Not open for further replies.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expensive? It's $25 more than the clones. You'd have to be pretty damn skinflint to think that buying a clone saves you a significant amount of money.
It saves you $25 ...
If you saved $25 on every purchase you made in your life, that's fucking significant. Or are you one of those people that intentionally inflate your grocery bill by buying products with a name brand that's twice as much?

Moreover, if you brick your 3DS as a result of buying a clone (to save $25), what's the real cost of your beloved clone cards?
And if you brick as a result of buying a GW card that's $25 more, is that better?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look dude how I spend my money is non of your damn business so just stfu. I will spend it if I deem it worthy. I spend the 30 dollar on Phoenix Wright and DLC. THAT is worth my money and not GW ok? Especially not after that brickcode fiasco. And my 3DS is still working.

...for now it is working.

The irony is that without Gateway, you would not have your precious clone card.

Hate Gateway as much as you want, but you are biting the hand that feeds R4i. There would be no research & development without Gateway.

And if you want to skinflint on research and development, what you are left with is a poorly coded loader full of brick code. Thank R4i for that.

Reactions: Deleted User

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It saves you $25 ...
If you saved $25 on every purchase you made in your life, that's fucking significant.

What ludicrous logic.

Why not start buying clone baby milk formula (like they actually have in China) and kill your baby (which has actually happened in China) to save a few bucks.

Reactions: Deleted User

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your logic is flawed as your premise is that Gateway's card and code isn't harmful, while the others' inherently are.

There are no other loaders than Gateway loaders. R4i has NEVER made a loader.

And these loaders will brick R4is. To save $25, you want to risk your $200-$300 3DS? Good logic there, genius.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
robotnikandhisclonesoni.jpg

Reactions: Huntereb

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG someone close all these recent threads and make a NEW sticky "R4i vs gateway " and let everyone fight in there so that this flood of the same threads stop already

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no other loaders than Gateway loaders. R4i has NEVER made a loader.

And these loaders will brick R4is. To save $25, you want to risk your $200-$300 3DS? Good logic there, genius.

Good grief, look at this rampant GW fanboy.
There are a bunch of launchers already. Each clone has one, and Normmatt even made his own. Yes, they are all based on the original GW launcher, but they are still different.

Also, I love the fact that GW fanboys always spew crap about clones bricking. Just remember: before 2.02b, not a SINGLE clone cart bricked anything. They all worked as intended and never caused any permanent damage. Its only after Gateway started injecting malicious code into the launcher that the problems started. I believe that Gateway was pissed that clone carts were just as safe and reliable as a GW cart, and wanted to "take revenge" on them by making them unreliable . That's why GW programmed the brick code, its their fault.

This is one big case of corporate espionage, with innocent users stuck in the middle and suffering. Hey, r4i isn't a saint either, they sure as hell should have tested the launcher better, but it's the same mistake Normmatt and others made with theor own region free launchers: just disable the sanity check, and voila you have a working launcher. They probably thought no more testing was necessary.

One thing is for certain tough, anyone who takes sides in this debacle is an idiot. This whole fiasco has been a disaster for the 3ds modding scene. We need more talented people making homebrew, but all this in-fighting and arguing over flashcart allegiance and mass bricking is potentially scaring people off. And most of the drama lays squarely at Gateway and their fanboys feet.

Edit: By the way, clone users are not "risking their $200" as you put it, since most updated to 3.3b already which is free of brick code. You'd have to be a fool to believe that the cloners and other forums modders (such as Normmatt) won't also patch it out of any future releases as well.
It reminds me of all the silly DRM that big companies put into their PC games (like Ubisoft's always online DRM on the Assasins Creed games), that just ends up getting patched out by pirates when the game put on ThePirateBay. It's a fruitless endeavor to try and force restrictions down people's throats, talented people will always find a way around it. ;)

Reactions: redkeyboard

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, because spending the $25 will certainly prevent you from getting bricked. No Gateway customers have ever gotten bricked from Gateway's code... ::hugeeyeroll::

643747732_1386800615.jpg

OK, for the benefit of the R4i fanboy circlejerking in this thread, here's the $25 you saved.

Circlejerk to that and knock yourselves out.

D

Deleted User

OP
The modus operandi of these R4i fanboys is to flood this thread with troll posts in order to get this thread closed.

Mods if you read this, feel free to edit all posts in this thread (including mine) to remove this nonsense

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Au contraire. I've stepped back to let the R4i fanboys do what they do best.

Mmmmmmm... $25 has never looked so good? No?

It's not just about the money anymore now, it's about not wanting to support a company injects DRM and malicious trojans into their products and has some of the worst fanboys on the Internet.
Its the same with Ubisoft. I won't buy any of the Assasins Creed games for PC, but I'll sure as hell pirate the safer DRM-free versions on thepiratebay.
Remember Spore had a Sony Rootkit in it that damaged people's cd-rom drives? The pirated version had that shit patched out and it was actually safer. This is a similar situation with gateway and clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.