Secret of Mana, in the old days, I was only a child then.
When I finally got my copy, I played it for months, and used to write in a notebook a sort of player's guide, with maps and enemy / bosses profile.
I remember that, with over 70 hours of playing, the save file corrupted and I had to start it all over again.
...thing that I did, finally reaching the final boss.
I recordered the final battle on VHS, I think I was 9 or 10 years old. Designed with pencils and crayons all the cover art for the VHS xD and cetera.

...those were the times :')

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
100%ing super Mario world for the first time, I recently did so again and found it trivial, crazy as I remember me and my siblings spending days completing the special world, but this time I had it done in virtually no time without dying once

it kinda made me wonder if the "games used to be harder" belief stems from "I used to be crap at them" :rofl:

deBaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As an 8-year-old child, after getting my now deceased uncle fixed on Wonder Boy on the SEGA Master System, I got him to drive me >100 km to pick up a rare (in Germany), used copy of Phantasy Star. My uncle didn't understand it and never played it, but I loved it. The beginning of three decades of JRPG fanboyism.

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Always Wild Arms on PS1. One of my favourite JRPGs with many, many hours wasted. Could jump right back into that game any time and be happy.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best and most memorable ( frustrating too) gaming moment was playing street fighter II for SNES

I remember i used to spend hours playing that game and tried to beat every stage with every character with my siblings.
What was really annoying was my buttons from my snes controls were overused so sometimes they would get stuck. Since i was kind of poor i couldn't afford to buy any new ones so i played the game as it was.

I remember playing as dhalsim and it was far too annoying considering he was kind of slow because of his limbs stretching ( specially agaisn't vega).

I think the last time i played that game on snes was when i kept losing to vega , threw the control and knocked the tv over as well

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I got into video games in 2005, but I still have retro gaming memories. When I got my first system, a blue GBA SP with the older display (I still have it), it came with the original Metroid. I sucked at playing it, so I gave up after a while.

Aside from that, my dad has a Bally Computer System in our basement (from 1977) that we used to play together. I especially remember its weird controllers and how my dad had to keep fixing all kinds of problems that we were having with them.

He also has a Commodore 64 in the basement, but I have never used it or seen him use it.

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Final Fantasy III from Montgomery Ward for 79.99. I still remember watching the opening sequence over and over. It was the first cinematic start of a game I ever remember.

Adultery77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The smell of the Atari 2600 box when I first opened it up on Christmas as a child, I'll never forget it. That "wood" panel trim though... And that crazy joystick that caused me to get a callus between my thumb and index finger. And that rush I got when I played it for the first time... It was better than anything you could buy on the street!

Sure, we had an Intellivision, but these games were the same ones I was playing in the arcade at the time! How was this even possible??

Although the NES was a far superior console (and I had Robbie, what a blast that was at first), I probably wouldn't have bothered if it hasn't been for the gateway drug.

I just realized this post really shows my age. Lol!

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll never forget the nightmares I got when I got my PS1 Slim for Christmas along with this game called ''Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare'', now imagine a 5 year old playing that game for the first time.
As far as my favorite memory goes, my Sega Mega Drive. Gunstar Heroes, Bubba n Stix, Alex Kidd, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and more games made my childhood, I shed tears every time I remember those times, heck I even tried trading my own PS3 for a Sega Mega Drive.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best retro gaming memory was from when I was 9 years old, and I had just gotten a Nintendo for my birthday. My mother was the first person in the house to get to level 8-4, and she was just about to be the first person in the family to beat a Nintendo game, when my two-year-old little brother yelled, "JUMP!" at the exact moment when she was running underneath Bowser, on her last life.

She jumped. Game Over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Biginya