ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
anyone know if cyclod's newest firmware already applied for the amercian crono trigger security?

no
the USA version will need to get fix in a FW update
or
you can use the code

thx for the codes( all that help make it)
will wait for the full DB update to use it

JeffForSale

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strange, i used the urscheat.dat linked above and enabled it on my R4..and it still hangs on the first portal
frown.gif

silverbx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*EDIT: I solved my problem on my own. This should help people who can't wait for Narin's Update.

This is a small short guide to add this cheat to your usrcheat.dat file. Using the R4CCE.
(Note: I use an R4).
1. Open the R4CCE program and load your usrcheat.dat file.
2. Click "Add Game" button, and add your rom file. Or enter the game ID provided below.
(Game ID = YQUE 0B43DC74)
3. Give it the title: "Chrono Trigger (U)".
4. Click the "Enable Game" Box, and leave the master code as it is.
5. Click the "Add Code" button along the top. Give your Code a title and description.
6. Click on the "Code Enable" box.
7. Copy & Paste this Code in the "Code list box".

0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

8. Now go to: Item ---> Sort Games ---> By Title.
9. Save the usrcheat.dat file. And upload it to the correct directory folder on your microSD card.
(For the R4 put it in your "_system_" folder).
10. Load your game using the R4, go to the cheat menu, and make sure it is enabled. Save and exit.
11. Now simple play your game like you normally would. Enjoy, as it now will not freeze.

Special Thanks to those who Provided the Code and tested it in the first place: Narin, Gelu, Normatt, Curly, Elixerdreams, SCV, Urza, LiquidManZero, and SignZ.

Hope this helps, because it certainly did for me. Thank you again, to those who brought to us the "PiracyFix Cheat".

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
@DSTT/TTDS users (and possibly other card users)
Do NOT use the XPA fix (xpa-ctuf.ppf). It will trash your microSD! Get the patch here.

@Narin:
Glad to see you're still in the community.
grog.gif

Ok, once I download that where do I put it? How do I add to my cheat thing if I need to?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
anyone know if cyclod's newest firmware already applied for the amercian crono trigger security?
It was released for the Japanese version only so I doubt it. Just wait for Narin's cheat update tonight, in the meanwhile play as far as you can until the piracy check.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Made a quick fix using DSATM, tested the patched rom on my R4, works like a charm~ (no crashes in warp sequence and Cathedral scene)
Thought I'd make a small one-click patcher for y'all
smile.gif

So here ya go!

This is a non-M3/Sakura fix (at least that's what I imagine after seeing there were alternate fix codes for M3s for the Japanese version of the rom as well)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5hyxmzxmm

You may notice the patcher has a slight Chrono Trigger flavor
smile.gif

I just love that tune!!

Instructions:
1. Unpack the patcher
2. Place rom in same directory as patcher
3. Rename rom to chrono.nds
4. Run the patch
5. Enjoy!

Feel free to comment/report if it worked for you.

Should work fine with an untrimmed US dump *cough*Xenophobia*cough*
wink.gif

All thanks go to Narin for the code, cracker for the amazing DSATM, the xdelta team, diablo2oo2 for dUP2 ;D
..and this amazing community I just can't live without, ever since I got a DS
smile.gif

ellichan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm entering it into No$Gba doesn't seem to work. Is there any reason why? I'm going to buy the game (if I don't get it for X-Mas), and I have the PSX version, I am playing the Japanese ROM btw.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ellichan said:
Hmmm entering it into No$Gba doesn't seem to work. Is there any reason why? I'm going to buy the game (if I don't get it for X-Mas), and I have the PSX version, I am playing the Japanese ROM btw.

Firstly, the code is only for the US version. So is this thread.
The Japanese codes are also only for the Japanese version as well!

Secondly, as far as I know, the crashes only appear when you play the game on a flashcard,
if you're just emulating it on your computer you won't need to fix anything...

