Hacking Cheats with Configurable USB Loader

serpentine5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found out that you can run cheats on your backed up games. So I have been doing some reading and trying to figure out what steps I need to take to be able to use cheats. I am focusing right now on Super Mario Bros for the Wii.
I went to gechocodes dot org and downloaded the GCT file. do I upload this file to the SD card, or to the HD? and how is it supposed to be filed?
I did search the forum and all I could find was a thread about usb loader gt and cheats, nothingabout cheats with the configurable usb loader.
Thanks very much for any and all help.
Serp

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if your running games off USB, use configurable USB loader, get your wifi on, put a SD card in your Wii, and as you pick your game in Configurable USB loader, in the games options, scroll down to ocarina, choose on, scroll down to download cheats, click it to DL the game cheats, then choose what cheats you want enabled, click save as GCT to SD, then start the game by pressing A.
That is the easiest way to play with cheats.......

serpentine5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are kidding me... that easy... very cool. will go up and try it.
BTW, I have never been into the whole pirate thing.... but your pic is making me thing twice... lol
THanks, will hit back with my results.
Serp

serpentine5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked great. thank you bro. being a total noob to the wii mods (i paid a local guy to create my set up so I would not have to deal with all the discs') but he did not teach me much about the internal workings of the system.

On a side note for anyone reading this.... I dont know about any other games, but the Super Mario Bros for the Wii glitches when you have cheats activated (thinking it is either the all items cheat or the costume cheat) that glitches whenever you take a power up from the game world from a ? box... my system locks up and gives a high pitched whine.... So as long as I dont take any power ups... all is good.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy offline way to dowload and use cheats? I have configurable usb loader, but no WIFI. I can install to my SD card from the PC which is connected via ethernet. The PC is my only online access.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to go here: http://www.wiitdb.com/
and put these cheats onto your SD card and/or your usb drive in a folder called codes, using cheatmanager, google it. and learn how to use it.
then in CFG usb loader, scroll down to cheats or ocarina, choose yes, hopefully you'll have cheats working in no time.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cheatmanager is really outdated, u want to use AccioHacks

You can download cheats using ModMii (see my signature) on your PC (so u don't need wifi on your Wii)

From the main menu, enter "2", then "CC" to mark Cheat Codes for download, then "AC" to also mark AccioHacks for download, then "D" to download

Just an FYI, it takes a looooong time to download all the cheats... like 30 minutes... it takes awhile even if u have a fast connection. But the files themselves are small (all cheats combined are prolly 5-10 MBs). If you want to speed up the process, before downloading cheats, From ModMii's main menu, go to the "O" Options page, then enter "CC" to get to the following page

ulwl2.jpg

then you can change the region of games to download cheats for, as well as the type of games to download cheats for. If you reduce the amount of cheats to download, it will obviously take less time to download them all!

PS. wiitdb doesn't have cheats... just covers, for cheats the website you want is to use is http://www.geckocodes.org/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.