Hacking cIOSCORP v3.6 Release!

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you please just let me know? i skimmed through the readme and found little help towards my questions. itd be much appreciated if someone can politely answer my questions and i will know better than to get any confusions

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiimanizer said:
a few questions:
if i install cioscorp 3.6, may i still be able to use my other usual homebrew apps such as backup launchers/usb loaders?
does it work with rawkSD?
is it compatible with system menu 4.2U?
yes
don't know
yes

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
could you please just let me know? i skimmed through the readme and found little help towards my questions. itd be much appreciated if someone can politely answer my questions and i will know better than to get any confusions
It's people like you that clutter these forums with "I bricked my Wii cause ______" or " I THEN read the readme and it said" or "cIOSCORP sucks cause IT bricked my WII"

rawkSD is discussed in the readme, I suggest STRONGLY that you don't just "SKIM" through it.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ghostbusters freezes at the Wrist Strap Health & Safety Screen!
What do I do?
-> This is most likely due to the 3x DVD reading speed being unable to
load the copyright screen fast enough (the health screen comes and goes
much faster than most other games' health screens), as compared to the
6x reading speed used for legitimate Wii discs. There is a "disc eject
trick" that I found on gbatemp (can't remember who posted it, though.
@Whoever discovered this, credits to you). I have reworded it into steps:

Start at the wii menu.

1. Make sure the nunchuk is connected before starting
2. Insert disc
3. Banner should load up in disc channel
4. Hit Start (but be ready to hit eject)
5. You should see the screen flicker for a second, when this
happens, HIT EJECT IMMEDIATELY!
6. It should say "Please insert the GHOSTBUSTERS™ Disc.",
just wait a few seconds, then insert the disc.
7. The game should load fine from that point.

da_letter_a

I posted this on another site but just in case you don't see it I'll post it here too. There's an easier fix for this problem. Just make sure the Nunchuk is UNPLUGGED before you start the game and don't plug it back in until it tells you too. Hope that helps and thanks again for cIOSCORP!

I also noticed that after you do this once you don't have to do it again. It will work even if the nunchuk is connected for now on. I have no idea why it works, but just passing it on.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks A!

Great stuff.
smile.gif

Though I wonder how you did do the New Super Mario Bros. Wii stuff without a new cIOS or something..

Anyhow thanks! I was just to get over to a friend today. I can take this with me and update his Wii.
smile.gif

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, well i installed this one over my old 3.2 one. well i did a nand backup first just incase. well i have one question, i read all the readme file and there's this one line that said "All IOS have the Trucha Bug restored". well i ran both IOS checker 3a and 3b. and i don't have all Trucha Bug from IOS 37 through 70. glitch? thanks for helping.

happy hacking

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
izzydeank said:
da_letter_a

I posted this on another site but just in case you don't see it I'll post it here too. There's an easier fix for this problem. Just make sure the Nunchuk is UNPLUGGED before you start the game and don't plug it back in until it tells you too. Hope that helps and thanks again for cIOSCORP!

I also noticed that after you do this once you don't have to do it again. It will work even if the nunchuk is connected for now on. I have no idea why it works, but just passing it on.
Interesting. I'll try that soon.
TCJJ said:
#002 error still. Can't get Kamen Rider Climax Heroes W to work. I can boot it through Gecko OS fine though. I do have region-free in Preloader on, but it's just that #002 error. But since it's a newer game, it may be like Ghostbusters where, if you remove the #002 error, it won't work at all. Plus, it's one of the newer Wii ISOs that Wii Scrubber, the IOS Patcher and the Update Remover can't open properly.
Check that the "force discs to use IOS249" preloader hack is DISABLED.

As for the game not loading in wiiscrubber, that's really strange... are you sure it's not a bad dump?

ChokeD said:
It's people like you that clutter these forums with "I bricked my Wii cause ______" or " I THEN read the readme and it said" or "cIOSCORP sucks cause IT bricked my WII"

rawkSD is discussed in the readme, I suggest STRONGLY that you don't just "SKIM" through it.
Yes, like ChokeD said, I highly suggest you read the entire README, word for word, and you will find your answer.

QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Dec 20 2009, 01:02 PM) does installing the cios file 37 Bfix fix the out-of-date customs problem? i have a LU10 wii, so i MIGHT be able to install it...
It may, if it can work with your wii.
QUOTE(Adr990 @ Dec 20 2009, 08:30 PM)
Thanks A!

Great stuff.
smile.gif

Though I wonder how you did do the New Super Mario Bros. Wii stuff without a new cIOS or something..

Anyhow thanks! I was just to get over to a friend today. I can take this with me and update his Wii.
smile.gif
You need to patch the game's main.dol with vki's "nsmbxy" ppf patch, and it should work fine. That's what I did (I have the PAL version). here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbczmnm2hzz

NonaSuomi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I haven't seen this question asked or answered, but I've followed xzxero's guide up to finishing the entire "modify" step done, but the cIOSCORP installer will not run. I select it from the HBC, but it D/Cs any wiimotes then sits at a black screen until I hard reset the wii. I've gone and installed another copy of cIOS249rev14 over the existing one to check, so I know it's able to run, but I can't tell what's going wrong.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
da_letter_a said:
TCJJ said:
#002 error still. Can't get Kamen Rider Climax Heroes W to work. I can boot it through Gecko OS fine though. I do have region-free in Preloader on, but it's just that #002 error. But since it's a newer game, it may be like Ghostbusters where, if you remove the #002 error, it won't work at all. Plus, it's one of the newer Wii ISOs that Wii Scrubber, the IOS Patcher and the Update Remover can't open properly.
Check that the "force discs to use IOS249" preloader hack is DISABLED.

As for the game not loading in wiiscrubber, that's really strange... are you sure it's not a bad dump?

Thanks, I think that option was enabled, so I will check that. As for the Wii Scrubber problem, it also happened with the command line-based Update Remover and IOS Patcher, as well as the PPF patcher. I tried two versions of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, one copy of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, and Kamen Rider Climax Heroes W I got off Bitgamer. The latter works fine through Gecko OS though, so I'm sure I couldn't have had bad dumps all those times. Which is why, the last one I tried, Climax Heroes, I just decided to burn it and try. Like I said, it works, although not through the disc channel at the moment, but I will check that option.

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say that when trying to install this after uninstalling my old cioscorps it is consistently freezing up during installation. this is my 7th attempt to install it without it freezing up on me

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone?

I am the only one that this is happening to?

my 23rd attempt and it still freezes up during installation

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks as if I don't even need to install for it to freeze up.

I just left it at the opening warning screen before installation and it froze.

so it seems to freeze no matter what after a minute or so

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
try to use the automatic wad installer(batch wad installer) and rename the cioscorp wads folder to wad and install that way

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know what you speak of.

You mean use the WAD installer to install it myself one by one?

Because it only came with the uninstaller, extra installer, and main installer which does everything automatically as after renaming the folder to WAD I got an error from the main installer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk