Hacking cheapr4i.com

missy71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i am new to this website, my name is Sandra and i was wondering if anyone had experienced problems with this website cheapr4i.com. after my son updated his NDS XL his R4gold card would not work so i set about researching which card would best suit the new version 1.4.4e. i had read some comments on here before i used cheapr4i.com them and trusted what i read and so i chose to buy from the website but i have had a catalogue of disaster ever since.....

ordered and paid for item on 19.7.2012. rec'd an item shipped email the next day. the item was needed fast hence why i used them as the website says UK based and quotes shipping up to 6 days so i was very happy UNTIL i asked for the tracking number, and found it was a fake one. then i was told it hadn't been shipped, then told it had been shipped and must of got lost. then i was told it was shipped from singapore as the UK warehouse was closed for the olympics. then i'm told a replacement item has been shipped from singapore and given yet another fake tracking number and told it will take up to 18days to arrive. the delivery service, (singpost) have said both times the tracking number is not genuine. so, as of 04.08.2012 i have no item, i'm £26 out of pocket and if i'm lucky to get an email reply it's babbled with really bad english and full of false sincerity and promises. i am currently trying to find out how i can obtain my money back... sadly i don't hold out much hope of that though! i really do not know what to do next

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I find this surprising, as i have used cheapr4i.com on a couple of occassions without any problems, and i refer them.

I have heard that due to the olympics they have stopped operating from London, as for a tracking number, they offer free postage so a tracking number wouldn't apply.

I can not speak for their singapore operation, but i would be shocked if you didn't receive your item.

missy71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i opted for royal mail recorded delivery so p+p was charged at £3. i wanted to be able to track it and have a more likely chance of it actually arriving.
if it has been sent it should be here by 15.08.2012 but as they have fobbed me off and keep changing their story and are now blanking me i have zero faith in this company.
even if it does arrive i would strongly recommend doing your homework before giving any money to these guys. as i said in my opening post, i opted to use them as i had read several times on here that people had used them with no problems. i needed the item ideally within 6days and they offered that option.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
i opted for royal mail recorded delivery so p+p was charged at £3. i wanted to be able to track it and have a more likely chance of it actually arriving.
if it has been sent it should be here by 15.08.2012 but as they have fobbed me off and keep changing their story and are now blanking me i have zero faith in this company.
even if it does arrive i would strongly recommend doing your homework before giving any money to these guys. as i said in my opening post, i opted to use them as i had read several times on here that people had used them with no problems. i needed the item ideally within 6days and they offered that option.

I and a few others have reported to have had no problems with using cheapr4i.com, this is why i am so surprised you have.

I don't know when they stopped using their London base due to the Olympics, but i can only assume this has something to do with your experience.

Please leave an update here on your thread to say whether you did or didn't receive your order from them.

missy71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i will definitely update this thread should the item arrive or not by the alloted time scale. they have quoted 12-18days, i am edging on the side of caution and going on the 18th day.
i was lead to believe the London warehouse closed just before i placed my order. This info should be stated clearly at the point of ordering brfore customers hit the payment button.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
i will definitely update this thread should the item arrive or not by the alloted time scale. they have quoted 12-18days, i am edging on the side of caution and going on the 18th day.
i was lead to believe the London warehouse closed just before i placed my order. This info should be stated clearly at the point of ordering brfore customers hit the payment button.

Thank you for the information provided, i hope, and i'm sure you will receive your item.

EDIT: I have done a copy and paste of your first post and sent that in an email, and have asked cheapr4i for an explanation.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Like i said in my previous post, i emailed them to ask about your case and i've received a reply today.

It says you have received your item, i thought you would of as i've found them to be excellent.

You were just unlucky to have ordered your item when they closed their London operation due to the Olympics.

Here's a copy and paste of the email i received.

Dear customer
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience,i tacked RF112706345SG on www.singpost.com,it said product arrived.

kind regards

[email protected]

missy71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Like i said in my previous post, i emailed them to ask about your case and i've received a reply today.

It says you have received your item, i thought you would of as i've found them to be excellent.

You were just unlucky to have ordered your item when they closed their London operation due to the Olympics.

Dear customer
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience,i tacked RF112706345SG on www.singpost.com,it said product arrived.

kind regards

[email protected]

Yes, indeed it did arrive but i have been in hospital for almost a week again so this is my first day home in front of a computer.

