satopunch89

In a galaxy, slightly too far away...
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what would the cheapest (but still good quality) ODDE be? Looking for one as it seems way simpler than flashing the whole drive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xkey is one of the best ones there is.
It's roughly 80 quid and pretty easy to set up.
It only requires your DVD key to be extracted in order for it to work.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.

It saves wear and tear on the laser and the whole DVD assembly itself from repeated open and close cycles.

Once installed then you can leave it there forever.
Just plug a USB into the ODDE and let it update

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes.

Well.
As long as you update your ODDE BEFORE you update your 360 then you don't have a lot to worry about.
Also patch EVERY game with ABGX 360
This will further reduce the chances of getting banned.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for a jumping on this topic but I was also interested in an ODDE for the Xbox 360. As far as I'm aware, dumping the DVD firmware is vital to making it all work but is the whole "opening Xbox and connecting to SATA port" the only way to do it or has there been devices that can do it automatically? I know they can be pricey but considering the cost of a new Xbox game, I think it's a great investment for the long term.

Edit: Darn, it still looks like opening the Xbox is the only option unless someone knows of any advances in dvd firmware dumping lately.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wasabi 360 can do it automatically but I you'll have to open up your 360 anyways.

As of this way you'll need to open up your 360 and dump the drive via a SATA port (compatible one) or 360 USB.
Or send me the DVD drive to dump the keys for you if you don't have a compatible SATA chipset/probe3/connectivity kit etc.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wasabi 360 can do it automatically but I you'll have to open up your 360 anyways.

As of this way you'll need to open up your 360 and dump the drive via a SATA port (compatible one) or 360 USB.
Or send me the DVD drive to dump the keys for you if you don't have a compatible SATA chipset/probe3/connectivity kit etc.
Thanks! I'll keep your username in mind once I get the Xbox 360 torn down.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye sweet!

If you do end up sending me the drive then I'll mail you a copy of your drive keys + I keep a copy for meself if you ever lose it.
Just cover shipping and I'll be glad to extract them for you ;]

If I do screw up then I'll be fully responsible for it (I'll get you a new drive + spoof the keys to it and send it back all on my costs)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Wasabi does do a great job of automatically extracting the DVD key but only from the slim D4S drive. It you have a phat or slim with a different drive you need some other tools to extract the drive key.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for a jumping on this topic but I was also interested in an ODDE for the Xbox 360. As far as I'm aware, dumping the DVD firmware is vital to making it all work but is the whole "opening Xbox and connecting to SATA port" the only way to do it or has there been devices that can do it automatically? I know they can be pricey but considering the cost of a new Xbox game, I think it's a great investment for the long term.

Edit: Darn, it still looks like opening the Xbox is the only option unless someone knows of any advances in dvd firmware dumping lately.

taking the 360 apart is pretty straightforward actually, as long as you have a general idea it shouldnt be too complicated, or maybe i just like taking stuff appart too much lol

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
taking the 360 apart is pretty straightforward actually, as long as you have a general idea it shouldnt be too complicated, or maybe i just like taking stuff appart too much lol

Found out last week that the Xbox 360 IS indeed easy to open with some patience. That and some cheap opening tools bought from ebay. I was tempted to get the SATA PCI-E card but decided to save up and get the X360key USB Pro USB V2 instead so that I can dump my friend's games easily. Yes, I'm aware of 0800 firmware but USB Pro V2 seems more appealing.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out last week that the Xbox 360 IS indeed easy to open with some patience. That and some cheap opening tools bought from ebay. I was tempted to get the SATA PCI-E card but decided to save up and get the X360key USB Pro USB V2 instead so that I can dump my friend's games easily. Yes, I'm aware of 0800 firmware but USB Pro V2 seems more appealing.
make sure to get the right torx sized, and i used a thick guitar pick, which i use to pry most things open.
if if you're thinking of mounting your 360 on your pc, make sure both are grounded to avoid shorting something out or you might regret it, dont wanna scare you, but make sure you're doing that part right.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
make sure to get the right torx sized, and i used a thick guitar pick, which i use to pry most things open.
if if you're thinking of mounting your 360 on your pc, make sure both are grounded to avoid shorting something out or you might regret it, dont wanna scare you, but make sure you're doing that part right.

Actually, the reason I'm not too keen on the Sata PCI-E method is because hooking the sata to the PC and using the Xbox console to power it on means the console makes a log of it being switched on with no dvd drive detected. As far as I'm aware, people say it's still not resulted in a ban but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the reason I'm not too keen on the Sata PCI-E method is because hooking the sata to the PC and using the Xbox console to power it on means the console makes a log of it being switched on with no dvd drive detected. As far as I'm aware, people say it's still not resulted in a ban but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.
i couldnt tell you on that, since i dont use it online, so i wouldnt take my word for it. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1