cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davebaol, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Did d2x work for you?

1. Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

85 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

75 vote(s)
    42.6%
  3. No, and I posted what goes wrong

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
Feb 3, 2011
  1. fred_bra

Newcomer fred_bra Newbie

Brazil
    Hi, here's my problem:
    It's been a very long time since I played with my Wii (2 to 3 years). It is softmodded, I have HBC and use USB Loader GX.
    Recently I bought a generic drums, that should work both with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The drums are wireless, and there's this USB receiver, with a switch (RB / GH), that plugs to the Wii.
    I am able to play on Rock Band without problems, but I cannot make GH sincronize with the drums.
    The drums have LEDs indicanting controller number (1 to 4), and when I open RB, it assingns a controller number, but that does not happen in GH. With the Wii off, I put the switch to GH, turn the Wii on, and nothing.
    Could this be a s2x issue? Or any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Dogbert8

Newcomer Dogbert8 Member

United States
    I keep reading posts (here and elsewhere) about how the Pro controller won't work with Wii games on vWii because the games would have to be hacked individually. It seems to me that d2x could be updated to have the Wii U Pro be treated as a Classic Controller. Or does the IOS have no influence over the controller? I seem to recall there needing to be an update for Motion+, but maybe that was just for the installer itself. So, rather than getting the game to recognize the Wii U Pro Controller as a valid input, could the cIOS lie about the Pro's identity and treat it as a Classic Controller?

3. Drewble

Newcomer Drewble Newbie

United States
    I followed this and the guide. I still only have the v4, v5, v6 options available to me. I installed the v10 alt 53 on the vwii before, but now the option isn't available to me. I made sure the lock on the card isn't on. I can't figure this thing out.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    be sure you use the correct version (check your path, delete other version to be sure you are not launching a different one), or reinstall it.
    keep the folders and files structure from the zip, if you extract everything in the same folder it will not find v10.

5. tris

Newcomer tris Newbie

Antarctica
  6. Cyan

France
    that issue Is marked as fixed, I didn't know vWii had specific lag issue with music games.

Rizzorules likes this.
  7. tris

Newcomer tris Newbie

Antarctica
    Yes, too bad it definitely has. Anyone else here can confirm this?

8. Brianwuz

Newcomer Brianwuz Member

United States
    has anyone successfully installed any d2x above v6? i have tried many combinations of d2x with different basses inclding 56 and 57 and not only they don't work, they also lock up syscheck.

thanks

brianwz

9. Macho Gamer

Newcomer Macho Gamer Newbie

Brazil
    NetSphereEngineer... This is my man! d2x-v10-beta53-alt solved all my problems too! Thanks my friend!

10. BITBURGER

Member BITBURGER GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Where do you get the version of Wiiflow and the good cios to
    i'll hack wiiware game wii gamecube and i'll will install iso's on nand
    but it say's every time loader.dol can't not find
    maybe with youre version of wiiflow is the problem sold
    can you help me please with they wiiflow version and the good cios d2x v7 or else that work with wiiflow
    on the moment i'll cannot play vc wiiware games in wiiflow in usb loader gx it work but not all of them

11. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey guys, wanted a little help here.

I installed 2 cIOSs using d2x cIOS ("cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta53-alt" and "cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52") following the instructions on the "Complete Softmod Guide" website, but cIOS 249 doesn't seem to work in wiiflow. If I set a game to run using 250 they work fine, but with 249 the wii just gives me a black screen for about 10 seconds, then resets. Anyone have any ideas?

12. Cyan

France
    replace your slot 249 with beta52.

Don't use beta53 if you don't need port1 support.

r53 is not "the latest and better version", it's only a different version than r52.
    r52 = no port1 support, better compatibility
    r53 = port1 support, less compatibility
    they are v10 and v10 alternative version. it's v10-alt and not r53-alt (revision 53 is the alternative v10 version)

So, select this :
    d2x v10 r52
    slot 249
    base 56
    version 21010

You can also note that you don't need the cIOS with base56, as it also has less game compatibility than base57.
    You can tell wiiflow to use slot250 for everything, and you won't have any issue.
    if you install base56 in slot249, and use that slot by default, you will encounter games not working and will have to switch to slot250 anyway. (call of duty for example)

13. gbeaytempur

Newcomer gbeaytempur Newbie

United States
    d2x cIOS + Installer download links for 2016

- This is the archive of the d2x cIOS Google Code Project Page
    - This Github Project Page is the new home of the project and is hosted by davebaol himself

- This is the archive of the d2x cIOS installer Google Code Project Page
    - This Github Project Page appears to host the installer, but it doesn't seem to be official. From what I can gather the dev of the installer never exported his/her project from Google Code to Github.

@Cyan could you help me verify this for a first-timer with a virgin original Wii?

I've already used Letterbomb to install The Homebrew Channel & BootMii as a boot2. Here's what I'm planning to do next:

1. Download d2x-v10-beta52.zip from the archived Google Code Project Page
    2. Download d2x cIOS Installer v3.1.zip from the archived Google Code Project Page
    3. Installation Steps:

Extract the two .zip files to an SD formatted to fat32
    d2x version: v10 beta52
    cIOS base: 56
    cIOS slot: 249
    cIOS revision: 21010

(Is this the only cIOS needed?)

4. Download USBLoaderGX r1260.7z from the Sourceforge Project Page
    5. Launch Wii/Wiiware/VC/GC (via Nintendont on Github) from USBLoader GX

Last edited by gbeaytempur, May 16, 2016
  14. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It's standard to use IOS249[56] and IOS250[57]. There are a few games like the Just Dance series and Call of Duty: Black Ops that don't work with IOS56.

I checked the Google Code dol file with the one you linked on GitHub and they're identical so it's fine to use either.

15. gbeaytempur

Newcomer gbeaytempur Newbie

United States
    Sweet! So it sounds like in the end it will look like this:

cIOS base: 56
    cIOS slot: 249
    cIOS revision: 65535

cIOS base: 57
    cIOS slot: 250
    cIOS revision: 65535

I'm getting that revision number from CompleteSoftModGuide

"You can set the version to maximum (65535) to prevent any future updates from overwriting it (the installer can still overwrite it)."

Thanks for the help!

16. Cyan

France
    65535 prevents overwritting from launching a game with the official method (Disc channel from the Wii system menu with a retail disc).
    If you only play games from USBLoaders, I like it better when it contains the version of the IOS (21010 = cIOS rev21 mod d2x v10)

If you have priiloader installed, there's an option to prevent game disc from updating the console, if you enable that option then you don't need 65535 either.
    But it's up to you. if you run the latest syscheck, it can detect the correct version even if you set 65535.

17. Razor83

Member Razor83 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought that setting the cIOS version to 65535 also prevented it from being stubbed if you performed an online update?

18. Cyan

France
    most users are already on the latest system version, so there's no online update anymore. (I'm not sure only one IOS can be updated from online, at least it's not automatic so just don't press the update button)
    but yeah, it the console can be updated, it will replace the cIOS with a stub.

I'm on 3.2E with cIOS version not maxed out, I don't have priiloader and I don't have any update issues.

19. oscat

Newcomer oscat Member

United States
    If I already have IOS v60 installed, can I just run the installer to get to cIOS d2x v10? or will I run into issues? Figured I'd ask before I dive in.

Last edited by oscat, Aug 13, 2016
  20. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Addict

United States
    d2x doesn't have anything to do with IOS60. It should be installed in a slot >200. You will need the binary patch files and CIOSMap.xml for v10 in the installer's app folder to update to it.