Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking into chiptune music for awhile now, but can't seem to find any emulators. Does anybody know where I can find a good NES chiptune emulator so I can make some of my own music on my computer?

EDIT:
Just found one that's quite nice. Famitracker. If anybody else has others, please post.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you'd be looking for a sequencer or tracker or w/e.

if you happen to have a psp theres PSPSeq which is kinda fun to mess around with.
also there's mario paint composer for pc...

lol i don't know much about things like these but I'm interested too.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm with you. I'm completely new to this, but I'm completely willing to learn. I've listened to some awesome chiptunes and it would be cool to make some of my own. Just look up famitracker on youtube and you'll see that people make some pretty deep music.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go get yourself a copy of Little Sound DJ, the best Gameboy tracker around. It's only a penny now through paypal, but it's totally worth giving them a few bucks for. I spent $6 on it. It's a gameboy rom you can run in an emulator, or if you're really hardcore, get an old school GB flash cart and flasher (45 and 70 respectively I believe) and load it up on the gameboy itself.

Also, the Gameboy Camera has a really cool DJ app. It's really simple and easy to use, and all the terminology in it is really functional in that what you learn in that can later be applied to a more serious app like LSDJ.

I've actually be getting into this myself recently. I don't really wanna touch the NES, but the Gameboy seems so much sexier.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I can understand finally how trackers work but I cant MAKE any kind of groovy chiptune music with it, any tutorial/advice?

p.s. does anyone have links to instrument files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8