Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Grandork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I finally got my hands on Bravely Second and when I went to play it using Bleeding Edge, I noticed that Cheat Engine Speed Hack doesn't work anymore (tested it on Bravely Default). Seems that with the addition of "Frame Limiter", it stops the ability for Cheat Engine to speed up the game, so you can't x2, it's either Full Speed or Without Limit. Is there any way to fix this? What was the Bleeding Edge that introduced it? Since I keep updating my Bleeding Edge, I have no idea what version I have to get to make Cheat Engine work again.

It wouldn't be a big deal if there was actually a HOTKEY to Turn Off and ON the Frame Limiter, but I guess they didn't have the foresight to think of that.

Last edited by Grandork,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check out my fork for a rudimentary frame limit hotkey, among other features:
https://github.com/makotech222/citra/releases

Hi first glad 4 you to be here welcome and grate work!, this compiles fine in microsoft VS 2015 +

However this is a small line issue memory.ccp for Cheat Search mingw/gcc compiling line 174, sorry I'm blocked from posing too you on you're page.
https://github.com/makotech222/citra/pull/15

If you have another code I can test to compile in gcc that would be grate and thanks, please check on it here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-255#post-7256840

Ps: if not don't matter.

Grate other features you have too!

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: AceofZeroz

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I finally got my hands on Bravely Second and when I went to play it using Bleeding Edge, I noticed that Cheat Engine Speed Hack doesn't work anymore (tested it on Bravely Default). Seems that with the addition of "Frame Limiter", it stops the ability for Cheat Engine to speed up the game, so you can't x2, it's either Full Speed or Without Limit. Is there any way to fix this? What was the Bleeding Edge that introduced it? Since I keep updating my Bleeding Edge, I have no idea what version I have to get to make Cheat Engine work again.

It wouldn't be a big deal if there was actually a HOTKEY to Turn Off and ON the Frame Limiter, but I guess they didn't have the foresight to think of that.
Hotkey to turn on and off Frame Limiter, go to configure and uncheck it.
Anyways, using Cheat Engine on Citra won't speed up all 3DS games in general.

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay i think i fixed the CheatsModule branch to compile. give it a try.

I'll wait maybe mixed up.

but https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/...imental#diff-011ff977a950e0d00d06f921de35f4c2

T Read(const VAddr vaddr) {

and one in .h are just gonna clash. and green underscore wiggle in memory.h T Read(const VAddr vaddr);
https://github.com/makotech222/citra/pull/18/commits/d4ae19a0bcc4a71c55397df32a516cf578dfe777

already try that one.
I'll re-merge and give it a go anyway, let you know.
maybe best to leave it for msvs building.

@jroweboy good at mingw stuff maybe he can look into your code...
https://gbatemp.net/members/jroweboy.403512/

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what the problem is? What error are you getting when compiling now?
Same
But I'm off for the night, so good night from this end of the world, sorry 4 the games but that's my nephew 4 u lols

6765675765.jpg

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: AceofZeroz

Grandork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hotkey to turn on and off Frame Limiter, go to configure and uncheck it.
Anyways, using Cheat Engine on Citra won't speed up all 3DS games in general.

It speeds up any game that can be sped up over 100%, but most importantly it speeds up to a certain threshold, like 200% speed. It also allows you to SPEED DOWN, used that a lot on Rune Factory for Fishing with an under leveled Finishing Skill.

At finally, it can be macroed to turn on and off. So I can watch cinematic/conversations with it off and play the boring ass part of the games with it on.

--EDIT--

Just tested on the latest Nightly Build and Cheat Engine works, seems something got broken in the Bleeding Edge.

Last edited by Grandork,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean "100% playable"?
For high specs, I believe alot including ORAS and possibly Sun and Moon.
For decent, about 10-20 games.

Yeah without extreme slowdowns.
My rig is 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Quad-Core
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
16GB Ram

makotech222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/makotech222/citra/pull/18/commits/d4ae19a0bcc4a71c55397df32a516cf578dfe777

edit nope if two functions are same in .cpp and .h memory, it's just gonna garble at 100%

View attachment 85009

it dose need the T Memory::

but way only in mingw...
Code:
explicit qualification in declaration of T Memory::Read(const VAddr vaddr) {
                                                                       ^

Hm no idea. The other Read functions are defined the same way. I don't see why its having a problem with the templated function. Use MSVC then?

makotech222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i know the problem now. It wants the function defined in the .h file instead of .cpp for some stupid reason. Not gonna bother doing that because it requires a bunch of other stuff there too. Gonna have live with it. Use MSVC.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually i know the problem now. It wants the function defined in the .h file instead of .cpp for some stupid reason. Not gonna bother doing that because it requires a bunch of other stuff there too. Gonna have live with it. Use MSVC.

I see, am not a programmer but like giving it a crack now and then xd.

Yes it's a good feature to have, but yes people will have to use it in MSVS, Just Mingw build run emulation by a few fps slightly faster like 1/3 fps more, and more people go 4 these builds.

I have no use for it myself, but others will, Maybe one day you may get around to it, and all the best when you do.. but no rush.
------
But if you download my build they are instructions in the 1.ReadMe Source.txt file on how to compile in mingw if it's useful to you.

Citra-GCCKU-Citra-16-04-2017
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/vHCezwJX/file.html

All best 2 you!

EDIT:
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/...sModule#diff-5e8bf22f5c3b3579c402308dd96b7563

Code:
connect(ui.action_Cheats, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(OnCheats()));
connect(ui.action_CheatSearch, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(OnCheatsSearch()));

Maybe change ? , 4 new changes in main citra
Code:
connect(ui.action_Cheats, &QAction::triggered, this, &GMainWindow::OnCheats);
connect(ui.action_CheatSearch, &QAction::triggered, this, &GMainWindow::OnCheatsSearch);
-----------------------------------------------
cheatsearch.ui

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/...sModule#diff-68e87286dc1470d1118bdd6277bb3577

line 10 - <height>876</height>
out sizes some screens, edit to 612 seems to be ok for my 32" screen, Same as Cheats

Last edited by drwhojan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1