Hacking cios dx2v10 still being developed?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just curious: is cios dx2v10 still being developed?

The latest commit (beta-v53) is from jan. 2014...... already 2.5 years ago

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not an answer to my question.
beta says (imo) : not finished, waiting for final commit.
So what about a v54 with the high compatibilty on nand emulation but with the 2 usb ports+plug-and-play?

PE6zcF6.png

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only good update I can see is to make the Wii U gamecube controller adapter compatible with Wii games.

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only good update I can see is to make the Wii U gamecube controller adapter compatible with Wii games.

Somehow I expect that to be quite a challenge, I don't expect the adapter to use the same hardware\chip as the orginal Wii with GC ports.
And with no native support tying it in with the whole system will take some work.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone,

I would also love to see 2dx cios become compatible with the Wii Speak USB accessory, which is supported by some games. The Wi U (vWii) would definitely benefit from this since there is actually a Hermes cios version compatible with Wii Speak but sadly it only works on Wii and NOT the vWii. It would be great just for the sake of functionality to have 2dxcios support Wii Speak, I am well aware that all the games that support Wii Speak can no longer have access to Nintendo's Wifi services and thus would seem to be such a waste of time and effort... but perhaps using Wiimmfi they could actually work.

Warm regards everyone!
Pepois

Last edited by Pepois,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Davebaol (the d2x developer) stopped working on it since "it works". I don't know if he is still active nor will have any will to continue working on that project.
cIOS could benefit from few things (like better usb3.0 drive init, better emuNAND and Ustealth compatibility for alt version, merge main and alt branches back together if alt is stable again), but will require a competent developer.

For now, you can consider v10 and v10-alt as Final and stable, as much stable as v8 final was for Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@