Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

bunnei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the great support! We're very actively working on it and expect to me making lots of progress is the coming weeks/months :)

Congrats! Keep up the good work. Is there any way to donate?
Haven't really thought about that, and didn't want to try to make a donation pitch until we have more to offer. However, moving forward, it might be helpful to subsidize web/server costs/etc until the project is more off the ground.

There has been a huge influx of folks on the IRC channel having build issues. As such, I've updated the Windows Build page to be more descriptive. However, I want to emphasize: if you’re struggling to build it, there is probably no point running it because it won't be very useful to you. Once the project is more advanced (and has something to offer non-devs), I’m sure we’ll post regular binaries.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Once the project is more advanced (and has something to offer non-devs), I’m sure we’ll post regular binaries.

Gee, I wonder what could that mean ;)

The new page is very informative btw.

Also, during Git setup, it asks me how should the PATH be configured. If I choose "Run Git from cmd" maybe I'll be able to skip adjusting PATH. EDIT: Yeah, that worked.

It's git --version btw. Not git--version.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
This will be exciting once it does more than run generic arm11/arm9 program code on a generic software framebuffer - but from little acorns...

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
To the OP of the post:

Hey! I'm the owner of Always Nintendo! This is a very interesting project and I'd love to get more coverage on it :) Would you be available for an interview anytime soon? If you're interested, please contact me as [email protected]

Best of luck on your 3DS emulation :)
You specifically made an account to ask this guy for an interview???
I smell something...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
For the love of Arceus, PLEASE include an internal renderer, to improve the resolution, like Desmume did:

holy fuck balls.jpg

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You specifically made an account to ask this guy for an interview???
I smell something...

uh.. no. He's been here since February 9th, he just never posted anything. Lots of media sites and resellers have GBATemp accounts but never post anything (keeping themselves up to date for news purposes).

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please add a c code editor to be able to make games with this and compile them!

I am actually using Ubuntu 14.04

We could make nice games with this wonder citra

I cant figure out how to install this

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just look how sexy regular DS games can look in HD... Now imagine how good the 3DS games will look.

Once somebody figures out how to use texture packs like N64 and Gamecube\Wii emulators can, DS games will look a whole lot better, like 2DS quality (but in 4:3). I imagine 3DS games will look even better once somebody does a similar tweak to the 3ds emulator years later when it plays commercial games.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Once somebody figures out how to use texture packs like N64 and Gamecube\Wii emulators can, games will look a whole lot better

That's not entirely what I mean, I meant resolution-wise... but yeah, HD texturepacks help too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol