ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
So far so good, using the code that Narin showed on this forum, the game doesn't glitch on me when I use the transporter.

DuDutZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine work just fine with Nerin cheat database.....
Try upgrading the OS first, then input Nerin Cheat Database to the MicroSD

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
You can get all of my patches here.

Also uploaded an archive with all patches in xdelta format..
Enjoy Chrono Trigger, so do I ^^

Narin is a beast!! Thanks for all your hard work, mate, we do appreciate it!!

grindbart said:
is there copy protection bypass cheatcode for m3 real??

Yes, there is, it's in the latest cheat database update!
Here you go!

523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

..Or just grab the M3 patch from the link posted above ;P

Danke dir~

benuneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this M3 patch fix the saving issue that I'm having or am I out of luck? I haven't heard of anyone else having a similar problem (the game locks up when saving - music continues but it never stops saying "Saving... Please don't turn off your DS" or whatever it says. I haven't even tried to get to the place where it locks up due to the copyright protection because if I can't save it doesn't matter.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
benuneko said:
Will this M3 patch fix the saving issue that I'm having or am I out of luck? I haven't heard of anyone else having a similar problem (the game locks up when saving - music continues but it never stops saying "Saving... Please don't turn off your DS" or whatever it says. I haven't even tried to get to the place where it locks up due to the copyright protection because if I can't save it doesn't matter.

I dunno... Haven't heard of such an issue before. Try redumping your rom from your original cartridge (*cough*aka redownloading in legal-ish*cough*) and patching it with the M3 patcher, or entering the AR cheatcode posted above. Also make sure you got the latest M3 firmware/kernel.

benuneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that patch - yours is the only one I haven't tried yet. I don't know how to enter AR cheatcodes. Where do I get the update to the M3 firmware? Sorry I'm such an idiot on these things - I really just bought my M3 Real at the recommendation of a friend and have just been dragging and dropping stuff onto it to play it. Thanks for your patience and help.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
benuneko said:
I'll try that patch - yours is the only one I haven't tried yet. I don't know how to enter AR cheatcodes. Where do I get the update to the M3 firmware? Sorry I'm such an idiot on these things - I really just bought my M3 Real at the recommendation of a friend and have just been dragging and dropping stuff onto it to play it. Thanks for your patience and help.

No prob.
wink.gif

I don't own an M3 flashcard, so I guess you could either try the official site or the GBAtemp Downloads M3 Subsection over here.
As for cheatcodes, you just get the latest database file at http://cheats.gbatemp.net.. There's a guide on the forums, the Search button is our friend ;D

PS: This thread is solely about the USA version of the rom, all cheatcodes and fixes posted apply only for the USA version. Just make sure you apply the patch on the Chrono Trigger U rom, rename it to chrono.nds and patch it or learn how to apply cheatcodes and use the one posted for M3 users
smile.gif

Thanks for reading~

Mutenroushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
benuneko said:

Benuneko!
I'm having the same problem as you! I got the rom and put on my M3 Real, after some freezes on the saving process, I came to this site and downloaded the cheat.DB from Narin's page. I put it on the system folder of my card and runned the game using the GM manager.
I tried to use the
M3 fix
the non-m3 fix
and the two codes together.

None of them prevented the freeze on saving progress.

I tested going over the portal to see if the game would crash, but it worked normal. I was able to go to the midle age with no problem, but I still can't save my game.

flywithme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for all who make this happened!
However, I am getting a little confused with so many replies...
I need some help:
So which patch works for DSTT?

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
flywithme said:
Thanks for all who make this happened!
However, I am getting a little confused with so many replies...
I need some help:
So which patch works for DSTT?

For DSTT you got three options..

1. Not patching the rom at all and activating the non-M3 cheatcode, which is included in the latest cheat database.
2. Using the xdelta patch for DSTT submitted by "cracker" (the maker of DSATM, which I used to make my patches), located here.
3. Using my patcher for DSTT, located here. (Just name the rom chrono.nds and put it in the same folder as the patcher.)

I'd say trust cracker on this, he seems to have DSTT, while I don't so I relied on user input for testing...

flywithme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
1ns0mn14 said:

1. Not patching the rom at all and activating the non-M3 cheatcode, which is included in the latest cheat database.
2. Using the xdelta patch submitted by "cracker" (the maker of DSATM, which I used to make my patches), located here.
3. Using my patcher, located here. (Just name the rom chrono.nds and put it in the same folder as the patcher.)

I got my rom from romulation: 3055_-_Chrono_Trigger_(U)(Xenophobia).rar
Followed your instruction and tested on DSTT firmware v1.16,
it fails to load: Load Rom errcode=5

cracker's Patch uses a different rom dump, it fails the hash check on my rom, not sure which version of dump he uses.

PsFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks be to narin!!! that was really quick i was just adding the US fix o Chrono Trigger to the previous cheat.dat db and here you are with another update. More Power!!

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
flywithme said:
Followed your instructionand tested on DSTT firmware v1.16, it fails to load:
Load Rom errcode=5

cracker's Patch uses a different rom dump, it fails the hash check on my rom, not sure which version of dump he uses.

Well, since option 2 and 3 don't work out for you, you could try option 1. ;P
It might mean I have to take down my DSTT patch, since you say it's not working. Try getting in touch with cracker, he made a post on page 2 or 3..
I made clear that I haven't tested it myself. All I know is that the R4 and M3 versions work
(though some M3 users are complaining about a saving issue, which is weird, since I don't remember seeing anything like that when the Japanese version was out.)

flywithme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
1ns0mn14 said:
Well, since option 2 and 3 don't work out for you, you could try option 1. ;P
It might mean I have to take down my DSTT patch, since you say it's not working. Try getting in touch with cracker, he made a post on page 2 or 3..
I made clear that I haven't tested it myself. All I know is that the R4 and M3 versions work
(though some M3 users are complaining about a saving issue, which is weird, since I don't remember seeing anything like that when the Japanese version was out.)

Thanks anyway!
You did great job!
I am looking for cracker's rom dump source, wanna test it out =)

ibison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I own a M3DSReal and got the cheat from Narin. The game was working fine, but when i entered the gate to leave the future
(after Robo joins the party), the screen just turned black. I had the fix cheat activated. Did this happen to someone else in the same part of the game?

Thanks a lot!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: I tried again and it worked. go figure...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flywithme said:
1ns0mn14 said:

2. Using the xdelta patch submitted by "cracker" (the maker of DSATM, which I used to make my patches), located here.
3. Using my patcher, located here. (Just name the rom chrono.nds and put it in the same folder as the patcher.)

I dunno WTF went on with my previous patch since I can't find even find the .nds with that hash now.
wacko.gif
I uploaded the good patch.
wink.gif

flywithme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
cracker said:
flywithme said:
1ns0mn14 said:

I dunno WTF went on with my previous patch since I can't find even find the .nds with that hash now.
wacko.gif
I uploaded the good patch.
wink.gif

Great news!
Thanks a lot!
Can you post your link after you've done uploading pls...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.