Hacking Cheap sd2vita issues

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The old saying goes you get what you pay for. I paid for an sd2vita from srident and it's an early model as I have had to tape it up to cover points.

I had loads of issues where it would sometimes read and sometimes not. I spent ages messing with configs and scratching my head.

In the end it's very simple. The adapter actually goes too far in... All I do now is push it all the way in then pull it back up a few mm and it works every time now!

Ordered one of the newer encased ones to hopefully avoid this issue. Has anyone got any comments on how well these newer ones fit?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Reactions: Count Duckula

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u get what u pay for I guess.

besides, I was asked where I bought mine from. I was just linking them to the auction. I wasn't advertising it. also, I made no argument about hand soldered ones over machine soldered or the other way around. that argument was made by someone else.

Last edited by godreborn,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
u get what u pay for I guess.

besides, I was asked where I bought mine from. I was just linking them to the auction. I wasn't advertising it. also, I made no argument about hand soldered ones over machine soldered or the other way around. that argument was made by someone else.
Nah I don't believe "you get what you pay for" for this particular product. It was established from the start that it was overpriced and sadly those who had the ability to solder took advantage of that, and people were gullible and fell for it (I almost fell for it myself as well)

I didn't insinuate you were advertising anything, nor was there any mention that it was the one you bought. The user only wanted an eBay link. Any eBay link. So I was surprised you linked him to an expensive one, that's all :)

And for the hand and machine soldered argument. That wasn't related to your reply. It was a general addition to the thread. Obviously I wasn't about to create a new reply for that :P

Reactions: godreborn
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, I ordered 2 of the smiley face adaptors just after they were released for about AU$4 (about USD$3.20). There's no casing, just a wider PCB thats been routed to work with the push-pull vita cart mechanism and a sticker on one side. Works well though.

As others have said that listing is the exact same item that is sold for FAR less on ebay/aliexpress etc. There's several for under $3 in ebay's 'People were also interested in' section on that very page :)

Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone