Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2013
    Pretty sure that's how Citra actually works atm. I mean, I can update Bleeding Edge without losing any save data, and those are stored in the user folder. Pretty sure that's the entire idea behind this post:

https://www.citra-emu.org/entry/migrate-your-savefiles

2. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Just put the contents of your user folder in C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Citra

3. player594

player594 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    Mine creates a new folder for each version so the user folder needs to be copied to the new folder every time. Bleeding edge downloads a new version folder when it detects a new update.

4. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    don't copy the entire user folder. Just copy the inside of the user folder.
    • cheats(if they implemented Cheats again to the Bleeding Edge)
    • config
    • nand
    • SDMC
    • sysdata

5. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    You don't have to put the user folder in the new Bleeding Edge version folder. If Citra doesn't find a user folder in the folder that Citra is in it will look for it in C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Citra
    Just put the cheats, config, nand, sdmc, and sysdata folders into C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Citra and make sure that there is no user folder in the Bleeding Edge folder.

6. player594

player594 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    ok thanks. I didn't know they implemented this.

7. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
  8. ww97

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    Recent log: Super Mario 3D Land has been crashed at level 8-Castle2, just before Bowser's Lair. Does this crash occur every time?

9. CatmanFan

CatmanFan I can't believe I'm using my PS3 again.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    How is Citra doing emulating the HOME Menu and system apps at this point with the latest build?

Last edited by CatmanFan, Jan 4, 2017
  10. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Still no hope if using the latest firmware. But I could try to dump Home Menu while doing my 2nd A9LH installation.

11. CatmanFan

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    I know that the latest firmware won't even work. I'm just saying if 4.X.X HOME Menu works flawlessly now.

12. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    Last edited by NiagA, Jan 6, 2017
  13. vwm

vwm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Italy
    Just happy to share some gratitude to developers!
    Of course the emulator is in early stage, but nevertheless I was able to finish LoZ:Link Between Worlds.
    And completion is 100% - all of the heart containers, all bottles, all chests in all dungeons, all maimai's, and upgrades, twice the advanced Treacherous Tower. All of that on BE116 (started on something like BE68, but there were many effects missed - like when you need to use lamp in dark dungeons).
    The only glitches remained for me are the portal plates - there should be full-screen effect, but we see effect with stuttering and offsetted pixelization, and also rare minor glitch with water surface, when bump(or specular, or even simple texture - don't know exact technique here) just disappeared for a second and then restored as needed to be.
    Performance on my old laptop (i5 2410m 2.7Ghz) outdoors 32-50fps, indoors and dungeons 40-60fps, on both RupeeRush games I've set my own timer to 1 minute(twice slower).
    Also - no crashes in-game, but emulator by itself sometimes won't exit and crashed.
    So, despite minor effects, this game is fully emulated and looks way better than real 3ds on native resolution.

14. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    I've tried Home Menu 4.5 and all I get is a black screen. It doesn't seem to load any more.

15. CatmanFan

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    How about 2.1.0?

16. ww97

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    Yep, still crashes. Maybe I need a savefile with World 8 beaten.

17. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, I don't have a dump of that one.

18. user619

user619 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Does anyone know of a widescreen hack for citra and is there a way to play citra in fullscreen?

19. Xeron21

Xeron21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
    Sadly this features are not implemented yet in any versions of Citra. I hope that this will be added in the near future :)

20. stelvia

stelvia Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2016