I found it worrying that you can contact a company about a person and their order, with no known personal details and/or order details from me, (the customer) and still be able to get information about an order i placed despite not having any relevant tracking information. It's strange how they can tell you my order has been delivered when you are not me and cannot supply, (because i have not divulged it on here), my real name and postal address details, email address etc etc i suspect you work for the company and that is maybe why you speak so highly of them?? either that or i am the only customer they have had in the last 30days and that is why they know exactly where to find the information. whatever happened to the data protection act? No company should be liasing with a 3rd party without consent from the customer? I appreciate your support and advice but can't help but think there is something fishy going on here regarding CheapR4i.com

I for one will NEVER recommend them and here are my reasons...

1. Misleading website re: items location and delivery times. it suggests UK warehouse and 6days delivery when actually it is in singapore and takes 18days to arrive ONCE they have shipped it, which took a further 7days for that to happen!
2. customer service is dire, i still await a reply to 4 emails i sent to them.
3. They lie about shipping, change their story 3 times and give out 2 tracking numbers which are not consistent with any trackable references on Singpost.coms website and i have emailed confirmation from Singpost.com to clarify this.
4. the card is preloaded with 50 games which would be great BUT the ones my son was excited about having do not work even though they are visibly loaded on the card if viewed on a computer. 11 do not work and 6 are in a foreign language which has no settings to be changed!
5. IF you don't work for them i am disgusted that they are willing to divulge another persons order information with a 3rd party!

So, that's the end of that. the item did arrive, caused a lot of stress to me and disappointment to my young son in the process and i would strongly recommend paying a bit more and using a reputable company, especially if you want the item in the quoted time on the website.
Thank you and good bye :-)

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Dear customer

kind regards

[email protected]

Yes, indeed it did arrive but i have been in hospital for almost a week again so this is my first day home in front of a computer.

I found it worrying that you can contact a company about a person and their order, with no known personal details and/or order details from me, (the customer) and still be able to get information about an order i placed despite not having any relevant tracking information. It's strange how they can tell you my order has been delivered when you are not me and cannot supply, (because i have not divulged it on here), my real name and postal address details, email address etc etc i suspect you work for the company and that is maybe why you speak so highly of them?? either that or i am the only customer they have had in the last 30days and that is why they know exactly where to find the information. whatever happened to the data protection act? No company should be liasing with a 3rd party without consent from the customer? I appreciate your support and advice but can't help but think there is something fishy going on here regarding CheapR4i.com

I for one will NEVER recommend them and here are my reasons...

1. Misleading website re: items location and delivery times. it suggests UK warehouse and 6days delivery when actually it is in singapore and takes 18days to arrive ONCE they have shipped it, which took a further 7days for that to happen!
2. customer service is dire, i still await a reply to 4 emails i sent to them.
3. They lie about shipping, change their story 3 times and give out 2 tracking numbers which are not consistent with any trackable references on Singpost.coms website and i have emailed confirmation from Singpost.com to clarify this.
4. the card is preloaded with 50 games which would be great BUT the ones my son was excited about having do not work even though they are visibly loaded on the card if viewed on a computer. 11 do not work and 6 are in a foreign language which has no settings to be changed!
5. IF you don't work for them i am disgusted that they are willing to divulge another persons order information with a 3rd party!

So, that's the end of that. the item did arrive, caused a lot of stress to me and disappointment to my young son in the process and i would strongly recommend paying a bit more and using a reputable company, especially if you want the item in the quoted time on the website.
Thank you and good bye :-)

My first reaction to your post was a giggle due to you saying you "suspect i work for the company".

I speak so highly of them because i have made a couple of purchases with them and i received an excellent service, in fact, my first purchase from them was with free delivery and i received my item the next day.

I have never had next day delivery before, so that was what impressed me with them.

They only told me that you had received your item because of the way i worded my email to them on your behalf.

Anyway, if you are not happy with purchasing again from them, no problem here, that's up to you.

Well this little escapade has certainly changed my view of trying to help someone out, i'll make sure i don't do it again.

EDIT: btw i also recommend a brand of microSD, so does that mean i work for that company?

Oh no i cant possibly do the two jobs at once, i guess i must own the company then.

Don't bother replying to this post as i have nothing further to say to you

Kelvin Willshee

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody know their business address in the UK? I want to return a faulty Acekard 2i to them for a refund but they don't list their postal address on their website. All attempts at contacting them via email seem futile too. There isn't a phone number mentioned anywhere either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM