Homebrew Chrono Trigger DS

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but it's not being picky...

This game has TONS of graphical glitches on the SNES emulator for DS...
Text color, text boxes, layers, sprites, menus... and many more. Seriously, it's not worth playing in these conditions.
I don't know if it comes from my flash card (EZflash V 3-in-1), but still...

And unfortunately, this is not the only game that has this kind of problems on this emulator.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Text color, text boxes, layers, sprites, menus... and many more. Seriously, it's not worth playing in these conditions.

And unfortunately, this is not the only game that has this kind of problems on this emulator.

Emulation, on any system, is NEVER easy, SNEmulDS is making decent progress, but if you want better compatibility with games contribute to the compatibility wiki.

And since when is Chrono Trigger ever 'Not Worth Playing'?
huh.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

SNEmulDS has been known to be a bitch on Slot-2 cards.
I see you're the person who whined about not having perfect compatibility for SNEmulDS.
dry.gif

@theclaw - Don't forget the PS1 loading times.
tongue.gif

~Nero

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play it on DS, but the little graphical errors (menu, text), and slowdown just bug me. Yea, I'm picky I know, it just doesn't feel right. Instead, I've been playing it on PSP. The graphics and such are pretty much perfect, but there's still a bit of slowdown. But, aside from playing the real cart, or a PC based emulator, I suppose this is as good as it gets. I also still have quite a few endings to see.

Just on a complete side note, try this speedhack in the snesadvance.dat file instead of your current one:
CODE2D206BF7|Chrono Trigger (U)|0|0|0|0|0|0|2034A=42FC,EC74=42DB,3DEAEF=42FC,D3E47=DBAB,D3B98=42D8,11C47=42
See if that makes a difference. One user reported faster speed and less sound skipping with this patch.

Zonix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I need answer on my question.

What are the "status" for the default setting. I played with the graphics because the graphics was crap. So I don't know if I have the default on, because I changed back everything to what it was. So what I'm wondering is what are the numbers and such for default setting? So I can check that mine is right.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to try SnezziDS, you need a slot-2 device with GBA compatibility. Otherwise, SNEmulDS will run the game the same on pretty much any homebrew device.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I can't seem to get Chrono Trigger to work on SNemulDS v0.6. I have a 3in1 and it is detected and used, but the game never starts, just gives me blank, white screens. And yes, I have my snemul.cfg in the root and my roms in the SNES folder. I recently tried replacing the ROM and have tried the Japanese and USA versions of the game with no luck. Any thoughts?

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Try editing the snemul.cfg file to not use the external RAM and see if that makes it unfreeze.
While looking through the file with DSOrganize to change what you suggested, I discovered that there are two ways the External RAM could be used. By changing from the default way to the "faster way," the game now plays. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
laugh.gif
I'll be sure to keep your suggestion in mind if anything else happens, though. Thanks!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't have the file open in front of me so I couldn't quite remember what the option was, but I knew there was an option to change the way RAM was used (if at all) and that it helped get other users up and running.

Glad you got it working.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting back to the poster that said about the PS1 version of CT, shouldn't loadtimes be improved on a PSP as it is on a flash-based hardware as opposed to optical media?

mesaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nero said:
Chrono Trigger on the PSP > Chrono Trigger on the DS. So if you can run the SNES emulator for PSP (sorry don't know the exact name), do so.

Well, it's not buggy at all, it's just graphically messed up in some places. So far it's only been the Magus fight, and Zeal has problems (You can't see it
laugh.gif
), but that can be easily fixed with the GFX Config.

~Nero

i noticed that the sound wasnt so good

but yeah it runs better on psp. Not only on the SNES emulator for PSP (the framerate lags in some places) but also if you run the playstation version, on firmware 3.71 m33-2 and up (pops 3.40 or 3.71+)

plus the larger screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/