Clive Barker's Jericho

Embrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know wtf is going on with people lately.They just put a "Random Name In Title Here' and people go nuts over the game.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
There are some websites who gave Mafia 4/10 ... remember to always take the average score and try the game for yourself!
wink.gif

L

lastdual

It's mainly 1up that seems to really have the odd score, although a 6.5 isn't great either. I still haven't got my copy from Codemasters so I can't give an opinion myself, but there are plenty of games out there that are "love it or hate it". Right now the message boards are still pretty lit up about GameSpot's 7.5 for Ratchet & Clank.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Sniper rifle alone in this game gets a 10/10 from me lol.....but the game is pretty goo, I would say 8. 1UP lost all my respect, the game is not nearly as bad as they claim.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems ok to me. Gameplay is fun enough and the graphics are excellent (I was half-expecting my console to RRoD
biggrin.gif
) I'm not sure I like those "hit the correct button" sequences though
unsure.gif

I need to play it a little more, but at the moment 7.5-8/10 seems like a fair score.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all game reviewers skew the score towards the upper spectrum and keep the lower unused. This has been going on basically since the gaming press started popping up and is employed as a way to stay well with developers and/or publishers, as a bad relation to either could cost the writing outlets previews and similar things that put them at a competitive advantage. The problem with this is that it

(a) props up the scores of bad games, to give the reader the impression that they're better than they actually are
(b) screws the balance a number-based score institutes as bad games will get rather high marks and to compensate good games (but not necessarily great) will need to be given scores that would, if the full scale had been employed, have been awarded only the best games (Halo 3 constitutes an example of this)

Think about it. Isn't it ridiculous that 7 is "rather average"? Shouldn't it be 5, seeing as that's the middle?

Amiga Power was one of the few magazines to employ a number-based scale in a useful way. Read a much better explanation of this over at their memorial site.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hey guys.
Was really lookin forward to playin this game on my days off.. went to a friend of mine to borrow his copy yesterday, put it in my 360 and BAM! RRoD. I'm so pissed right now it's unreal.
My 360 has no RRoD now though, just DVD games struggle to load. Theres loads of whirring and clicking before they load, if they even load at all that is. Then the games that do load I get DRE before they even start, or the whole game freezes etc. Basically my 360 is FUBAR but I dunno whether it's the DVD tray or the whole 360. To me it sounds like the DVD tray so I dunno whether to buy a new core unit and use my HD and pad, or buy a DVD drive and replace the current one. I'm swaying towards the core option as my power pack is also on it's way out.
Gutted.
*sniff*

Spose I can look at it the other way, had the console from launch and played over 60 games for hours and hours with no problems, could of been one of these unlucky guys that are on their 3rd and 4th 360..

[-EDIT-]

Forgot to mention, isn't the 3/10 1UP review about the P$3 version?

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like a problem with the dvd drive.

If you get the RRoD you can easily find out what is causing it, just hold down the little round button next to the memory card slots and hit the eject button to get the error code.

Details here

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the pc version I like it but I can understand the problems.

1.) AI is a little crappy both on your team and the others.
2.) THEY actually want you to call up to get the cheat codes
3.) Gore was not as extreme as I expected.
4.) physics engine is a little weird.

Good

1.) amazing graphics
2.) solid story line
3.) FUN to play

Mercury game engine is what it runs on WTF ive never heard of the dam thing it seems they used some cheap game engines and physics engines.

But overall I enjoy it.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really like this game, the graphics and art style is amazing.

And it's just plain fun to play. Only thing I don't like is the loading seems to be a bit frequent.

Overall I'd give it a 8.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr