Hacking .cia I installed on emunand showing up on sysnand?

Sobekk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

I have an 8.1j n3ds running 9.5j emunand.

I installed mh4u via a cia file in emunand which works perfectly. However, whenever I turn on my system (before performing the OoT exploit), I see that there is a mh4u icon sitting there in my sysnand home screen.

I've kind of just been avoiding it and going about my business because I'm kind of scared of it tbh. Was wondering why this appeared there though. Should I be worried?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Leaving it there won't hurt anything. If you try to start it on sysNAND, it'll simply say you need to redownload it from the eShop (meaning it failed signature checks, which Gateway patches).

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if your sysnand is linked with your emunand and you download oot from eshop on emunand will it show on sysnand (and work since it should pass all of the signature checks)?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm not sure why you are 'scared' and 'worried' like you say.
if you honestly are, you need to become more brave.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure why you are 'scared' and 'worried' like you say.
if you honestly are, you need to become more brave.

thats easy said man...

sometimes i can't sleep at night, toss and turn. worrying about my sysnand on my ds.

try waking up in cold sweats after the most vivid nightmare about your emunand freezing.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay here's another question almost related to this : I unlinked my sysNAND from my emuNAND but whenever I set up an internet connection in emuNAND it appears on sysNAND and if I enable WiFi on emunand but disable it on sysNAND next time I boot into sysnand I see that WiFi is enabled. Is this supposed to happen?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here's another question almost related to this : I unlinked my sysNAND from my emuNAND but whenever I set up an internet connection in emuNAND it appears on sysNAND and if I enable WiFi on emunand but disable it on sysNAND next time I boot into sysnand I see that WiFi is enabled. Is this supposed to happen?
1. Not supposed to happen. Something is not right. Maybe you have Rabbids in your 3DS trying desperately to call home.
2. Wireless/nfc communications is a global system setting because there is no physical switch. So it is working as designed.

Did you pull the mSD when your formatted sysnand to unlink? You can try again.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Do you mean the actual wifi of the 3DS or a connection you've set up? If the former, that's normal; the wifi will stay on or off between NANDs. If the latter, delete the connection from sysNAND, and if your NANDs are unlinked, you should have no issues.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Not supposed to happen. Something is not right. Maybe you have Rabbids in your 3DS trying desperately to call home.
2. Wireless/nfc communications is a global system setting because there is no physical switch. So it is working as designed.

Did you pull the mSD when your formatted sysnand to unlink? You can try again.

Yes I'm pretty sure I did. I was pretty thorough. Also if my system wasn't unlinked I'd have to unwrap CIAs everytime I boot into emuNAND wouldn't I ? Because It doesn't happen.

Do you mean the actual wifi of the 3DS or a connection you've set up? If the former, that's normal; the wifi will stay on or off between NANDs. If the latter, delete the connection from sysNAND, and if your NANDs are unlinked, you should have no issues.

The actual WiFi connection of my N3DS on sysNAND gets enabled after I turn it on on emuNAND and the first connection of my emunand gets replicated to sysnand and it connects to internet.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm pretty sure I did. I was pretty thorough. Also if my system wasn't unlinked I'd have to unwrap CIAs everytime I boot into emuNAND wouldn't I ? Because It doesn't happen.

The actual WiFi connection of my N3DS on sysNAND gets enabled after I turn it on on emuNAND and the first connection of my emunand gets replicated to sysnand and it connects to internet.
The wifi enabled in both is to be expected. The copying of the Internet connection is not. I don't know if there is such a thing but it sounds like you are only partially unlinked.

Reactions: kheldar

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wifi enabled in both is to be expected. The copying of the Internet connection is not. I don't know if there is such a thing but it sounds like you are only partially unlinked.

This happens to me too, it's no worry. You just need to remember that any settings you change in emuNAND will get copied to your sysNAND. The more important thing to remember is if you EVER change your wifi settings in emuNAND immediatley once you get booted to sysNAND on exit, just go in and delete them. Don't disable, just delete it. It will still be present in emuNAND but sysNAND will not.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

For your first problem, fill your sysnand with 3 dummy connections, and it won't happen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it