Trophies
XP
Country
Tested a few games:

- Rune Factory 4
- Blaster Master 0
- All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
- 7th Dragon III VFD

All work great except 7th Dragon since the keyboard doesn't work and the names default to Citra otherwise all work pretty well.
I'm surprised how good Citra is.

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there was 3dmoo. It, however, seems like there is no development happening for that emulator.
there was also XDS https://github.com/ichfly/XDS but for the context of people looking to play games, i think only mentioning citra is the right thing to do :)

How to run citra from command prompt? (Any cmd parameters/arguments?)
citra PATH_TO_GAME

or for citra-qt

citra-qt PATH_TO_GAME

all of the config options are stored in the config.ini so you aren't going to get anything different between the command line and just double clicking them

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
citra PATH_TO_GAME

or for citra-qt

citra-qt PATH_TO_GAME

all of the config options are stored in the config.ini so you aren't going to get anything different between the command line and just double clicking them

I want the parameters for using citra in Launchbox. PATH_TO_GAME didn't work -- really no way?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what to do.
I downloaded the newest bleeding edge. But i found several issues in luigis mansion, starfox etc.
But in general no issues about bleeding edge shall be reported. Shall I anyway upload debug information?

For example
starfox cannot creat savegames
Final fantasy explorers has graphical issues (half of the screen is pixelated)
Luigi mansion has several exceptions.
Metroid has corrupt sound.
Etc.

The intention is to support, to find the root causes of the issues.

Last edited by papermanzero,

Santy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I was wondering if already exists any build that would make Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice playable. I have read somewhere that it has something to do with geometry shaders, could it be? Thanks!

eldriden

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hi, first thanks for all the work that has been done on this emulator! it's amazing.
Secondly, i'm wondering, does the citra follow the clock of the pc? Or is it possible to change the hour?

Thanks

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
hi, first thanks for all the work that has been done on this emulator! it's amazing.
Secondly, i'm wondering, does the citra follow the clock of the pc? Or is it possible to change the hour?

Thanks
Yes, citra uses pc clock as its emulated 3ds system clock, and changing the emulated time is possible by changing the pc time. But please do this only when no game is running.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, citra uses pc clock as its emulated 3ds system clock, and changing the emulated time is possible by changing the pc time. But please do this only when no game is running.
I was wondering, how did this guy manage to load up Kirby Amiibo on Citra 3DS?
Ik there's an Amiibo PR on the work, but this is a working Amiibo fighting a player.

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Hello i have important question for me and i hope you help me understand how its fix. I have pc with this specs:

cpu i7 3770 4.2
gpu intel hd graphics 4000
10gb ram
windows 10 x64

Im run games on citra very well without any problems. BUT when i try to record gameplay with bandicam, fraps, obs, etc i have very hard drop fps. I mean when i recording, i have 3\5 from full fps speed. For example, i have full fps without recording and 40-30 with recording. I try many recordinng software with many encoders (x264 ultrafast and intel quick sync speed preset) and all same. Why this happen? i run games in full speed without recording but, why when i record i got low fps?. My cpu load 20-30% when i recording but why still low fps?. I don t have nvidia or amd gpu to use they encoders. What i gonna do to fix it?. For other emulators (psp ps2 wii) i don t have this problem and there is no fps down while i recording. So, why its happen only for citra?.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
please stop asking for more speed. we have already exhausted all methods to gain speed out-of-code. there is nothing we can do other than optimize the emulation core and others. you want speed , get a better pc.

Reactions: Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello i have important question for me and i hope you help me understand how its fix. I have pc with this specs:

cpu i7 3770 4.2
gpu intel hd graphics 4000
10gb ram
windows 10 x64

Im run games on citra very well without any problems. BUT when i try to record gameplay with bandicam, fraps, obs, etc i have very hard drop fps. I mean when i recording, i have 3\5 from full fps speed. For example, i have full fps without recording and 40-30 with recording. I try many recordinng software with many encoders (x264 ultrafast and intel quick sync speed preset) and all same. Why this happen? i run games in full speed without recording but, why when i record i got low fps?. My cpu load 20-30% when i recording but why still low fps?. I don t have nvidia or amd gpu to use they encoders. What i gonna do to fix it?. For other emulators (psp ps2 wii) i don t have this problem and there is no fps down while i recording. So, why its happen only for citra?.
Please understand that a Nintendo 3DS uses two displays, where as PSP, PS2 and Wii use only one display. Emulators have to convert instructions that are very different from a PC CPU, into a instruction that is utilised by the PC's CPU. And the Nintendo 3DS has two CPUs, which with both of them combined make it more powerful than the PSP, PS2 or Wii (but has a much weaker GPU than PSP, PS2 or Wii), because it uses both an ARM11 and ARM9 CPU. Heck, the Nintendo DS emulator DeSmuME had the same problem in the past as well! Especially back in the days when we used to use 32-bit OSs, and that was because it had to process both ARM9 and ARM7 instructions (since the Nintendo DS had two displays and ran on two CPUs).

Using more than one display uses more CPU instructions. This doesn't necessarily have to mean CPU load, it's to do with how many graphics rendering instructions are being used at the same time. Also, more cores does not mean faster emulation either, check the clock rate of the Intel CPU and it will tell you how fast it can read instructions in gigahertz. Also, Integrated Intel HD Graphics is not a good video card to use either, especially when it comes to recording gameplay and playing games at the same time. Because it's integrated in the Intel CPU, it it places too much load onto the CPU and it cannot handle more instructions than what it can process.

That's why for recording gameplay from Citra emulator, you'll need a separate video card for your machine. I'm sorry, but that's the only way you're going to fix this problem.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to leave a vote for full-screen. :)

I have gotten pretty good working with C# GitHub classes and VS, maybe I'll give it a try.

please stop asking for more speed. we have already exhausted all methods to gain speed out-of-code. there is nothing we can do other than optimize the emulation core and others. you want speed , get a better pc.
Are you a dev though? Sorry if I've forgotten.

I mean there's always room for optimization, or maybe I'm just spoiled the way PowerPC emulators these days are just so well done. Either way, it's understandable if the devs want to focus on other things. I've got my i7 here, I'm not complaining.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
I just want to leave a vote for full-screen. :)

I have gotten pretty good working with C# GitHub classes and VS, maybe I'll give it a try.

Are you a dev though? Sorry if I've forgotten.

I mean there's always room for optimization, or maybe I'm just spoiled the way PowerPC emulators these days are just so well done. Either way, it's understandable if the devs want to focus on other things. I've got my i7 here, I'm not complaining.
nope. i aint a cita dev, although i am a programmer. i just posted that to all those guys who keep asking if there were faster builds than BE or drwhojan or chinese, or how to make it faster. if there were,it would have been posted in the last 5 pages at any point in time.

Reactions: drwhojan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn