Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

Apr 24, 2014

Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator by bunnei at 3:38 PM (2,658,844 Views / 154 Likes) 6,648 replies

1. X Virus

Member X Virus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Why don't you buy Switch?Since there will be more new games to come...

2. Marcus_ms

Newcomer Marcus_ms Advanced Member

India
    Can someonw report the issue on github which i am going to say?
    The issue is with kirby triple deluxe hover.when i change the input keys the hover don't work but when i use the default input key it work.I checked on both nightly and bleeding edge same problem.Hope it may help.

3. Miguel Gomez

Member Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Philippines
    The Switch alone is cheap. But the bundle is pretty expensive than XbOne or PS4. I'm just waiting for the Switch with no bundles.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, I wanted a 3DS with no mods since I modded both my 3DS Xl and 2DS(before 11.4 came).

4. Goshi
    This message by Goshi has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 8, 2017, Reason: Asking for warez.
    May 8, 2017
  5. Robz8
    This message by Robz8 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 8, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    May 8, 2017
  6. masaki88

Member masaki88 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Bullshit about two screens. DS have two screens WiiU have two screens and they both emulate better than citra. Even record they emulators not a problem. And btw i found way to record citra with my intel hd graphics without fps drop. Simple need record not full screen, need to set in bandicam screen region and set it on first upper screen. Plus use intel quick sync for recording. So, there is nothing impossible my friend.

AceofZeroz likes this.
  7. mwahaha

Member mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    Hello, can someone confirm something for me? does tomodachi life work on citra? Thanks

8. Robz8

Member Robz8 Coolest of TWL

United States
    Yes.

9. lantern48

Newcomer lantern48 Member

United States
    Any progress or word on the GUI for controller support?

10. mwahaha

Indonesia
    Flawlessly?

11. wwylele

Member wwylele GBAtemp Regular

China
    I paused my branch for it because:
    - I have to come up with a new idea with new-added axis-to-button mapping
    - I have too many things to work on

12. mwahaha

Indonesia
    Tomodachi life give me black screen:
    [​IMG]

Tried it with the newest nightly build. I thought it already playable? Same as Harvest Moon too. Only got to character selection then crashing.

13. Grandork

Newcomer Grandork Newbie

Brazil
    The latest Bleeding Edge caused a massive drop in FPS. Stella Glow went from 24/30fps to 15/30fps, ouch.

14. Robz8

Member Robz8 Coolest of TWL

United States
    Have you tried it with the bleeding edge build?

15. Miguel Gomez

Philippines
    Do you have shared_font.bin?

16. lantern48

Newcomer lantern48 Member

United States
    Ok.
    Thanks for all of your work on Citra.

17. Kumoashi

Member Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Tomodachi Life has not ran on Citra for awhile now. I think there is a feature that was removed that caused the game to break. The most that you can get now is the first loading screen, then it gives you a blank white screen.
    Screen Shots

Edit: Also, without the soft keyboard, you can't name anything, which makes a lot of the game unplayable even if you could get it running. A save file would be needed to go in game, but you would not be able to add new Mii's, or play any mini game the has you type stuff.

Last edited by Kumoashi, May 10, 2017
  18. Fawfulthegreat

Newcomer Fawfulthegreat Advanced Member

United States
    ok, so question. and i apologize if this has been answered but i really don't feel like reading 330 pages. anyway, is there a feature in this emulator similar to Dolphin's debug mode (which I used to change values to load unused maps etc)

the specific thing I'd like to do is modify the stickers in Mario's inventory in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Got the game running albeit slow but that doesn't matter since I plan on transferring the save for an actual 3DS once I get what I want.

19. Miguel Gomez

Philippines
    1. No one had asked that question. You're the first.
    2. Nope. You have to "Edit" the game aka extracting the data of the rom and edit the values via HexEdit or sort like Pokemon Randomizers.
    I wish there's that feature so that I could try corrupting Smash 4 and 3D Land.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Welp. Miitopia US is coming next month. By the time the game releases, there won't be any issues except for naming the character, use Mii Maker, or QR Code(these 3 that I mentioned needed the keyboard, Home Menu, and Camera). Just like in the Japanese Version.

20. Yandere-chan

Member Yandere-chan GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Amazing work to everyone working on Citra. So far, I have gotten to the end of World 3 from the start of the game in Citra without a single problem other than minor graphical glitches. I do own this game and the rom I am using is a personal dump. I am trying to beat the whole game on this emulator, for fun, and to see how well it works.
    [​IMG]
    Graphical glitch example - [​IMG]

Last edited by Yandere-chan, May 12, 2017
    8BitWonder and AceofZeroz like this.
  21. Bizzy212

Newcomer Bizzy212 Newbie

United States
    Has anyone been able to get mario and luigi:Paper jam working? I cant get it working for the life of me,i am on latest bleeding edge build and transferred the "user" folder from the unofficial to the new for compatability. and it works for sonic generations and mario 3d land, but mario and luigi just stays in a black screen. also,on the unoficial build back from sept, it loads the game but on the opening scene it stops working.

22. NiagA
    This message by NiagA has been removed from public view by Minox, May 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Reason: Linking to youtube video containing copyrighted material.
    May 12, 2017
  23. adrianjoshj

Newcomer adrianjoshj Newbie

Philippines
    - deleted

Last edited by adrianjoshj, May 12, 2017
  24. Bizzy212
    This message by Bizzy212 has been removed from public view by Minox, May 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    May 12, 2017
  25. NiagA
    This message by NiagA has been removed from public view by Minox, May 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    May 12, 2017