Homebrew Cleared data on system NAND and now all my honebrew is gone

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS that I moddedcusing Soundhax. All was well until I cleared data in the system NAND, and now, none of the honebrew (Honebrew Launcher. Luma 3DS, FBI, etc) or installed games (3DS, Virtual Console, etc) show up in emuNAND. My R4 3DS flash cart works, but none of the games on it launch.

What can I do to be able to reinstall everything? My 3DS still boots into EmuNAND on my SD card, and my custom theme still shows.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a 3DS that I moddedcusing Soundhax. All was well until I cleared data in the system NAND, and now, none of the honebrew (Honebrew Launcher. Luma 3DS, FBI, etc) or installed games (3DS, Virtual Console, etc) show up in emuNAND. My R4 3DS flash cart works, but none of the games on it launch.

What can I do to be able to reinstall everything? My 3DS still boots into EmuNAND on my SD card, and my custom theme still shows.
Were your nands linked? If yes, then your data is gone unless you have backups of both the SD card data and emuNAND.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you do?

I went to the system NAND and cleared data. I was having issues with installing some DSIWare titles through FBi.

I do have a backup of my NAND. I have no problem re-installing everything, but how would I go about re-installing the HBC, Luma3DS, etc?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall them the same way you did in the first place. I assume you were using a9lh? If so then it's as simple as replacing all the stuff on your SD card related to the hbc and Luma. Put all your CIA files in the CIA folder and install godmode9 and decrypt9 and use godmode9 to inject FBI into health and safety following the instructions outlined in the a9lh guide. Once FBI is injected use it to install everything in your CIA folder and delete the CIA files. Once done restore your health and safety again following the instructions in the guide. You will then be all set up and have everything installed. If not using a9lh I'm not sure of the process though I'd assume it would work much the same way using the .3dsx builds of godmode9 etc

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Like others already say:
- Redownload latest Luma
- Redownload latest Godmode9
- Redownload latest HBL
- Put luma on your SD
- Put hbl on your SD
- Put godmode9 on yuor SD in the folder x://luma/payloads/

Boot 3DS
- hold "select" to setup Luma
- hold "start" to load a payload (like GodMode9, and inject HBL into Health&Safety app )

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others already say:
- Redownload latest Luma
- Redownload latest Godmode9
- Redownload latest HBL
- Put luma on your SD
- Put hbl on your SD
- Put godmode9 on yuor SD in the folder x://luma/payloads/

Boot 3DS
- hold "select" to setup Luma
- hold "start" to load a payload (like GodMode9, and inject HBL into Health&Safety app )

I did all of the above, but when I hold down start, it goes into hourglass9 and I can't get into godmode9. When I try to inject Health&Safety, it says my SD is not formatted for EmuNAND.

Perhaps I should just start all the way over?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all of the above, but when I hold down start, it goes into hourglass9 and I can't get into godmode9. When I try to inject Health&Safety, it says my SD is not formatted for EmuNAND.

Perhaps I should just start all the way over?
Try putting "x_" at the start of the GodMode9 payload filename, then turn on the system while holding X.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I got CIA installing fine. Now my R4i 3DS flash cart won't load any games (it starts to load games, then freezes) .y 3DS is now on FW 11.4

Last edited by XC-3730C,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working. I reformatted my 4GB card, and my wife has an R4i 3DS, and I just cloned her 4GB SD card to my 4GB SD.

Thanks to all that helped me get my 3DS back up and running!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended