Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. jamieyello

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    No yes yes

You can get shaders to work on just about everything.

2. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    1. You're talking about modding Samus Returns. Citra Devs can't help you with that. But, I did dump Samus Returns' data and no, it's impossible to edit models. But the bright side is that you can edit textures. Check M-1's Twitter as he change Samus' texture to green.
    2. Shaders? Think so(but take jam's word as a fact).
    3. You have to dump your own copy unless you're a hacker who can get leak games from eShop but I won't encourage you to do that as it's also considered piracy.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez, Sep 29, 2017
  3. KillzXGaming

KillzXGaming GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Well actual in game replacement isn't always the most ideal due to how low res the original is and limitations. He was wondering if Citra had any actual custom texture loading like Dolphin has which in that case does not currently have anything like that implemented yet.

4. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind

Last edited by NiagA, Sep 30, 2017
    AceofZeroz likes this.
  5. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Ok so I'm a huge noob when it comes to this stuff. I was trying to replace the keyboard controls the qt-config file with xbox controller controls but I kind of messed things up. I really want to go back to the keyboard stuff and just use a ds4 windows but not sure what the original code was. Can someone help?

6. jselby

jselby Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Australia
    You can reset controls ("Restore Defaults") in the Qt UI, regardless of if they were controller or not.

drwhojan likes this.
  7. jroweboy

jroweboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    Re #3 this was a technical requirement not some arbitrary "stop piracy" thing as you suggest. Encrypted games without the key might as well be random data. There is no game code that citra can run until it is decrypted and this is true for everything that is encrypted. This is why citra required decrypted game dumps and has nothing to do with piracy. I'm speaking in the past tense because the key for decryption was found out back in May, and the only reason why citra doesn't support encrypted games right now is because no one has added support for it. There are a few book keeping items that need to be done first, but outside of that, nothing is really stopping us from supporting encrypted dumps. After citra supports the decryption key, then citra will decrypt the game while it's loading so you won't have to.

8. DaMan

DaMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    drwhojan likes this.
  9. yitan1983

yitan1983 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2017
    Spain
    for gamepad controld use xpadder,at least for me it works well, I started to try citra recently and so far all the games work me pretty well (only exception mh ultimate 4) but the mh generation goes well, I do not understand it because the mh generation works well and the ultimate no?, by the way if someone has problems with the hyrule warriors they ask me already I have passed the full legend mode,depends especially on the 4 citra builds (if the 4 joined they would make the definitive citra)

Last edited by yitan1983, Oct 5, 2017
  10. jamieyello

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    The RetroArch version of Citra is probably the best. It has full screen and support for pretty much all controllers.

11. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Guide is OUT!
    [​IMG]

12. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Any way to transfer the data from a game on this emulator to an official cartridge?

13. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    In Citra, right-click on the game, then click on "Open Save Data Location".
    Copy the files in the opened directory, to a new folder at the JKSM or Checkpoint save path.

14. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    @Leo121 I dm you about your concern and I changed the guide.
    No one will be able to get code.bin. They will make their own.
    Question: Am I allowed to share code.ips since it's not copyrighted or contains updates and stuff?

15. Leo121

Leo121 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Yup code.ips is all right. IPS patching is probably a lot easier than using the patching guide since most users won't know how to add armips to their PATH.

16. makotech222

makotech222 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    DaMan likes this.
  17. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Nice, but o shit, multithread shaders / GS++ to be fixed, As his TODO, and 70% Crash now happens when gs is used, like Startup of Pokeon x/y maybe other games too.

Last edited by drwhojan, Oct 11, 2017
  18. yitan1983

yitan1983 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2017
    Spain
    my question is how does the mh generations run at about 14 or 15 fps (a little slow but playable), and the mhu4 only 9 or 10 fps (veryyy slow unplayable unless you are the god of patience, 1 hour and half for the intro and in the cut scenes they look blurry) do not the 2 use the same system?if someone knows how to fix it or give a couple more fps would do a great favor,i spanish my english not perfect sorry

Last edited by yitan1983, Oct 12, 2017
  19. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Monster Hunter is really that slow for now.

20. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Would it be possible in the future to get a UWP Build of Citra?