Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Xeron21

Xeron21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
  2. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    N2DSXL for full 100% game play emulation and speed! ;) , PC's still long way off citra not matter how go are bad pc is.

3. Gu3DS

Gu3DS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Brazil
    Is that I'm only interested in 2 games. So would not it be better to invest in the pc? Or will N2dsXL still have lots of games (pokemon, Inazuma Eleven)? In the pc I have several games, and there are several that will still be launched, I can not decide which one I buy, in Brazil it's very expensive so I have to think carefully :(

4. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Upgrading your PC you can do, but also citra needs a good fair good video card, any that support a good openGL about 3.3

It dose not mean it will run games well are at full speed, no matter how good the PC is.

If you like to open new topic then that's fine, it's really up to you what you wish to do..

5. Julio Sotomayor

Julio Sotomayor Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    most useless thing ever. the eternal problem is still there: YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY SWAP BETWEEN SCREENS.

all/most of the games on 3ds that are worth playing utilize the 2nd screen for something real, and thus it is required to have both screens side-by-side when playing the game.

these games that people "show off" running in citra in "fullscreen" are almost always just ports of games that were originally from a single-screen non-hand-held console(s), and/or a simplistic game that doesn't require the 2nd screen of the 3ds/citra.

what the fans REALLY want is for the currently best/fastest builds to actually support custom window layouts!!!!! i.e. the JIT and SSE/AVX+JIT optmized builds, which are currently lightning fast but only allow default screen layout.

the mingw/msvc/bleeding edge/nightly/gcc/gccku builds however, i.e. the builds that usually say "dirty" in the title bar of the main citra window; these builds are not as fast but allow custom layouts.

now, if you somehow have a way to have CITRA render TWO SEPERATE WINDOWS IN A SINGLE MONITOR... then we're talking!

then one can have two windows "side-by-side" without needing to mess about with layouts, and both running the same ROM and both windows drawn from same parent application.

now THAT would be some awesome improvement.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i recently upgraded to cheap intel core i3-7100 socket lga (120 usd) and cheap zotac geforce gt 1050 GPU (115 usd) and this is now enough for ANY citra build to run ANY 3ds game I've tested at either 100% speeds, or 85-90% speeds when a bunch of stuff happens at once.

and if i use one of the super-fast builds, like the feb 8th JIT build, i get (with frame rate unlocked) hundreds of frames per second in the most currently demanding CITRA games like dragon quest 7 and 8.

i type this in hopes that it will help you out in terms of making a decision. i only spent 250 usd on those two parts (plus a 50 usd motherboard), 300 in total, and all previous CITRA problems are now a thing of the past.

not to mention of course machine is much more capable now for all other stuff. I do however think you definitely SHOULD NOT go any cheaper than the intel core i3... anything cheaper/lower performance than that cpu and you won't be able to enjoy CITRA emulation.

6. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    "now, if you somehow have a way to have CITRA render TWO SEPERATE WINDOWS IN A SINGLE MONITOR... then we're talking!

then one can have two windows "side-by-side" without needing to mess about with layouts, and both running the same ROM and both windows drawn from same parent application.

now THAT would be some awesome improvement".

Capturar.JPG

Capturar2.JPG

Last edited by NiagA, Aug 28, 2017
    drwhojan likes this.
  7. Julio Sotomayor

Julio Sotomayor Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    New
    dude, that's a "customized window layout". i mean making the faster builds (that don't allow this, i.e. what you posted above) output the two screens in two seperate physical windows... because the builds i'm referring to (citra jit, etc, etc), do not allow customization of the screen layouts.

for example i see from your pic that's from a canary build, probably the msvc one since i assume windows: that build (and by no means is this a knock on the author) is much, much, much slower than the citra jit feb 8th with sse 4.1 optimization build (sometimes packaged as ultimate edition, or pokemon build).

as in whatever FPS you're getting in that canary build, you'll get maybe 25% more frames in that faster build. however you will not be able to play with the screens layed out like in your pics.

8. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    To test, I compiled my own build in latest mingw works fine, Compiled the main citra branch in mingw and was buggy in closing down games in citra, it crashes on exit while in mingw only, the builds they are using are for msvc 2017 works fine.

They is some think in the coding that don't agree with mingw building.

Maybe since jroweboy dose mingw, maybe he can look into it and see what I mean ?, I can post the build if need to test..

Last edited by drwhojan, Aug 28, 2017
  9. Xeron21

Xeron21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
    @drwhojan could you please add link to your latest build with xBRZ filtering?

10. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Sorry to say jesiby took his xBRZ Branch down and has not been re-based into master branch :(

Xeron21 likes this.
  11. Xeron21

Xeron21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
    Ok, thank you for answering :)

drwhojan likes this.
  12. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    After a removed branch are two, it seems to be this one that broke the mingw builds, on exit of games are citra, just stalls and crash, unless quit CMD

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2897

build was fine from SidebySide Layout #2859

Last edited by drwhojan, Aug 28, 2017
  13. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    NiagA likes this.
  14. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Last edited by drwhojan, Aug 29, 2017 - Reason: Added Canary #13 changelog
    Xeron21 and NiagA like this.
  15. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    drwhojan likes this.
  16. X Virus

X Virus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Malaysia
  17. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    pipe 3 fine, M4A audio is some think that was not added too Citra, Dew to lack on information, Some games may use it as far as we know..

18. X Virus

Jan 15, 2016
    Malaysia
    X/Y unplayable just becoz of m4a audio? Had citra official dev verrified it ? or it is just an assumption?

19. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Mostly assumption, I'm Not a coder myself, just a merger.

But devs sometimes get information from this page.
    https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_Sound#Music_Player

Devs, nether really mention much about it..

From what I found in Tales of the Abyss, if the pipe3 is not there, the game freeze at startup and speed goes into overload.

Same we have in a new game of PM X/Y.., when just going into the Mirror, Game Freeze and speed overload.

Last edited by drwhojan, Aug 30, 2017
  20. X Virus

Jan 15, 2016
    Malaysia
    :sad: by the time citra emu is stable,i think all new game already release to :switch: instead ,PS3 and XBOX 360 almost die already now ,hopefully not happen to 3DS as well...