cheapest place to get gbc?

Ace212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that a website or a place? if its a website or if it has a website can i please have a link?

It is a physical place. A swap meet is like a buy/trade center, with people who go there to set up a shop and sell some of their stuff. Generally if you find a seller that is pretty clueless about what they have you can find some pretty cool stuff. No guarantee that there will be one in your area, as its a temporary event thing. You can also try garage/yard sales.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My drawer. There are a bunch in there.

More seriously hunt around yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets and such places. Depending upon where you are (more populated is better is but you face competition) then you will often find such things around there (you may have to ask), though right now it is late in the year and not so many people are doing such things. Ebay, amazon and the like people seem to have bumped the price for reasons I am never sure about (retro seems to be cool again) and seem to want around $25 USD for anything common and more if it is rarer colour, I did not even look to see what the lit screen model that appeared in Japan goes for. Likewise I am not sure what goes as far aftermarket screen backlights/frontlights for the SP.

Alternative. The GBA SP is basically the same form factor, plays the games (including link games), has a light in the screen (original GBA does not unless you add one) and is more readily available. Bonus if you don't care for link games is GBA flash carts can emulate the GB/GBC pretty well and GBA flash carts are easy enough to get and use.

You might find some GB/GBC clones out there in the world. I am not sure I can suggest any of them at this point, a pity really as that would be nice.

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My drawer. There are a bunch in there.

More seriously hunt around yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets and such places. Depending upon where you are (more populated is better is but you face competition) then you will often find such things around there (you may have to ask), though right now it is late in the year and not so many people are doing such things. Ebay, amazon and the like people seem to have bumped the price for reasons I am never sure about (retro seems to be cool again) and seem to want around $25 USD for anything common and more if it is rarer colour, I did not even look to see what the lit screen model that appeared in Japan goes for. Likewise I am not sure what goes as far aftermarket screen backlights/frontlights for the SP.

Alternative. The GBA SP is basically the same form factor, plays the games (including link games), has a light in the screen (original GBA does not unless you add one) and is more readily available. Bonus if you don't care for link games is GBA flash carts can emulate the GB/GBC pretty well and GBA flash carts are easy enough to get and use.

You might find some GB/GBC clones out there in the world. I am not sure I can suggest any of them at this point, a pity really as that would be nice.
the prices of gameboys and pokemon games have went up since the launch of pokemon go

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a GBA SP at a yard sale for $5, they even threw in a charger for free! I've purchased 2 GB Colors at garage sales for the same price as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol