Hacking CIOSCorp Channel Loading Issue

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, a while back I decided to catch my Wii back up to the softmod updates that have happened over the last few months, and used on of the nice little tutorials to update to 4.0U w/ CIOSCorp/Preloader .29. I do have a backup of my old 3.2U version thanks to BootMii, So I can start over if it annoys me enough, lol. I have CIOS Rev13A. Everything used to work fine prior to installing the mload 222/223 and the usb loaders, and since this is kind of isolated, I don't really see how they could be the cause. But anyway, I haven't play tested a whole lot of discs, but I am noticing that one of my older backup games is acting goofy. Guitar Hero World Tour throws a .001 Unauthorized device has been detected Error when loading thru the disc channel. So far this is the only game that does it. It does however play thru backup launchers. I am only softmodded, and can't quite figure out why it is doing it. I have read that the 001 error could be caused by CIOSCorp, but I haven't found confirmation, plus, like I said, it was working just fine before adding the USB Loaders and cios 222/223. Any help would be appreciated.

StevieD

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try reinstalling cios37.wad from the CIOSCorp package (version 1, not version 2 which is shite). I had the exact same problem, don't know what caused it, but after reinstalling cios37 everything worked. Failing that, try downloading the rawksd package and using the included patcher.

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StevieD said:
Try reinstalling cios37.wad from the CIOSCorp package (version 1, not version 2 which is shite). I had the exact same problem, don't know what caused it, but after reinstalling cios37 everything worked. Failing that, try downloading the rawksd package and using the included patcher.

Alright I will try that, Not sure if I can find version 1, but I will see what I can do and see if it possibly helps/works...Thanks for the advice...BTW the RAWKSD patcher didn't do anything for it... (and RAWKSD doesn't work for me either -- but the readme said it wouldn't so I am not too concerned..) also Rock Band 2 is throwing up what looks like the .002 error...which is weird...as I have that patched...but hey they all still run in by backup channels...Ah well, off to fiddle with this...thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn