Civilization: Beyond Earth Announced

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here comes the next installment of the Civiliation franchise, this time with a whole lot less bongo, bongo, bongo.

Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.

As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.

FEATURES
  • Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
  • Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
  • Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
  • Quest System: Quests are injected with fiction about the planet, and help to guide you through a series of side-missions that will aid in resource collection, unit upgrades, and advancement through the game.
  • Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific units that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
  • Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web and customize your units to reflect your play style.
  • Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world.
  • Mod support: Robust mod support allows you to customize and extend your game experience.
:arrow:Civilization Website

Reactions: T-hug

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is erring dangerously close to "Civilisation: Hippie edition" for my liking. I am sure it will see me lose several hundred hours should I bother to play it but I am still not impressed.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
3cd8a33a.png

This should be the marketing poster.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I'll pass on this one. As award-winning as they may be, I just can't get into turn-based strategy games. As soon as there's anything possibly hostile on the map, all my efforts go into crushing it (my diplomacy goes as far as "surrender unconditionally") and if I forget to squeeze even ONE LITTLE THING out of every turn, it feels like a total failure.

Perhaps if this actually WAS a sim city kind of game series... :unsure:

D

Deleted_11405

sounds boring to me to get into this game, take control again, make the steps and turn next round, was pretty hard to get go moving and reveal the things, for a gamer.. what can be so realist if it's future having some game new to play, well, maybe there's some interesting news about it what game aspects might be to work, should be easy as the same like fill puzzle pieces with colours perhaps. i don't think i 'll make it far playing it, and don't plan to find a clan to go do much with it. the technoligy and architecture just don't impress me and i would'nt spend much slavery time of this factory product through out the serie, yuck disgusting:/ too many games played to really like it, more of it, whats'it gonna be like a simple board game or lose your mind of everything on display of all clues that the particles might give? Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 2? it had a great lib. sure if you look at it that way, but well i think it just feels to get sucks again, don't wanna imagine myself alone spacing with it there out digging and placing the stuffs for a new hope

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am already sold ...

Love Civilization and having always exactly the same game remade with better graphic and slight enhancements gets boring even though I would still play it XD
I always liked the expansion to the space in Call to Power the most ^^

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So when you win the space race in Civilization games, this is what happens afterwards, methinks.

I recall a few scenarios over the various games that start with that very scenario -- they played much the same but winning the space race was now not an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.