Hardware Clip Broken (fixable w/ tape? or no?)

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a very cheap $30 3DS off a guy on Ebay because the bottom touch screen was unresponsive and the top screen displayed nothing but a pitch black wallpaper. Being the guy who likes to mess with hardware, I purchased the item and opened it up. I took the whole bottom part of the 3DS out, cleaned out as much dust as I could from the buttons/motherboard, re-attached the parts and viola! The top screen displayed and everything seemed to work great! But the touch screen is still unresponsive because one of the ribbon cables are missing the clip to it to hold it down in place.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_191520.jpg
    IMG_20160429_191520.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 323

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen on my N3ds after I hard modded it I just put a bunch of hot glue on the other part of the case so that the clip is compressed when I screw it in

Reactions: Posghetti

Posghetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glue a plastic piece on to act like the clip

I'm guessing I'll have to hot glue it on? That's no problem, but what would you recommend for the plastic?

I had this happen on my N3ds after I hard modded it I just put a bunch of hot glue on the other part of the case so that the clip is compressed when I screw it in

I don't have the clip lol, it didn't come with it

Posghetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blacklight power plug socket connector P17 P12 P13 P10 4pin for Nintendo 2DS 3DS PSP NDS NDSI NDSL XL LL display screen 5pcs/lot
http://s.aliexpress.com/j2yyeEJZ
(from AliExpress Android)

You can take the plastic zif clip from this.

Thanks! Seems a bit huge tho? Is it smaller than the picture? or will I have to shape it to size?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain