Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even on Gamebanana?
*sigh

It's better to ask him there than instantly report to the moderators. I mean, the cause of that is that his GBATemp account would get suspended or sort.
"It's better to ask him there than instantly report to the moderators" <--- No
"I mean, the cause of that is that his GBATemp account would get suspended or sort" <--- Not my problem. Do sh*t ? Get hit (I'm sure you have your taste on this kind of stuff on the official support).
What is your problem in understanding that illegal files should not be in the thread ? NO is NO. No argument here

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
"It's better to ask him there than instantly report to the moderators" <--- No
"I mean, the cause of that is that his GBATemp account would get suspended or sort" <--- Not my problem. Do sh*t ? Get hit (I'm sure you have your taste on this kind of stuff on the official support).
What is your problem in understanding that illegal files should not be in the thread ? NO is NO. No argument here
Look man. You're just being judgemental because of one person link to his account which contais illegal stuff. What about other users like Leo121 and ZeroX? Their builds were posted here. Will you report that too?

If this kind of rule exist 3 years ago, none of this would happen. Whom shall you blame? Not Killz. Blame those who don't have 3DS or modded 3DS and wanted to be difficult. Anyways, if that's what you want, go for it cause I give up. End of arguement.

Now let's stop chatting or else this thread would be a flame war and I don't want to make this happen again.

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
You can just basically dump the update(<gameupdate>.cia) and then add it there. There's a guide on the Citra Forums before the site moved to a new IP.

I know how to dump update & dlc in cia format.

I want to do is extract update files to rebuild the roms with updates.
So how can I extract .cia update files & dlc?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I know how to dump update & dlc in cia format.

I want to do is extract update files to rebuild the roms with updates.
So how can I extract .cia update files & dlc?
I think you do the same like on the original rom? I can't remember. But I think you can check here for some helpful tip.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But extracting DLC, I'm not sure if it's possible as DLC have different directory.

gbatempaccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those of you playing mario and luigi paper jam on the bleeding edge builds, did you notice an EXTREME slowdown at the paper goomba wheel (first boss)? and every normal battle thereafter? I'm talking like single digit framerates when every previous battle ran perfectly and at a minimum of 30 fps. Other than waiting for further optimization to the emulator itself, did anyone find a way to fix it if you encountered this?

Last edited by gbatempaccount,

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
for those of you playing mario and luigi paper jam on the bleeding edge builds, did you notice an EXTREME slowdown at the paper goomba wheel (first boss)? and every normal battle thereafter? I'm talking like single digit framerates when every previous battle ran perfectly and at a minimum of 30 fps. Other than waiting for further optimization to the emulator itself, did anyone find a way to fix it if you encountered this?
I am kind of interested in this issue. Could you monitor the memory usage when it gets slow down, to see if there is a significant memory usage increase?

BitterBuffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got black lines / artifact in most my games. Here's a screenshot of SMB3DS. I have a GTX 1070 and a i7 6700K. Any ideas?

Kpz8VBi.png

gbatempaccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kind of interested in this issue. Could you monitor the memory usage when it gets slow down, to see if there is a significant memory usage increase?

It doesn't seem like the memory spike it that much? I mean when I'm on the overworld and everything is running smoothly, it's lower memory usage than when I go into battle. As soon as I enter battle, there's a brief spike when (maybe 20ish MBs?). It'll steadily crawl up a few more MBs at a time before capping out at 30-40 more MBs of usage than when I'm in the overwold. Meanwhile in-game my fps goes from a steady 30 fps to 4-7....and it's ONLY in the battles that occur after the goomba wheel boss (in this case, paper parakoopas.) The previous battles run fine at around 30 fps.

Last edited by gbatempaccount,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I got black lines / artifact in most my games. Here's a screenshot of SMB3DS. I have a GTX 1070 and a i7 6700K. Any ideas?

Kpz8VBi.png
Geometry Shader isn't implemented on the emulator and there's no plan when will it add to the master build. So we better wait for an update.

GS haven't been added to BE for a long time.

Reactions: drwhojan

BitterBuffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geometry Shader isn't implemented on the emulator and there's no plan when will it add to the master build. So we better wait for an update.

GS haven't been added to BE for a long time.

Ok, I get this on Mario Kart 7 as well. I see people on Youtube playing these two games without this shader glitch..

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It doesn't seem like the memory spike it that much? I mean when I'm on the overworld and everything is running smoothly, it's lower memory usage than when I go into battle. As soon as I enter battle, there's a brief spike when (maybe 20ish MBs?). It'll steadily crawl up a few more MBs at a time before capping out at 30-40 more MBs of usage than when I'm in the overwold. Meanwhile in-game my fps goes from a steady 30 fps to 4-7....and it's ONLY in the battles that occur after the goomba wheel boss (in this case, paper parakoopas.) The previous battles run fine at around 30 fps.
could you give me a nearest save to the bug point so that I can test it?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo! To those who owns a modded 3DS and somehow play games online with hacks, Nintendo is banning users recently. If you get banned, go here.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

Now I'm concern because most of us have modded 3DS and use it to dump games and dump files such as NAND and sysdata. If you got caught by Nintendo, your 3DS is permanently banned online. Not sure if you can update while you're banned online. No one tried it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: