Hacking Chaos Rings III Translation Project

k0untd0une

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've been trying to get this working for a while now. No matter what I do, the text isn't translated. I'm using the game downloaded from the NPS browser. Dragged the PCSG00457 folder to patch.bat file. No errors or anything. Didn't work. Tried what someone on Reddit suggested and that was to drag the CR3 folder to patch.bat. Text still not translated. Patched the game to latest patch. Redid the previous two steps. Game still not translated. There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong here.

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I've been trying to get this working for a while now. No matter what I do, the text isn't translated. I'm using the game downloaded from the NPS browser. Dragged the PCSG00457 folder to patch.bat file. No errors or anything. Didn't work. Tried what someone on Reddit suggested and that was to drag the CR3 folder to patch.bat. Text still not translated. Patched the game to latest patch. Redid the previous two steps. Game still not translated. There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong here.

Use repatch method you can find the files in reddit.

ofthriceandmen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I've posted this a thread called this: "Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory - Japanese in English Version"

And basically, this game has the same file types as Chaos Rings III (same developer).

Digimon CS HM, in Japan, has an updated version of CS 1 not released in the west and the Japanese versions,, have a hidden English version that seems done but is inaccessible.
(That's the gist, the full story is at my thread)

Anyway, were the tools used for the Chaos Rings III project ever released? They would really help a lot. Especially a way to edit .mbe files. I'm trouble editing the.mbe files without the game thinking they're corrupt.

Thanks!

Last edited by ofthriceandmen,

Akatsukidarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I join the cause, in my case I am testing with the USA and European versions of Digimon CS, I am also a bit interested if there are tools to edit .mbe files, since they are practically the same format used by Chaos Ring, and would be of great help for some translation to more languages for Digimon.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

megane_72

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, unlucky the link to the patch is not working:

Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 808275

Varnish cache server

Someone can upload a mirror?

Thanks

ZeRoX98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems getting this patch to work. When I start the game, it shows the "preparing to start the application" screen, and then just a black screen. Is anybody else getting this? When I remove the patch, game launches fine (but of course, still in Japanese).

Installed here:
ux0:/rePatch/PCSG00500

Yes, rePatch plugin is enabled. And I am using the standalone game that is not part of the Chaos Rings 3 Prequel Trilogy (PCSG00457).

What am I doing wrong here?

Update: Ended up finding a nonpdrm version of Prequel Trilogy instead with Chaos Rings 3 translated.

Last edited by ZeRoX98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night