At last that's what I've heard
tongue.gif

Chrona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know around what time Narin's cheat.dat update will be up?

I'd just use the urscheat.dat, but I figured I haven't updated my cheat.dat in months, might as well get the whole thing

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saiken122 said:
has anyone tried making chrono trigger to work on the EDGE card ?

Can someone make this into a ppf patch file so we won't have to use cheats everytime we start the game?

Also when you edit your cheat.dat file, how can you alphabetize it so you won't need to move the game all the way up back into ABC order by hand?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1ns0mn14 said:
Made a quick fix using DSATM, tested the patched rom on my R4, works like a charm~ (no crashes in warp sequence and Cathedral scene)
Thought I'd make a small one-click patcher for y'all
smile.gif

So here ya go!

This is a non-M3/Sakura fix (at least that's what I imagine after seeing there were alternate fix codes for M3s for the Japanese version of the rom as well)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5hyxmzxmm

You may notice the patcher has a slight Chrono Trigger flavor
smile.gif

I just love that tune!!

Instructions:
1. Unpack the patcher
2. Place rom in same directory as patcher
3. Rename rom to chrono.nds
4. Run the patch
5. Enjoy!

Feel free to comment/report if it worked for you.

Should work fine with an untrimmed US dump *cough*Xenophobia*cough*
wink.gif

i tried, i can boot the unpatched game, but i cant even boot the patched game. using supercard with DSTT menu.

i guess my last resort is to use the cheat codes like im supposed to:). its been a while, hope i can figure out how to add cheats again, lol.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
silvershadow said:
i tried, i can boot the unpatched game, but i cant even boot the patched game. using supercard with DSTT menu.

i guess my last resort is to use the cheat codes like im supposed to:). its been a while, hope i can figure out how to add cheats again, lol.

are you certain you did the renaming part correct? :S
..you did transfer the chrono-patched.nds, right?? final filesize should be 88.321.856 bytes
If the rom isn't in the same folder as the patcher, or isn't named chrono.nds, the patcher still generates the chrono-patched.nds, only it's a zero byte file ;P

Which dump did you apply it on? Was it the Xenophobia one or another/your personal? Filesize should be 134.217.728 bytes

Well, it might just be DSTT's fault. I made another patcher, this time I enabled the DSTT option which is included in the newest version of DSATM..
You could try it and tell me if it works...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ax4itjmz03w

This patcher is intended for DSTT users, USA version clean dump of the rom.. Instructions are same as above. Not tested yet, since I only have an R4 to work with.....

Hope it helps~
(use cracker's NEW working DSTT fix)

QUOTE(Dsparil @ Nov 27 2008, 04:03 AM) So is the save file from the Japanese version compatible with the USA version?

I just renamed my Japanese version save to the US rom filename (except from the extension of course) and it loaded just fine..
smile.gif

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey. I've been trying to get this rom working and so far I can't seem to do so. Firstly, I downloaded the 3054 - Chrono Trigger USA (Xenophobia) rom. Then grabbed Chrono Trigger-U Fix R4DS this patch. I followed the instructions like 4 times. I'm using an M3 DS Real with the G6&M3DS-R_E34 firmware which I believe is the most current.

When I try to boot the patched game I get to the screen "Save file does not exist. Creating save file..." and then it hangs. Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem with the M3 firmware specifically? Is there another alternative that I haven't tried?

ellichan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ns0mn14 said:
ellichan said:

Firstly, the code is only for the US version. So is this thread.
The Japanese codes are also only for the Japanese version as well!

Secondly, as far as I know, the crashes only appear when you play the game on a flashcard,
if you're just emulating it on your computer you won't need to fix anything...

At last that's what I've heard
tongue.gif

No it hangs on No$Gba as well. (I think someone might be getting me a flash card for X-Mas but I'm not sure)

Anyway, shooshoo, it does that for No$Gba as well and it continued to crash it so yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche