Hacking cheating or hacking in general dumped games?

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I like to cheat. LOL, okey it saves alot of time, adding gold or whatever small thing that doesn't break the game.

So I'm wondering, how do I export a savefile from a dumped game so I can use an editor with it?

Take final fantasy x for example, I have both digital and dumped so either one works but I would like to use the editor provided in the sticky henkaku vpk list.

Thanks in advance!

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't cheated in FFX, but I did in a couple other games. What I did was use save manager to dump my game save to modify.

Then I would copy it to my PC and open it with a hex editor and change some suspicious looking hex offsets. Then I would copy it back to my vita and use Save manager to import it to the game.

Once that was done, I would open the game and see if I had changed anything -- if not, I'd go back and edit hex offsets again.

One recommendation I would say is to look for the hex value of the current money or hp of your characters. The higher the number, the easier it is to find via hex.

Last edited by Fugelmir,
Reactions: Sphere

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't cheated in FFX, but I did in a couple other games. What I did was use save manager to dump my game save to modify.

Then I would copy it to my PC and open it with a hex editor and change some suspicious looking hex offsets. Then I would copy it back to my vita and use Save manager to import it to the game.

Once that was done, I would open the game and see if I had changed anything -- if not, I'd go back and edit hex offsets again.

One recommendation I would say is to look for the hex value of the current money or hp of your characters. The higher the number, the easier it is to find via hex.

Ehm, this sounds like trouble, hex? Que? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks for helping!

rimka06510

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ehm, this sounds like trouble, hex? Que? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks for helping!
You can mod "Shovel Knight" its really easy ,you need : rinCheat, 1)Run the game and create a profil,2)use rinCheat for export decrypted gamesave,3)Run vitashell and go to ux0 data>rinCheat>PCSE00640_SAVEDATA>"saveData.bin",4)Now you can press "X" on the Bin file and it's ok you just need to replace the value. Exemple : uPlayerMoney_1=change 1 by "999999" or uAchievementUnlocked="1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1" press "circle" and save. You can modify many thing,after that run the game,use rinCheat import savedata and its good ;),some games can be modded with the save after export decrypte.Sorry bad english ;)

Last edited by rimka06510,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by askara,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can you tell me how to use it? also doesnt work on God eater since it cant find the save file
I haven't tried on God eater but so far it worked for Persona 4G, Trails of Cold steel, Atelier Rorona.

1. Use the Gohan 2.0 ver, not the parallel one. This version should auto detect which games are on your SD
2.Install the vpk then open the bubble. Scroll down to your game. Use left/right to change mode: Genuine play/modify OR Piracy play/modify.
If you are using dumped games on the internet, choose Piracy modify. Press Start. It should open your game's menu task and boot into the modify screen.
3. Left+ Select to back up your save. If something happens and the save is corrupted, Right+Select to restore.
4. You can use the touch screen to move to the box you want. There's a game list on the left. If yours isn't on it then choose No Checksum
5. Touch "file A" box. Use up/down to scroll to your desired save (savedat.000) for example. Then use like cheat engine, input the value and byte type.
If you want to find money and it's 999, then input 999, 4 byte, touch Search, press Start.
6. The box "DataAddress" shows the results in decimal. Up/down to see different results. If there's only 1 then bravo you found it.
7. Touch "changeto" box, input any value you want, touch Apply, press Start. Done.
8. Open Gohan again, scroll to your game, choose Piracy Play. Press Start. Game should launch now. Check your save and see if you got it right. If it's corrupted, restore it with R+select.

In case the search gives too many different results and you don't know which is correct, use the box "file B" too. Tick the small box first. Basically it allows you to search for an address using two different saves. If you have money value 1000 in save000 and 700 in save001, input the according values then search again.

Reactions: askara

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried on God eater but so far it worked for Persona 4G, Trails of Cold steel, Atelier Rorona.

1. Use the Gohan 2.0 ver, not the parallel one. This version should auto detect which games are on your SD
2.Install the vpk then open the bubble. Scroll down to your game. Use left/right to change mode: Genuine play/modify OR Piracy play/modify.
If you are using dumped games on the internet, choose Piracy modify. Press Start. It should open your game's menu task and boot into the modify screen.
3. Left+ Select to back up your save. If something happens and the save is corrupted, Right+Select to restore.
4. You can use the touch screen to move to the box you want. There's a game list on the left. If yours isn't on it then choose No Checksum
5. Touch "file A" box. Use up/down to scroll to your desired save (savedat.000) for example. Then use like cheat engine, input the value and byte type.
If you want to find money and it's 999, then input 999, 4 byte, touch Search, press Start.
6. The box "DataAddress" shows the results in decimal. Up/down to see different results. If there's only 1 then bravo you found it.
7. Touch "changeto" box, input any value you want, touch Apply, press Start. Done.
8. Open Gohan again, scroll to your game, choose Piracy Play. Press Start. Game should launch now. Check your save and see if you got it right. If it's corrupted, restore it with R+select.

In case the search gives too many different results and you don't know which is correct, use the box "file B" too. Tick the small box first. Basically it allows you to search for an address using two different saves. If you have money value 1000 in save000 and 700 in save001, input the according values then search again.

thanks. although this doesnt work on god eater, because it cant find save.dat but otherwise work fine for trails of cold steel

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks. although this doesnt work on god eater, because it cant find save.dat but otherwise work fine for trails of cold steel
Yeah mb you should keep an eye on that thread to check for any updates. Still this is much simpler to use than rinCheat or whatever requires dumping, modifying and transferring back.

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I will try this with FFX, my current gold is 244 so I will try and search for that tonight!

Thanks for info!

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to cheat FF X and borderlands 2?
I have both legal and dumped version but can't get neither to work. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your game is supported on PS3 and PSvita with cross save, i use Game genie for ps3 :)
http://thegamegenie.com

Is basically a save editor for PS3 games, I used it for games like Blazblue continumm shift extend on PS3 and then transfer save to vita with cross save. Works with metal gear solid HD collection and others. It has simple mode where you just pick from available codes or you can find, and edit your own, with built in hex editor (EXPERT) Modes.

But if you want the free method, i guess you would need to use rincheat or somehow unencrypt save data and manually do such things.

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sold my ps3 ages ago unfortunately, I cant get rincheat or gohen? gohan? to work. Doesnt find any value

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to use rincheat to dump my save but it didn't work, when I open it with HxD it looks encrypted to me, with alot of ...... ?? and other signs.

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure since I've never done it before but on a youtube tuturial I could read Player_HP= and Currency= and etc, where he just changed the numbers and voila!

On mine I open HxD and searched for "244" which was my currency value, found something that looked like a "ö" changed value to 2000 next to the "ö" on the right side, saved. FTPed over and imported the save, but no extra currency.

On gohan 2.0 I searched for this value too and it didnt find anything on 4bit / 4byte? but did find on 1byte but there it found 2 values so I never changed anything there.

Not sure how to do this, first time!

GanglyFever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure since I've never done it before but on a youtube tuturial I could read Player_HP= and Currency= and etc, where he just changed the numbers and voila!

On mine I open HxD and searched for "244" which was my currency value, found something that looked like a "ö" changed value to 2000 next to the "ö" on the right side, saved. FTPed over and imported the save, but no extra currency.

On gohan 2.0 I searched for this value too and it didnt find anything on 4bit / 4byte? but did find on 1byte but there it found 2 values so I never changed anything there.

Not sure how to do this, first time!

Follow this tutorial, it tells you how to use the FFX save editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr